E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ECU Tuning Software or piggyback ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #23
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

Got my car back today with 2 completely new turbos. I had them in my hands yesterday. Compared to my previous turbos the rods to the wastegates are 2mm thicker. In addition I reckognized, that my stock ECU program ( no idea about the version ) with the new turbos puts out 9.5 PSI compared to 8.5 PSI before the turbo swap with the same ECU software.

In case I can't test any piggyback I will go back to my flash in about 2 weeks. Good news only so far . What I had to pay is the oil-change I requested and the fee for the car I drove the last 3 days.

At least for me, BMW rulez

Cheers,
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #24
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Sniz's Avatar
190
Rep
10,572
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Got my car back today with 2 completely new turbos. I had them in my hands yesterday. Compared to my previous turbos the rods to the wastegates are 2mm thicker. In addition I reckognized, that my stock ECU program ( no idea about the version ) with the new turbos puts out 9.5 PSI compared to 8.5 PSI before the turbo swap with the same ECU software.

In case I can't test any piggyback I will go back to my flash in about 2 weeks. Good news only so far . What I had to pay is the oil-change I requested and the fee for the car I drove the last 3 days.

At least for me, BMW rulez

Cheers,
Eugen
havent seen you around much!! glad your still enjoying your car.

you say its boosting a little higher w the new setup? Does it feel faster?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
havent seen you around much!! glad your still enjoying your car.

you say its boosting a little higher w the new setup? Does it feel faster?
Well, hard to say. Yes, I boost a little higher. I currently have a gap of about 100 HP and 160 NM tq @ crank due to the missing SW / piggyback tune. Supporting mods are still there and have never been removed. I started to tune my car with the PROcede in 2007 and 200 milage. However, it's a nice car even stock.

Cheers,
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #26
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

hmm ... watching this thread it seems to me that no piggyback vendor is interested in a comparision to a long-time tested and approved serious ECU-flash ( Noelle does the Alpina software ). My tune workes flawless since a long time, has been approved on hitek dynos and I'm also looking forward to the GIAC Stage II SW, but it will be hard to get in Switzerland. This tells a lot to me. We all are dealing with critical components on the 335i. So, keep free minded and choose according to your preferences / needs. I could easily buy a PROcede "space hitek whatever ..." device but I just like to get an impression how far we are with the piggys. And yes, I have the knowledge and equipment to be able to compare.

Cheers,
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
RiXst3r
RiXst3r's Avatar
153
Rep
6,509
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
hmm ... watching this thread it seems to me that no piggyback vendor is interested in a comparision to a long-time tested and approved serious ECU-flash ( Noelle does the Alpina software ). My tune workes flawless since a long time, has been approved on hitek dynos and I'm also looking forward to the GIAC Stage II SW, but it will be hard to get in Switzerland. This tells a lot to me. We all are dealing with critical components on the 335i. So, keep free minded and choose according to your preferences / needs. I could easily buy a PROcede "space hitek whatever ..." device but I just like to get an impression how far we are with the piggys. And yes, I have the knowledge and equipment to be able to compare.

Cheers,
Eugen
Eugen,

What do you mean none of the piggyback vendors are interested in a comparison?

PROcede has a 14-day no questions asked return policy... so what is the hold up
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #28
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Eugen,

What do you mean none of the piggyback vendors are interested in a comparison?

PROcede has a 14-day no questions asked return policy... so what is the hold up
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #29
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Eugen,

What do you mean none of the piggyback vendors are interested in a comparison?

PROcede has a 14-day no questions asked return policy... so what is the hold up
Hi Rick,

glad to read from you again and hope you are fine . 2 weeks are far too short to perform and measure the tests. Including shipping, 6 weeks would be more practical, especially located in Europe as I am ... BTW ... I still enjoy your great Vent Boost Gauge ( as my BMW representative does ) !

Cheers,
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #30
RiXst3r
RiXst3r's Avatar
153
Rep
6,509
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
Thanks!

I think the problem might be that if Vishnu were to allow you special terms, more so that your average customer, than it would be seen as favortism, and your review might be viewed as biased. Personally, if I had an extra one in stock, I would send it to ya, as I know I can trust you with it... but I just sold my last one yesterday... they are really selling like hotcakes!

-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hi Rick,

glad to read from you again and hope you are fine . 2 weeks are far too short to perform and measure the tests. Including shipping, 6 weeks would be more practical, especially located in Europe as I am ... BTW ... I still enjoy your great Vent Boost Gauge ( as my BMW representative does ) !

Cheers,
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #31
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
Germany
63
Rep
2,451
Posts

 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
has anyone outside of asr actually purchased this kit yet?
+1

I would really like to see an independent user review of these. However, I believe most of them are sold to Russia (which is, BTW, also the biggest market for Evotech tunes of the X5/X6 with the new V8 bi-turbo - more than 600 hp crank).

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #32
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Eugen,

V3 Rev II procede is an extreme improvement over the V2 Rev I iteration. It is worth giving it a try. If you look over the old threads I had some of the same experiences you did with the V2. Shiv has done an outstanding job of making continuous steps forward.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST