E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Birther Attorney Slapped with $20,000 Fine and Called "Delusional" by Judge

10-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Birther Attorney Slapped with $20,000 Fine and Called "Delusional" by Judge

Orly Taitz Sanctioned for $20,000

Digg Tweet By David Weigel 10/13/09 10:42 AM

The “Birther queen” has been slapped with a five-figure fine for “wasting the judicial resources” of the Middle District of Georgia, where she’d filed one of her numerous lawsuits demanding that President Obama prove his citizenship before deploying soldiers to Iraq and Afghanistan. The judgment, which calls Taitz’s case and tactics “delusional”:

Counsel Orly Taitz is hereby ordered to pay $20,000.00 to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk’s Office, within thirty days of the date of this Order as a sanction for her misconduct in violation of Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

The entire document, and some key excerpts, after the jump.

Judge Clay Land makes the toughest statement about Taitz’s antics here:

The Court finds that counsel’s conduct was willful and not merely negligent. It demonstrates bad faith on her part. As an attorney, she is deemed to have known better. She owed a duty to follow the rules and to respect the Court. Counsel’s pattern of conduct conclusively establishes that she did not mistakenly violate a provision of law. She knowingly violated Rule 11. Her response to the Court’s show cause order is breathtaking in its arrogance and borders on delusional. She expresses no contrition or regret regarding her misconduct. To the contrary, she continues her baseless attacks on the Court.

And here’s the tick-tock of Taitz’s appearance in court:

Counsel’s frivolous and sanctionable conduct wasted the Defendants’ time and valuable judicial resources that could have been devoted to legitimate cases pending with the Court. When she filed the Rhodes case, counsel indicated that it was urgent that the matter be heard because her client was facing imminent deployment. The Court rearranged its schedule, took time to read the legal papers, and conducted preliminary research in preparation for the hearing. The Army had to activate its legal team on short notice, sending a Major from the Army Litigation Division in Washington, D.C. and a Captain from the CONUS Replacement Center at Ft. Benning. In addition, the Assistant U.S. Attorney had to accompany them. Like the Court, the government attorneys had to prepare in an expedited manner for the hearing. During the week preceding Captain Rhodes’s deployment, the Court was in the midst of a jury trial. Therefore, the Court had to alter the trial schedule to conduct the hearing during an extended lunch break, thus affecting other counsel and jurors. The Clerk’s Office was burdened by Ms. Taitz’s inability to follow the Court’s rules regarding pro hac vice admission and the Court’s rules for electronic filing. On five separate occasions in a short period, the Clerk’s Office personnel error-noticed counsel for her failure to follow simple rules. At the hearing, counsel failed to make coherent
legal arguments but instead wasted the Court’s time with press conference sound bites and speeches.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
I would carry this around wherever she went:

10-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: bmw

I am sure she is a nut as the judge has now certified. the question remains. why wont BO release his actiul birth certificate?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
I am sure she is a nut as the judge has now certified. the question remains. why wont BO release his actiul birth certificate?
Because it would legitimize idiocy.

Because better proof has already been procured.

Most importantly, because he does not have to.

For the love of all that's holy, please don't bring this shit back up on this forum.

Crazy person got slapped with a fine for being an idiot. God fucking Bless America.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post

For the love of all that's holy, please don't bring this shit back up on this forum.

Crazy person got slapped with a fine for being an idiot. God fucking Bless America.
Here here!!!!!
      10-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

every president should show it - its a job requirement.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
every president should show it - its a job requirement.
Hey Orly, zip it.
      10-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:

Im sorry what? Better proof then the original birth certificate has been procured? To what do you refer?

The only birth info I know of is the COLB, which has been computer altered. And a newspaper announcement which was done automatically by the state and could be announced even for mickey mouse. Anybody can announce a birth regardless of where the person was born.

So what is this better proof that you speak of? No politics, no insults, just show me the LINK for the better proof. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Im sorry what? Better proof then the original birth certificate has been procured? To what do you refer?

The only birth info I know of is the COLB, which has been computer altered. And a newspaper announcement which was done automatically by the state and could be announced even for mickey mouse. Anybody can announce a birth regardless of where the person was born.

So what is this better proof that you speak of? No politics, no insults, just show me the LINK for the better proof. Thanks
Hey Orly, zip it.
      10-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #10
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I love how the "birthers" are proven correct that O hasn't provided a birth certificate. Thats not an issue.

But the "anti-birthers" cannot prove he is a citizen.

HEY GUESS WHAT. In 2004 when O was running for senate, he admitted that he was not natural born during a debate by saying that it didnt matter cause he wasnt running for prez. So many of you blind followers are gonna faint in January when the court date for O to prove his citizenship takes place.

Check this link for proof from the AP.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pS7sKjlzwF...5596258474.png

Or this one.
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/...ews/news1.html

"This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office. Seeing that an AP reporter is too professional to submit a story which was not based on confirmed sources (ostensibly the Obama campaign in this case), the inference seems inescapable: Obama himself was putting out in 2004, that he was born in Kenya."
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
I love how the "birthers" are proven correct that O hasn't provided a birth certificate. Thats not an issue.

But the "anti-birthers" cannot prove he is a citizen.

HEY GUESS WHAT. In 2004 when O was running for senate, he admitted that he was not natural born during a debate by saying that it didnt matter cause he wasnt running for prez. So many of you blind followers are gonna faint in January when the court date for O to prove his citizenship takes place.

Check this link for proof from the AP.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pS7sKjlzwF...5596258474.png

Or this one.
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/...ews/news1.html

"This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office. Seeing that an AP reporter is too professional to submit a story which was not based on confirmed sources (ostensibly the Obama campaign in this case), the inference seems inescapable: Obama himself was putting out in 2004, that he was born in Kenya."
Hmmm, the first post is a .png screen capture of a web page from some small Kenyan newspaper. The other is from the Nigerian Observer ... hmmm, very credible.

The proof has been discussed here time and time again. So to have you keep on thumping the ground with your fists about this subject leads me to believe that no matter what proof is given, you'll keep thumping the ground.
      10-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Hmmm, the first post is a .png screen capture of a web page from some small Kenyan newspaper. The other is from the Nigerian Observer ... hmmm, very credible.

The proof has been discussed here time and time again. So to have you keep on thumping the ground with your fists about this subject leads me to believe that no matter what proof is given, you'll keep thumping the ground.
Ok forget those articles if you want. However, I asked for a link to the proof that has been given besides the COLB and newspaper article.

I provided links. Why cant you?

You said that better proof then the birth certificate has been provided. Please show me. I dont understand how you and Nixon and others claims that so much perfect proof has been given. But the birth certificate hasn't. Only a computer altered COLB and newspaper article.

How can supposedly intelligent human beings, constantly lie and say that so much proof has been provided, but when I ask for a link, you refuse? A LINK PLEASE of PROOF of usa birth.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
shpirate87
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Ok forget those articles if you want. However, I asked for a link to the proof that has been given besides the COLB and newspaper article.

I provided links. Why cant you?

You said that better proof then the birth certificate has been provided. Please show me. I dont understand how you and Nixon and others claims that so much perfect proof has been given. But the birth certificate hasn't. Only a computer altered COLB and newspaper article.

How can supposedly intelligent human beings, constantly lie and say that so much proof has been provided, but when I ask for a link, you refuse? A LINK PLEASE of PROOF of usa birth.
This really is sad. You have been provided the proof you ask for. THE official document issued by the State of Hawaii has been produced. You do not like it because it is computer generated but too bad, the laws of Hawaii say that is what you get. That document is good enough for a US passport, a TS security clearance, and any other circumstance that requires legal proff of citizenship. The question really is, why is it not good enough for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
This really is sad. You have been provided the proof you ask for. THE official document issued by the State of Hawaii has been produced. You do not like it because it is computer generated but too bad, the laws of Hawaii say that is what you get. That document is good enough for a US passport, a TS security clearance, and any other circumstance that requires legal proff of citizenship. The question really is, why is it not good enough for you.
I dont care either way. Nothing bush did affected me. Nothing obama has done affects me. Unless im forced to pay money to a healthcare plan, I doubt ill notice anything obama does.

I just find it odd how ferociously obama supporters claim to have all this proof when all they have is a colb. The colb might be perfectly legal. Its still odd that obama is the only president to not produce his birth certificate. Especially since that a job requirement, and he has said with his own mouth that he wasnt born here.

Why is he hiding his college info too? And it doesnt even matter any more really. Hes been screwing up so badly, that the birth certificate isnt even on the front burner anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
I dont care either way. Nothing bush did affected me. Nothing obama has done affects me. Unless im forced to pay money to a healthcare plan, I doubt ill notice anything obama does.
Even with a public option, you'll probably not notice anything Obama does because either way you're being taxed. What is different is how the tax is being spent. Is your tax money going to building bombs or paying for someones healthcare? The only way you'll feel a financial strain is if Obama raises your taxes.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
shpirate87
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Even with a public option, you'll probably not notice anything Obama does because either way you're being taxed. What is different is how the tax is being spent. Is your tax money going to building bombs or paying for someones healthcare? The only way you'll feel a financial strain is if Obama raises your taxes.
You may feel it when your employer chooses to dump you onto the "public option" and you lose the plan you currently have. Or, when the company you work for goes bust because they cannot afford to pay the "fines" imposed on them for not offering a plan the feds find adequate. Or, you might feel it when your paycheck is not worth as much because our annual $1 Trillion + deficits drive up inflation. Or, when Obama DOES raise your taxes.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
you had to bring up ....passport. why hasnt he shown his passport also? he is a public figure, THE MOST public figure in this countyr. he should make it a public record. he should release the REAL birther certificate. what is there to hide. if he was born in HI he has EVERYTHING to gain by showing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
you had to bring up ....passport. why hasnt he shown his passport also? he is a public figure, THE MOST public figure in this countyr. he should make it a public record. he should release the REAL birther certificate. what is there to hide. if he was born in HI he has EVERYTHING to gain by showing it.
Its a conspiracy man. The gays... the jews... damn it the mexicans too... The RUSSIANS! OH MY GOD! It's GOING to turn in to a COMMUNIST COUNTRY!

They'll take the guns... OH $HIT THE GUNS! How will be defend against the GAYS! OH DEAR GOD I AM SO AFRAID!!!

The russians are coming... its a conspiracy!!! SAVE ME! SAVE ME! The GAYS and the RUSSIANS are comming to get me! SAVE me sweet, sweet JESUS! Save me, please Jesus, save me sweet jesus I beg of you. I pray sweet jesus save me from this Barak Obama who unleases the gays and the russians upon me!

Last edited by Mighty M; 10-16-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 03:30 AM   #19
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
Its a conspiracy man. The gays... the jews... damn it the mexicans too... The RUSSIANS! OH MY GOD! It's GOING to turn in to a COMMUNIST COUNTRY!

They'll take the guns... OH $HIT THE GUNS! How will be defend against the GAYS! OH DEAR GOD I AM SO AFRAID!!!

The russians are coming... its a conspiracy!!! SAVE ME! SAVE ME! The GAYS and the RUSSIANS are comming to get me! SAVE me sweet, sweet JESUS! Save me, please Jesus, save me sweet jesus I beg of you. I pray sweet jesus save me from this Barak Obama who unleases the gays and the russians upon me!
wow....just wow. I can hear our founding fathers turning over in thier graves now. and I guess this is the answer to this post:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309626
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
wow....just wow. I can hear our founding fathers turning over in thier graves now. and I guess this is the answer to this post:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309626

Its called satire.

(n) sarcasm, irony, satire, caustic remark (witty language used to convey insults or scorn) "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Jonathan Swift
      10-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
shpirate87
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
Its called satire.
Effective satire requires a high level of literary talent. Swift had it, you evidently do not.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #22
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Effective satire requires a high level of literary talent. Swift had it, you evidently do not.
Appreciate 0