E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Euro Delivery Price



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Euro Delivery Price

Hi
I am thinking of doing a ED for my next car.
Is there a price difference for ED? Dealer quoted me the same price as taking delivery in Canada, is that correct?

Any one with any knowledge in ED pls let me know.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

That is incorrect. I just went through the exact same discussion last weekend with my sales guy at BMW and there is about an $8000 saving in price depending on the car. (was looking at an M3 coupe)

He suggested unless you're going to be there (Germany)for a while its not always worth the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout335i View Post
That is incorrect. I just went through the exact same discussion last weekend with my sales guy at BMW and there is about an $8000 saving in price depending on the car. (was looking at an M3 coupe)

He suggested unless you're going to be there (Germany)for a while its not always worth the hassle.
Cool. I am looking at a 335 Xi so the savings will be less. However what savings is he talking about? Do you know?
Is he talking about say if you are going to Germany for a vacation and say you will rent a car in case when you do a ED there is no need for the car rental. Is he taking that to the equation when he says 8k in savings?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
kgb1637's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: F30 (on its way)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm, $8k sounds like a lot, I think its around $2k for a 335i in the US but I am definitely doing it for my next car. I'll plan a week to go there and it should be a blast.
__________________
Retired - '08 E90 335i Sparkling Graphite/Gray Dakota Leather, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, Navi, ipod, Sat
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
BRAISKI
Colonel
BRAISKI's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
2,392
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
I am planning to do the ED sometime July since I will be in Germany that time.

Here is more info for Canadian...

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/insights/bmw..._overview.html


The US version is very different with the Canadian version.

Some of the biggest difference is that they can get a 2 for 1 ticket from Lufthansa and they can save about 7% of the price of the car. Also they get discount on from the hotels. Oh and they can ask BMW to load the EU GPS!!!! For Canadians we have to buy the DVD there!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
I am planning to do the ED sometime July since I will be in Germany that time.

Here is more info for Canadian...

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/insights/bmw..._overview.html


The US version is very different with the Canadian version.

Some of the biggest difference is that they can get a 2 for 1 ticket from Lufthansa and they can save about 7% of the price of the car. Also they get discount on from the hotels. Oh and they can ask BMW to load the EU GPS!!!! For Canadians we have to buy the DVD there!!!
I was told as part of the new ED program the EU GPS will be loaded and when the car arrives here in Canada it will be loaded with the NA maps.

What I want to know is is there a price differnce?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
BRAISKI
Colonel
BRAISKI's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
2,392
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
I was told as part of the new ED program the EU GPS will be loaded and when the car arrives here in Canada it will be loaded with the NA maps.

What I want to know is is there a price differnce?
Oh I just checked again... I guess they changed is since I was checking they told me that I will need to buy the DVD.


Quote:
Will my Navigation System work in Europe?
If you have ordered BMW Navigation System on your new BMW (except the X3), European maps will be
automatically loaded when you pick up your car in Munich; therefore the navigation disk is not necessary. If you
ordered an X3 with Navigation System, you will have to contact your local Retailer prior to your trip to acquire the
disk, or purchase it directly at the BMW Welt.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb1637 View Post
Hmmm, $8k sounds like a lot, I think its around $2k for a 335i in the US but I am definitely doing it for my next car. I'll plan a week to go there and it should be a blast.
Not sure what it costs where you are, but the price diff for a ED in Canada for a M3 was a little under $8000.

The prices for BMW's in the US is a lot less then Canada. When I bought my 335i in Canada, the almost exact optioned car was $9,000 less at the US dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
BRAISKI
Colonel
BRAISKI's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
2,392
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
$8000 is a lot, I was talking to the General Manager at the dealer I went and I was told there is NO savings like in the US. It will all depend on how you deal with it. But as it stands there is no discount for doing a ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
$8000 is a lot, I was talking to the General Manager at the dealer I went and I was told there is NO savings like in the US. It will all depend on how you deal with it. But as it stands there is no discount for doing a ED.
Thanks Man.
Finally some one answered the question in the straight forward manner.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
$8000 is a lot, I was talking to the General Manager at the dealer I went and I was told there is NO savings like in the US. It will all depend on how you deal with it. But as it stands there is no discount for doing a ED.

Let me see, a dealer wants to sell you a car and has no real vested interest in sending you to do an ED. It would make sense they are not going to tell you there are any savings. Saw the exact price list for ED and the dealer pricing and a significant price difference, so not buying the dealers line that there's no cost saving.

If I recall G-mach1 is from Calgary so US pricing does not have the same savings as a Canadian customer.

Anyway, enjoy your BMW, where ever you get it from.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout335i View Post
Let me see, a dealer wants to sell you a car and has no real vested interest in sending you to do an ED. It would make sense they are not going to tell you there are any savings. Saw the exact price list for ED and the dealer pricing and a significant price difference, so not buying the dealers line that there's no cost saving.

If I recall G-mach1 is from Calgary so US pricing does not have the same savings as a Canadian customer.

Anyway, enjoy your BMW, where ever you get it from.
Can you share the prices? I mean the dealer price VS ED price on the invoice?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Can you share the prices? I mean the dealer price VS ED price on the invoice?
If i recall from memory the base price for the M3 started at $72,000 and the ED price was around $64,500. That ok, the diplomat price was even less. almost $10,000 less.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
BRAISKI
Colonel
BRAISKI's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
2,392
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout335i View Post
If i recall from memory the base price for the M3 started at $72,000 and the ED price was around $64,500. That ok, the diplomat price was even less. almost $10,000 less.
That would be awesome!

Since I am pricing the 335 xi Coupe @ $64,000 M-Package and other packages with lumbar.

But then again the interest rate would still be more than double.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
shag
The Black Wagon Man
shag's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
460
Posts

 
Drives: '14 328xdT M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
But then again the interest rate would still be more than double.
What do you mean by that? ED financing is the same as standard delivery now.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
What do you mean by that? ED financing is the same as standard delivery now.
I think he meant the M3 Finace rate VS E9X finace rate or lease rate
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
shag
The Black Wagon Man
shag's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
460
Posts

 
Drives: '14 328xdT M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
I think he meant the M3 Finace rate VS E9X finace rate or lease rate
DOH! My bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #18
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout335i View Post
If i recall from memory the base price for the M3 started at $72,000 and the ED price was around $64,500. That ok, the diplomat price was even less. almost $10,000 less.

Thanks.
One more question, do you recall or Can you tell me the ED price for 2010 335? I searched every where and can't find any thing for Canada.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #19
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Thanks.
One more question, do you recall or Can you tell me the ED price for 2010 335? I searched every where and can't find any thing for Canada.
Afraid I don't, I was only looking at the M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #20
Kiyi
Private
Canada
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 328i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

hey everyone, i'm a little new here so sorry for the question but why would there ever be a discount for ED? I assume that everything is done through a local dealer so how could there be a savings since insurance and everything is included in Europe?

Can someone explain?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #21
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyi View Post
hey everyone, i'm a little new here so sorry for the question but why would there ever be a discount for ED? I assume that everything is done through a local dealer so how could there be a savings since insurance and everything is included in Europe?

Can someone explain?
No of reasons,
a) PDI is done at BMW factory. - Yes I know what the dealers are going to say but almost 99% of the PDI is done in Germany when you do a ED.
b) In cases when you finance or lease BMW gets the money earlier. ie : From the time you pick up the vehicle in the factory the payments are calculated.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #22
Kiyi
Private
Canada
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 328i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

I understand point a.). I'm not too clear on point b.)

I'm considering ED since I have family all over germany including Munich.

I'm also considering financing.

So if i'm doing ED you mean that BMW would receive the first payment earlier since I'll be paying them at Welt?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST