E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Baseline 1/4 runs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

Baseline 1/4 runs

Instead of doing baseline dyno runs I decided to do baseline 1/4 runs. I am going to do a JB+/DCI but wanted to see what she could do stock first.

I ended up getting a best et of 13.3 @ 103 w/ 1.97 60ft. and best mph of 104. I will hit the track again in 8 weeks and try again w/ more power. I hope the tune my trap. Car is a 07 335i Sedan Steptronic sport, bone stock. I ran 20 times, with an average et of 13.4:
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

Nice runs. You will chop that down pretty well with a JB+ and DCI. If you can keep the tires planted you should run 12.80's for sure maybe better.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
BavarianBullet
Lieutenant
 
BavarianBullet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 429
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Instead of doing baseline dyno runs I decided to do baseline 1/4 runs. I am going to do a JB+/DCI but wanted to see what she could do stock first.

I ended up getting a best et of 13.3 @ 103 w/ 1.97 60ft. and best mph of 104. I will hit the track again in 8 weeks and try again w/ more power. I hope the tune my trap. Car is a 07 335i Sedan Steptronic sport, bone stock. I ran 20 times, with an average et of 13.4:
That's the way to do it! Nice times. Those are definitely quick for a stock 335i. Traction must have been decent. DA?

Congrats. I don't think I've seen any 13.2s yet for a stock 335 so you're definitely doing very well.
__________________
2014 Audi S5 DSG
2011 335xi Sedan (retired)
2008 335xi Sedan (retired)
BavarianBullet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

200+ DA 55 degrees @ night 93 octane.
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
MeinBMW
Private First Class
 
MeinBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peabody, MA

Posts: 180
iTrader: (2)

I have no idea how you pulled 3 10ths quicker than me with almost the same '60ft and 1 MPH more but grats!

__________________

Not Stock...
MeinBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Thats about right, I ran a 13.4 @ 104 with a 2.0 60ft stock also.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

I also have no idea; I thought they did 105-106mph traps but best I could do was 104!
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
CaptainDang
Private First Class
 
Drives: Grady White Marlin 300
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 187
iTrader: (4)

Nice times. I think the best times I've seen for the 335i magazine was 13.3 so its nice to see an owner match those numbers.

I'm sure if somebody can run a bone stock 335i on some drag radials and pull a 1.7 or 1.8 60ft, 12's can be possible without touching the motor.
CaptainDang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
MeinBMW
Private First Class
 
MeinBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peabody, MA

Posts: 180
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
I also have no idea; I thought they did 105-106mph traps but best I could do was 104!
Hurm ... it was about 30 degrees warmer when I went so I'm gonna tell myself that had something to do with it

BTW .. when were you shifting? Or were you just in Sport?
__________________

Not Stock...
MeinBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #10
Car Enthusiast
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 84
iTrader: (2)

I was out at the track and met Htown on Saturday. I couldn't manage to get any decent times, but I watched Htown rip several mid-13 second runs. His car is amazingly fast and he manages to run very consistent times. Very cool guy with impressive driving skills!
Car Enthusiast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinBMW View Post
BTW .. when were you shifting? Or were you just in Sport?
I was in d/s mode, click once to turn on DTC, m1 on takeoff and let the car shift at redline and would manually shift 3/4 at 6800 or so to try and get a better mph but never found that 105 I was looking for. Personally I love the step transmission which allows you to adjust your shift points and then D when just crusin. We also do the "Texas Mile" got up to 150mph or so which was a new experience.
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #12
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Enthusiast View Post
I was out at the track and met Htown on Saturday. I couldn't manage to get any decent times, but I watched Htown rip several mid-13 second runs. His car is amazingly fast and he manages to run very consistent times. Very cool guy with impressive driving skills!

Thanks bro, and you have a sweet E92! Me and Ian saw you pull up and was glad to see some other BMW's. We will do it again in Baytown in a few weeks if you are down. You will have to show me the ropes haven't been there yet
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2009, 03:04 AM   #13
MeinBMW
Private First Class
 
MeinBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peabody, MA

Posts: 180
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
I was in d/s mode, click once to turn on DTC, m1 on takeoff and let the car shift at redline and would manually shift 3/4 at 6800 or so to try and get a better mph but never found that 105 I was looking for. Personally I love the step transmission which allows you to adjust your shift points and then D when just crusin. We also do the "Texas Mile" got up to 150mph or so which was a new experience.
Cool thanks! I'm gonna have to give that a shot at the track next time
__________________

Not Stock...
MeinBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
Synergy 69
www.facebook.com/Synergy69
 
Synergy 69's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335I MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 488
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
I was in d/s mode, click once to turn on DTC, m1 on takeoff and let the car shift at redline and would manually shift 3/4 at 6800 or so to try and get a better mph but never found that 105 I was looking for. Personally I love the step transmission which allows you to adjust your shift points and then D when just crusin. We also do the "Texas Mile" got up to 150mph or so which was a new experience.
did you hit your speed limiter @ the TX mile?

What was the optimal rpm you launched at HRP?

and where did you get the 93 octane?

Cheers!
Synergy 69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST