E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M3 with suspension failure...



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #23
red355
Captain
 
red355's Avatar
 
Drives: RS4 Avant V8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: GB

Posts: 665
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKkBaSs View Post


/thread

+1
__________________
RS4 Avant V8 Misano Red ¦ ¦
Golf GTI ¦ leather ¦

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
red355 is offline   England
0
      10-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #24
prt71
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: leics

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

If there are legal issues to be resolved then say so, but telling us all to basically butt out when you're thread was full of faintly hysterical pleas for help is a bit erm contradictory.
prt71 is offline  
0
      10-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #25
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

For one i think it's a crock of shit to come on a forum, ask for advice, then refuse to give back to forum when you've got your answer.

That's just my opinion in general, and not very common place on here.

Maybe you should PM the guys who are interested in what caused the failure to at least alleviate their fears, or are you happy for someone to have a similar incident to you and not be so lucky?
misterS3 is offline  
0
      10-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #26
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 4,629
iTrader: (2)

This is interesting - personally I don't see any reason why this thread should be closed.

If Stehpen Gateleys partner asked the mail to pull the article about his partner - would they do it? No.

This thread is about Mikes car, but to be honest in terms of content - what everyone else says won't change Mikes position, legal or otherwise.

Mike - the best way for this to go away is not to reply. Noone here can force your hand, whether they think they have a right to know or not - so lets all just leave it and it will go away.

Alternatively, maybe Tone will do you a favour!!

Regardless, I am glad it's sorted.

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom
0
      10-25-2009, 05:39 AM   #27
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,755
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
For one i think it's a crock of shit to come on a forum, ask for advice, then refuse to give back to forum when you've got your answer.

That's just my opinion in general, and not very common place on here.

Maybe you should PM the guys who are interested in what caused the failure to at least alleviate their fears, or are you happy for someone to have a similar incident to you and not be so lucky?
Can't put it any better than that.

The price of Milke's silence is the repairing of the parts by whatever party, which is put before all of us here who were concerned and replied when he was having his arm-waving histrionics.

Hope you sleep easier than the night it happened Mike, knowing that the rest of us don't know if it is something to genuinely worry about (whether a one off or related to strapping down).

Respect your desire to close the thread ? Respect our desire to know how much to be concerened.

Discourteous. Reeks. Handled badly. There is no rational and fair reason to close this thread.

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
      10-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #28
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,911
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
I have asked you all nicely to let this one go at the moment , I can not discuss it at the moment please respect that.
Mikey said earlier that he is unable to discuss it at the moment, perhaps when he is in a position to do so he will let us know. Or perhaps he will get fed up of people badgering him for an explanation an not bother telling anything at all.
willhollin is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #29
edowen
Major
 
Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uk

Posts: 1,018
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prt71 View Post
If there are legal issues to be resolved then say so, but telling us all to basically butt out when you're thread was full of faintly hysterical pleas for help is a bit erm contradictory.
+1
edowen is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #30
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

STATEMENT

Listen Guys ,all you lot were a big help to me last Sunday Evening and I really appreciate it ,this is an amazing place to be a member of ,the reason why I was so distraught is the fact that I was very nearly killed Fact

At the time I had no idea what had caused this which made it even worse


I now know what caused the problem and it has been resolved ,your cars don't have a manafacturing fault ,so rest assured on that one .


The car is fine now and so am I ,everyone who mods there cars should always check that what they do or have done to there cars has not affected the safety of the car in anyway as modding does have its risks

I have learnt from this and in future I will check out everything that I do or have done to any car/cars that I own or modify.

I suggest you all do the same

I will say a big Thankyou to everyone who helped me on here either by the thread or pm


Michael.
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #31
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
STATEMENT

Listen Guys ,all you lot were a big help to me last Sunday Evening and I really appreciate it ,this is an amazing place to be a member of ,the reason why I was so distraught is the fact that I was very nearly killed Fact

.

You say you were nearly killed but don't give a shit about anyone else who may be killed because they've modded their car or had it dyno'd?

If it were up to me, i'd tell you to GTF and i'm not even affected by whatever it was that happened to your car. Totally against the spirit of forums such as these.
misterS3 is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #32
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

Look Pal why don't you do one ,no one else is in danger .

IT WAS A ONE OFF INCIDENT THAT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you don't back off mate I will report you to a Mod as you are being very abussive to me now and I don't deserve that

I won't warn you again.
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #33
edowen
Major
 
Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uk

Posts: 1,018
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
Look Pal why don't you do one ,no one else is in danger .

IT WAS A ONE OFF INCIDENT THAT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you don't back off mate I will report you to a Mod as you are being very abussive to me now and I don't deserve that

I won't warn you again.
cock.
edowen is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #34
KadeSdad
Colonel
 
KadeSdad's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 2,072
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post


I now know what caused the problem and it has been resolved ,your cars don't have a manafacturing fault ,so rest assured on that one .
Good enough for me buddy let's all just leave it there and get on enjoying

Marc
KadeSdad is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #35
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
Look Pal why don't you do one ,no one else is in danger .

IT WAS A ONE OFF INCIDENT THAT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you don't back off mate I will report you to a Mod as you are being very abussive to me now and I don't deserve that

I won't warn you again.
You're warning me for what? Feel free to report me to a mod. I'm not asking something that others aren't discussing via PM. As it stands a lot of us are thinking it's been down to Evolve? If that isn't the case at least say so. Imran is a top bloke and been great in every interaction i've had with him. So currently with your silence you're sullying his good name.
misterS3 is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #36
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,104
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Come on Guy's, give Mikey a break, he obviously has a reason for maintaining what was a dignified silence, and personally I would not envy his position despite the problems with his car being resolved.

However I would hope that whatever the problem was is finally revealed, if only to stop what could be deemed as scaremongering spreading through the forum.

If anyone has a suspicion about what the problem was and how it occured,is is fairly easy to check it yourself, this is assuming others have drawn similar conclusions from Mikey's earlier thread.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
      10-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #37
Rushall
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335d Coupe / Boxster S 987
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

I think it's pretty easy to draw your own conculsion if you read Mickey's original thread.


Mikey - take a chill pill mate. A lot of people were helping you out on this forum this time last week.
Rushall is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
You say you were nearly killed but don't give a shit about anyone else who may be killed because they've modded their car or had it dyno'd?

If it were up to me, i'd tell you to GTF and i'm not even affected by whatever it was that happened to your car. Totally against the spirit of forums such as these.
if this isn't agressive then I don't know what is



And yes Imran is a top bloke and so are the rest off the team and I am back there in a very short time for further work
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #39
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushall View Post
I think it's pretty easy to draw your own conculsion if you read Mickey's original thread.


Mikey - take a chill pill mate. A lot of people were helping you out on this forum this time last week.
Mate I am very chilled I have tried to tell peeps the situation .
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #40
ss134
Brigadier General
 
ss134's Avatar
 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

Posts: 3,672
iTrader: (1)

Lets get this thread closed-hounding someone for information that they can not or will not give is also not in the spirit of the forum.
The OP does not want to divulge the info - that should be the end of it.
He has stated that the fault is not a manufacturing defect. If you have modified your car then that was your decision and if you are concerned then take it to the people who modified your car for a check up.

Last edited by ss134; 10-25-2009 at 08:57 AM.
ss134 is offline   United Kingdom
0
      10-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #41
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
cock.
likewise pal
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #42
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
 
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
 
Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Lets get this thread closed-hounding someone for information that they can not or will not give is also not in the spirit of the forum.
The OP does not want to divulge the info - that should be the end of it.
He has stated that the fault is not a manufacturind defect. If you have modified your car then that was your decision and if you are concerned then take it to the people who modified your car for a check up.
I have tried but obviously a linch mob.
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
MIKEYBMW1 is offline   England
0
      10-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #43
edowen
Major
 
Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uk

Posts: 1,018
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
likewise pal
I'm not your pal.

So the useful message here, is before you go crying and screaming onto a forum publicly saying a car nearly killed you, asking for help, and blaming BMW, just check it wasn't actually something you did/got done to the car first.

Hope any future warranty claims are handled ok.

Happy motoring folks.
edowen is offline  
0
      10-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #44
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
if this isn't agressive then I don't know what is



And yes Imran is a top bloke and so are the rest off the team and I am back there in a very short time for further work
So can you please state for clarity that it wasn't down to Imran / Evolve dynoing your car?

Quite a few guys on here have had their car dyno'd by Evolve (and others) so if that was the reason for the problem it might be wise to give them a heads up so that they can have their cars checked out.

Again maybe i'm wrong but helping out others is the idea of this forum.

If it was down to driver error - no big deal. We've all been there done it.
misterS3 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST