E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Trans problems please help

10-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
IYAOYAS
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 E90 335i

Trans problems please help

Hey guys, about 4 months ago I bought a CPO 07 E90 335i sport w/step. About a month later I left for Iraq, where I am currently. My wife has been driving it regularly alternating between it and her Tahoe. She is NOT an agressive driver. Well about a month ago she took it to the dealer saying that the trans would shift very hard going into 3rd and aven more so when it was cold. So the dealer says it was learned behavior, does a flash and everythings ok for a bit. Then a few days ago she was leaving work in the AM, the car was shifting hard and went into limp with a yellow warning light. So she took it back to the dealer they replaced a sensor, and fixed a leak. She picks it up and heads home,and its shifting great, when she gets off the interstate it starts DOWNSHIFTING very hard. She took it back today,took the tech for a ride and he said it was definately not right. They called her this afternoon saying it was learned behavior, she told them that shes never driven it like that, they say its from the previous owner. But didnt they reset that when they reflashed it? Well they are gonna drive it again Mon to see whats up. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Drives: ///M323 DCT

Supposedly holding down the petal and pressing the button under the pedal for 10+ seconds resets these learned behaviors. The car DOES shift hard when its cold. Somewhat hard when its hot. It could just be the way she drives.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
FORCED AIR
Got Boost?
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 135i, Msport

There is no button under the pedal that is connected to anything....it is there for the driver's "feel". The pedal only operates off of voltage as does the "kickdown."

Could holding it at 100% of input voltage still clear it...sure...just throwing that out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
IYAOYAS
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 E90 335i

Her loaner car (same model w/same trans) shifted as you would expect it to, Nice and smooth in regular drive mode, and firm in DS. She put over 400 miles on the loaner and it didnt start shifting that way so I have a hard time believing that its supposed to shift that way. I also dont believe its "learned behavior".
Appreciate 0