E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > "Short review: Custom Earthquake SWS-8 / SWS-8x spacers"



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #67
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Exclamation IMPORTANT!

For those interested in a set of these, please PM me. I know some are using new accounts and you can't PM right away, but I don't check this thread constantly, so make a few posts (5-10, I believe?) and then send me a quick message. I will reply promptly.

To those that requested an email to this point, I'll send that now. Thanks for the interest!

Also, to those that posted up their experience with these, thank you very much! Glad these are helping people make the SWS install easier!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #68
themangood
New Member
 
Drives: 2004 E60
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

SWS8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
For those interested in a set of these, please PM me. I know some are using new accounts and you can't PM right away, but I don't check this thread constantly, so make a few posts (5-10, I believe?) and then send me a quick message. I will reply promptly.

To those that requested an email to this point, I'll send that now. Thanks for the interest!

Also, to those that posted up their experience with these, thank you very much! Glad these are helping people make the SWS install easier!
I am in the UK and also interested, please let me know how much to ship over here.
themangood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #69
brettp
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to jtsherri, his comms are great and I received the spacers in very little time, It was less than a week to the UK.

Anyone that is from the UK that is debating on getting these, possibly down to the distance, get them ordered. I received these faster than I have received items from ebay that are coming less than 100 miles away.

Spacers look fantastic and will certainly make the whole job much easier.

Thanks again.
brettp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #70
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettp View Post
I just wanted to say a massive thanks to jtsherri, his comms are great and I received the spacers in very little time, It was less than a week to the UK.

Anyone that is from the UK that is debating on getting these, possibly down to the distance, get them ordered. I received these faster than I have received items from ebay that are coming less than 100 miles away.

Spacers look fantastic and will certainly make the whole job much easier.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words, Brett - it was a pleasure dealing with you!

And oddly enough, I think I've shipped more sets of these to the UK in the last couple of months than anywhere else. You guys rock!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #71
brettp
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

No problem, I honestly couldnt ask for better, just cant wait to fit them.

You should start a UK outlet before long. LOL
brettp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #72
themangood
New Member
 
Drives: 2004 E60
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Brett - it was a pleasure dealing with you!

And oddly enough, I think I've shipped more sets of these to the UK in the last couple of months than anywhere else. You guys rock!
And hopefully one more to the UK. Cant wait to get my hands on them. Getting those farty noises already, dont want to blow my subs.
themangood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #73
LeMans335xiE90
+7,033 posts ;)
 
LeMans335xiE90's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 LCI LeMans
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nu Jersey

Posts: 40,244
iTrader: (12)

interested in these please keep making them! thanks
__________________
LeMans335xiE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #74
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by themangood View Post
And hopefully one more to the UK. Cant wait to get my hands on them. Getting those farty noises already, dont want to blow my subs.
En route, bud - sorry for the delayed reply. PMed you a minute ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans335xiE90 View Post
interested in these please keep making them! thanks
Will do!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #75
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Is anyone familiar with Saad Saleem...?

Email address: ssaleem1@hotmail.co.uk

Mailing address:

4 Hillside Avenue
London, London
N11 3DE
United Kingdom

He's trying to scam me out of $90.00

MANY of you have requested these spacers and I'm hoping a few from the UK can chime in, as I ship out of the country to help out the community. Doing so is actually somewhat of a hassle, yet I do it anyway. Due to the fact that USPS does NOT provide tracking #s to the UK, he's trying to use a loophole to get out of payment.

Sorry, but due to one bad egg, this could ruin things for everyone overseas... If anyone knows him, tell him to quit being shady!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #76
brettp
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Jason,

Not heard of the name, do you have the guys username on the forum at all??
Is he trying to say not received or something?

It is just annoying that a guy from the states jtsherri has come up with a great product that helps us out loads and takes the risk in sending them to the UK. I received mine in very quick time with no problems and I have heard many others also very pleased with his service.

Why is it that people try and ruin this, its not on.
brettp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #77
themangood
New Member
 
Drives: 2004 E60
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettp View Post
Jason,

Not heard of the name, do you have the guys username on the forum at all??
Is he trying to say not received or something?

It is just annoying that a guy from the states jtsherri has come up with a great product that helps us out loads and takes the risk in sending them to the UK. I received mine in very quick time with no problems and I have heard many others also very pleased with his service.

Why is it that people try and ruin this, its not on.
Cant comment on Saad Saleem but I think we should be careful slagging people off without the facts. I am also waiting for mine but it hasnt been 10 business days yet. I know sometimes stuff gets delayed by customs. Can take a while to come through. Customs dont check every single package. You seem lucky yours came through early. My earthquakes took over a month to get to me.
themangood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #78
themangood
New Member
 
Drives: 2004 E60
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Jason, got my spacers today. They have been a long time coming but they are just perfect. Will be installing them as soon as I have the time. Tried them in the spare enclosures I have and they are just right. Keep up the good work.
themangood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #79
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Sorry, guys, I know I mentioned this before, but this loser ended up taking me for $90.00 in product... Because of this, I'll likely have to charge a couple bucks extra for any overseas shipments in order to get tracking #s.

If anyone feels like contacting this jackass to "thank" him for the additional shipping fees, here's the info you'll need:

Email address: ssaleem1@hotmail.co.uk

Mailing address:

4 Hillside Avenue
London, London
N11 3DE
United Kingdom

Sorry for the harsh language, but I don't move a ton of these things and a slap in the face like that can hurt a bit. To all of you that HAVEN'T been scammers: Thank you - I greatly appreciate the business!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #80
scottluft
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Spacer Inquiry

I am interested in getting the spacers for the SWS8xi but cannot PM jtsherri. I have not posted before to this website. Please let me know how I can get price and availability.

Scottluft
scottluft is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #81
Lotus99
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Lotus99's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,581
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottluft View Post
I am interested in getting the spacers for the SWS8xi but cannot PM jtsherri. I have not posted before to this website. Please let me know how I can get price and availability.

Scottluft
As he says farther up a bit in this page, in post 67:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
For those interested in a set of these, please PM me. I know some are using new accounts and you can't PM right away, but I don't check this thread constantly, so make a few posts (5-10, I believe?) and then send me a quick message. I will reply promptly.
If the magic number of posts is 10, looks like you're only one post away!
Lotus99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #82
ergoyo
First Lieutenant
 
ergoyo's Avatar
 
Drives: e70 x5d
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 385
iTrader: (7)

Jtshrerri, got my spacers and they look great! Thanks for the fast shipping as well. I will install this weekend.
Quick question, because of the ambiguity in people's posts, is there a definitive answer regarding whether even your spacers is it still necessary to "shave the bottom ribs" of the OEM enclosures in order to make the SWSs fit? I see tons of people still doing this regardless.
Thanks again.
ergoyo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #83
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
Jtshrerri, got my spacers and they look great! Thanks for the fast shipping as well. I will install this weekend.
Quick question, because of the ambiguity in people's posts, is there a definitive answer regarding whether even your spacers is it still necessary to "shave the bottom ribs" of the OEM enclosures in order to make the SWSs fit? I see tons of people still doing this regardless.
Thanks again.
Unless the design of the enclosure has changed since I bought my car, it's completely unnecessary. The reason I made these was because I wanted to avoid any modification to the enclosure itself. The subs should drop right in and fit perfectly with these.
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #84
Kenji
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I am planning on getting the SWS-8xi for my 2011 335i. Do you have a spacer template made for the SWS-8xi? I know you were polling to see if people were interested.

Anyway, I plan on getting a pair of SWS-8xi since it is the 2-Ohm version of the SWS-8 series. It matches the output impedance of the 335i logic 7 amp.

I've been a fan of SWS-8s for a long time. I've actually made a custom sealed enclosure speaker box that housed an original version of the SWS-8 with the silver (or white) woofer cone 6 years ago. My friends thought I had a 10" or 12" sub running in my truck.

Thanks!
Kenji is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #85
ergoyo
First Lieutenant
 
ergoyo's Avatar
 
Drives: e70 x5d
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 385
iTrader: (7)

Has anyone else attempted to install the 2ohm XI's with JT's "traditional" spacers.

Is it confirmed that the spacers will need to be modified? I still can't believe this. The instruction manuals is the same for both SWS' and it describes both subs as having the same exact dimensions.
ergoyo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #86
Xaero
Private First Class
 
Drives: Black 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Xaero Send a message via MSN to Xaero Send a message via Yahoo to Xaero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
Hi,

I am planning on getting the SWS-8xi for my 2011 335i. Do you have a spacer template made for the SWS-8xi? I know you were polling to see if people were interested.

Anyway, I plan on getting a pair of SWS-8xi since it is the 2-Ohm version of the SWS-8 series. It matches the output impedance of the 335i logic 7 amp.

I've been a fan of SWS-8s for a long time. I've actually made a custom sealed enclosure speaker box that housed an original version of the SWS-8 with the silver (or white) woofer cone 6 years ago. My friends thought I had a 10" or 12" sub running in my truck.

Thanks!
I am in the same boat.. about to order the 2ohm speakers and neeed spacers..
Xaero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #87
ergoyo
First Lieutenant
 
ergoyo's Avatar
 
Drives: e70 x5d
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 385
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
Has anyone else attempted to install the 2ohm XI's with JT's "traditional" spacers.

Is it confirmed that the spacers will need to be modified? I still can't believe this. The instruction manuals is the same for both SWS' and it describes both subs as having the same exact dimensions.
I already did this install using JT's spacers and the SWS 8XI (2ohms), and the fit was simply PERFECT. No drilling, modifying, removal of bottom ribs, or anything!! Just drop and screw back in place!! JT's the man!

One less mystery out there..
ergoyo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #88
Imperator
Major
 
Imperator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 1,129
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
I already did this install using JT's spacers and the SWS 8XI (2ohms), and the fit was simply PERFECT. No drilling, modifying, removal of bottom ribs, or anything!! Just drop and screw back in place!! JT's the man!

One less mystery out there..
+1 here. I finally got a new set of SWS-8Xi drivers (2-ohm, black cone) and just did a trial fit of JT's spacers on an extra set of enclosures I have laying around.

The Earthquake driver drops in over the spacer a bit snugly but tightens down easily and uniformly. My spacers are about 4 months old and made with blue plastic instead of black, but I assume the template is the same. The only thing I noticed is the grill spacer doesn't have notches on the front-side (open end) and don't fit flush with the enclosure. I assume this won't be an issue once I get them installed and tuck the carpet around the grill.
Imperator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST