E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Fall of the Republic

10-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

The Fall of the Republic

Hey guys...

Have you seen this video entitled "The Fall of the Republic."

Extremely scary stuff.

Its a bit long...but if you guys have seen it, what do you think?
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
lkw15
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
2015 M3  [5.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [4.67]
2013 BMW X5 35i Pre ...  [5.00]
Wow, that is long.

After watching the first ten minutes, you can pretty much see where this is going. As a matter of general preference, I don't like people trying to scare me with these end of the world type arguments (ie, Al Gore-the world is going to end unless we address climate change; Pat Buchannan - the world is heading towards global governance and a new world order, etc. unless Barack Obama isn't reelected).

To me, the fundamental difference between the philosphical underpinnings of a Republican or Democrat boils down to the (somewhat) simple belief in the motiviations of human behavior and human nature. In my oversimplified opinion, you don't have to look any further than Locke versus Hobbs. (Of course, you can cite some pretty glaring examples of inconsistency like the death penalty, abortion, gay marriage, etc).

Do I think Barack Obama hates America and wants us to enter this 'new world order' with a single currency and single global government? No. Do I think he has some secret pact with the banks and/or a select group of American elitists to preserve their power? Nah. What I do believe is that Barack Obama is an American politician with a belief system that is clearly progressive in its stance. He is going to try all that he can to be a 'successful' president by historical measures, and make some substantive reforms and others that will just seem substantive for political posturing.
Appreciate 0