E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Official Fantasy Football Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Official Fantasy Football Thread

So heres my roster. My question is should I trade Tony Romo and Ronnie Brown for Matt Forte? I have Matt Ryan chilling on the bench and once Marshawn Lynch's suspension is over im thinking that Johnson, Forte, and Lynch would be more than enough to offset the slight drop in performance from Romo's loss.
Good idea?


THE INGLORIOUS BASTERDS:
QB- Tony Romo, Dal
RB- Chris Johnson, Ten
RB- Ronnie Brown, Mia
RB/WR- Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR- Randy Moss, NE WR
WR- Greg Jennings, GB WR
TE- Owen Daniels, Hou TE
D/ST- Dolphins D/ST
K- Nick Folk, Dal

Bench- Marshawn Lynch*, Buf RB
Bench- Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Bench- Matt Cassel, KC QB
Bench- Chris Wells, Ari RB
Bench- Donald Brown, Ind RB
Bench- Steve Breaston, Ari WR
Bench- Sammy Morris, NE RB
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**

Last edited by guardianangel3290; 09-09-2009 at 12:57 PM.
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Without a doubt! Love Forte especially if you get PPR. However, Forte's schedule is really tough during your playoffs. BTW, I think you need to improve your bench.
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Without a doubt! Love Forte especially if you get PPR. However, Forte's schedule is really tough during your playoffs. BTW, I think you need to improve your bench.
word

im pretty close to landing a trade for Greg Olsen. He's gonna BLOW UP this year
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Like Olsen but you really need a solid backup WR. I have Breaston too but he's the third option unless Fitz or Bolden go down. Drop Morris...too many backs especially Freddy T now there.
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Like Olsen but you really need a solid backup WR. I have Breaston too but he's the third option unless Fitz or Bolden go down. Drop Morris...too many backs especially Freddy T now there.
ive got morris cued up to be dropped in place of the Bears defense.

and yea the wide reciever situation is tricky. Im pretty loaded with my 2 starters but i have no depth whatsoever. I'm hoping that, being that Olsen is Cutlers no.1 recieving option, he'll pick up the slack if i ever need it.
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Here's one of my squads:

QB- Matt Schaub, Tex
RB- Marion Barber, Dal
RB- Jones-Drew, Jax
WR- Calvin Johnson, Det
WR- Bernard Berrian, Minn
TE- Dallas Clark, Ind
D/ST- Packers
K- Akers, Phi

Bench- Favre, QB
Bench- Addai, RB
Bench- Cedric Benson, RB
Bench- Tim Hightower, RB
Bench- Kevin Smith, RB
Bench- Steve Breaston, Ari WR

(No flex position and we don't have to play a TE.)

My WRs are pretty thin and I only have one backup like you. Decided to stock up on RBs.
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #7
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

i'd drop benson. he's trash

look to trade him for a mid level WR.

otherwise your squad is pretty stacked


let me ask you this. would you start Romo or Ryan this weekend?
(romo is playing the Bucs and Ryan is matched up against Miami)
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Benson IS garbage but he doesn't share carries over there and gets the goal line carries. He looks good in the second half of the season last year. Sleeper pick.

Yeah, gonna trade one of my RBs for a mid level or top tier WR. Even willing to trade Barber. Don't like the three back system over there.

Matty Ice for sure IMO. Roy Williams is dinged up and I don't like the WRs there now. Ryan has too many weapons and they're playing at home.


(not too many fantasy football players (nerds) on this forum)
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
So heres my roster. My question is should I trade Tony Romo and Ronnie Brown for Matt Forte? I have Matt Ryan chilling on the bench and once Marshawn Lynch's suspension is over im thinking that Johnson, Forte, and Lynch would be more than enough to offset the slight drop in performance from Romo's loss.
Good idea?


THE INGLORIOUS BASTERDS:
QB- Tony Romo, Dal
RB- Chris Johnson, Ten
RB- Ronnie Brown, Mia
RB/WR- Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR- Randy Moss, NE WR
WR- Greg Jennings, GB WR
TE- Owen Daniels, Hou TE
D/ST- Dolphins D/ST
K- Nick Folk, Dal

Bench- Marshawn Lynch*, Buf RB
Bench- Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Bench- Matt Cassel, KC QB
Bench- Chris Wells, Ari RB
Bench- Donald Brown, Ind RB
Bench- Steve Breaston, Ari WR
Bench- Sammy Morris, NE RB
Yes, do that trade for sure. You really have to believe in Matt Ryan though, and I do. He will give you just as consistent of production as Romo, or more.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Benson IS garbage but he doesn't share carries over there and gets the goal line carries. He looks good in the second half of the season last year. Sleeper pick.

Yeah, gonna trade one of my RBs for a mid level or top tier WR. Even willing to trade Barber. Don't like the three back system over there.

Matty Ice for sure IMO. Roy Williams is dinged up and I don't like the WRs there now. Ryan has too many weapons and they're playing at home.


(not too many fantasy football players (nerds) on this forum)

yea i guess not, i wasnt even able to pull together an 8 man league from the 1addicts and e90post haha.

(i thought a little name change for the thread was in order haha)
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #11
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Out of these three WRs, which one would you play this week (0.2 PPR league):

Bernard Berrian AWAY vs Browns

Santana Moss AWAY vs Giants

Derrick Mason HOME vs Chiefs



It's a hard decision.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Out of these three WRs, which one would you play this week (0.2 PPR league):

Bernard Berrian AWAY vs Browns

Santana Moss AWAY vs Giants

Derrick Mason HOME vs Chiefs



It's a hard decision.
Hmm...Bernard Berrian but hope he plays!! If not, Santana Moss.
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

i'd go with berrian too.
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
jetblk328i
Colonel
 
jetblk328i's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet blk 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (1)

Hey, interesting thread!

I'm looking for some fantasy advice.

i've got 5 WRs. need to start 3.

Santonio Holmes, Lance Moore, Braylon Edwards, Benard Berrian, and Chris Henry.

I'm thinking Moore, Edwards and Henry.

What do you think?

Also, does anyone know if Pierre Thomas is playing? I have my backup Ray Rice in for week 1.
__________________
07 328i, jet black/black. heated seats, auto.
Mods:Chromed Grille,Ipod,BMW All Weather Floor Mats-if you call that a mod.
Mods Coming soon:,Blacklines,Chrome Tips, OEM xenons.......
jetblk328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
JNic335i
Captain
 
JNic335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 650
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to JNic335i
hey guys this is my first fantasy football season, I did a lot of research before my draft and this is what I was able to get. Can you tell me if it is good?

QB- Kurt Warner
RB- Ronnie Brown
RB-Willie Parker
RB/WR- Ryan Grant
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Terrel Owens
TE- Kellen Winslow
DL- Dewight Frenney
D- Giants D/ST
K- Lawerence Tynes

Bench:
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Chad Ochocinco
RB Larry Johnson
QB Carson Palmer
TE- Bo Scaife
D- Dolphins D/ST
__________________
/// E92 | JB4 | UR DP | BMS DCI | H&R | LC Z2S |
JNic335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblk328i View Post
Hey, interesting thread!

I'm looking for some fantasy advice.

i've got 5 WRs. need to start 3.

Santonio Holmes, Lance Moore, Braylon Edwards, Benard Berrian, and Chris Henry.

I'm thinking Moore, Edwards and Henry.

What do you think?
.
i'd start berrian instead of holmes. homes has been having back problems and the titans secondary can be tough.
Its a toss-up on edwards too, he lead the league in drops last year and Brady Quinn is now his QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
hey guys this is my first fantasy football season, I did a lot of research before my draft and this is what I was able to get. Can you tell me if it is good?

QB- Kurt Warner
RB- Ronnie Brown
RB-Willie Parker
RB/WR- Ryan Grant
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Terrel Owens
TE- Kellen Winslow
DL- Dewight Frenney
D- Giants D/ST
K- Lawerence Tynes

Bench:
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Chad Ochocinco
RB Larry Johnson
QB Carson Palmer
TE- Bo Scaife
D- Dolphins D/ST

looks pretty solid.

I have ronnie brown too, but i think he might be a bit overrated
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #17
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblk328i View Post
Hey, interesting thread!

I'm looking for some fantasy advice.

i've got 5 WRs. need to start 3.

Santonio Holmes, Lance Moore, Braylon Edwards, Benard Berrian, and Chris Henry.

I'm thinking Moore, Edwards and Henry.

What do you think?

Also, does anyone know if Pierre Thomas is playing? I have my backup Ray Rice in for week 1.

I'd start Moore, Edwards and Berrian. Chris Henry is still 3rd in the depth chart behind Ochocinco and Coles.

News: Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) practiced with a brace on his right knee during the portion of practice the media was allowed to watch Thursday. He is listed on the injury report as questionable for Week 1 against Detroit after missing practice Wednesday.

Analysis: This is encouraging news for Thomas, but we still expect him to miss this week after being injured in the second preseason game and missing the final two preseason outings. Thomas could be a game-time decision, but the Saints will probably be cautious and not give him much playing time if he does get in there. Mike Bell would be a great replacement for Thomas if you're looking for someone off the waiver wire, and Bell has played well during the preseason with Thomas hurt.
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #18
guardianangel3290
Free at last
 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

im getting fucked up right now lol

the guy im matched up against has the titans d and ben rothlesburger (i know i didnt spell it right)

im losing 28 to 6 haha
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
guardianangel3290 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
 
gravediggingaditch's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

Curious to thoughts on who to start in my WR/RB position :

JAMAL LEWIS (vs. Vikings) vs. LEE EVANS (Pats)
__________________


BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
gravediggingaditch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggingaditch View Post
Curious to thoughts on who to start in my WR/RB position :

JAMAL LEWIS (vs. Vikings) vs. LEE EVANS (Pats)
That's a toughy. Jamal Lewis is one fumble away from being ousted. Cleveland is also facing one of the best, if not the stoutest run defenses in the league.

You would think that Evans' value is destroyed by T.O.s arrival, but it should be the opposite. Defenses will pay less attention to him. He's very talented. The Patriots will most likely put their new (and very good) acquisition Shawn Springs on T.O., leaving Evans to be covered by a much less talented cb.

I would go with Evans if it were me, but I don't like either of them. What are your other options, if any?
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
 
gravediggingaditch's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
That's a toughy. Jamal Lewis is one fumble away from being ousted. Cleveland is also facing one of the best, if not the stoutest run defenses in the league.

You would think that Evans' value is destroyed by T.O.s arrival, but it should be the opposite. Defenses will pay less attention to him. He's very talented. The Patriots will most likely put their new (and very good) acquisition Shawn Springs on T.O., leaving Evans to be covered by a much less talented cb.

I would go with Evans if it were me, but I don't like either of them. What are your other options, if any?
That is exactly what is in my mind.
Evans will get a lot more space and if NE starts rackin up points, they will air it out. Could be good for Evans.

As far as others, nobody really better.

LeSean McCoy
Kevin Walter
Steve Breaston
Sammy Morris

Good thing is, i only need this spot to get more than 3.8 points as that is what Lendale White put up last night for the other squad.
__________________


BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
gravediggingaditch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Lee Evans it is, then.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST