E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 40K Worried about warranty running out

10-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #23
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I wonder if BMW NA will help me with my over heating brand new 335 and give me an oil cooler like it should have had standard?
with your sig...probably not
08 335i e90 TiAg/Black, Premium, Sport, Step, Cold Weather, BMW Perf. shifter/e-brake, M3 lip spoiler, blacklines, aFe intake, VMR 710s, Gloss black vinyl trim, black 3.5" DiMisa tips, Procede V5, ar Design OCC, ETS 5" intercooler (black), MTech wheel, rear bumper, and side skirts, Stett CP, Forge DVs, LUX 5.1, Ground Control Coil-overs, OEM split armrest, Raceland catless DPs, BIM Coded...
      10-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCGoonski View Post
with your sig...probably not
oh snap, forgot about that!

My sig is a wishlist! Of things im hoping to add oneday in the future.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      10-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #25
scooby9
Major

Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

Central locking and rattle issues for me too. Along with a crazy driver side mirror and center diff problems.

Fun to drive but out of warranty is a little scary for me too.
      10-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #26
e92kev
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW JET BLACK 335i

i have the same problem as well.

2008 BMW 335i jet black coupe
48000 miles on odo. 2000 miles left on warranty.

1. Wastegate rattle that they won't fix saying it's normal.
2. When I rev the car and when the rev comes down there is this nasty rattle that they say it's normal. It's not normal btw even the technician agreed that something is definitely wrong.
3. Constant engine malfunction power reduced light which i have been going in for the 5th time and still can't fix the issue.
4. Brake light malfunction light
5. other minor problems that I have to literally go to dealer 3 times a month. It's quite embarrassing when the whole department knows who you are and look at me like i'm crazy.

Last edited by e92kev; 10-28-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: adding more info
      10-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #27
Potty_Pants
Colonel

Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92kev View Post

2. When I rev the car and when the rev comes down there is this nasty rattle that they say it's normal. It's not normal btw even the technician agreed that something is definitely wrong.
I suspect this is the same rattle i have...
from my experience the rattle stops or disappears during the cold winter *shrug* summer it comes back.

I brought the car to two dealers. The first deal confirmed the rattle , duplicated it on another service mechanic's 335i manual and opened a puma case. the result = no action on case , case never opened, or bmw said it was normal.

the 2nd dealer heard the rattle and said it was normal and only on manual cars.

i disagree with their assesment. while some clutch or transmission chatter is normal this isnt normal clutch/transmisson noise. i might have a thread about this from 2-3 years ago.

this is just one of the things i expect from bmw... kinda like a fugly girl, you gotta do one . this bmw is my fugly girl.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Potty_Pants is offline   United_States
      10-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
BMWNA
Private

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I wonder if BMW NA will help me with my over heating brand new 335 and give me an oil cooler like it should have had standard?
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.
      10-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
Zeph
Major

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Send a message via AIM to Zeph Send a message via Yahoo to Zeph
Maybe BMW NA can offer me to take my car back, refund my $3k down payment, and sell me a new E92 M3 6MT for about 1/2 price since I did R&D for them on HPFP's (replaced due to failure @ 8300 miles) using 93 octane Shell V-Power. Plus the broken clutch @ 2300 miles, and the broken LPFP @ 1200 miles, the stereo that oscillates the volume up and down on certain CD's and even some radio songs, the left rear suspension component that "creaks" when I get outta my car...

Did I mention my passenger seatbelt didn't retract one day? The girl I picked up was VERY impressed

sorry rant I apologize
Zeph is offline   United_States
      10-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #30
BMWNA
Private

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92kev View Post

1. Wastegate rattle that they won't fix saying it's normal.
3. Constant engine malfunction power reduced light which i have been going in for the 5th time and still can't fix the issue.
4. Brake light malfunction light
5. other minor problems that I have to literally go to dealer 3 times a month. It's quite embarrassing when the whole department knows who you are and look at me like i'm crazy.
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.