E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cyba 4" tips not fitting?

10-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Jon335iFL
Brigadier General

Drives: This----------->

Cyba 4" tips not fitting?

iam trying to have the guys that did my muffler delete to weld my tips on but when we tryed to put the tips around the pipe it didnt fit ....so i told him just to weld the pipes together without overlapping one another and he said that if he does that the tips will burn holes through it and not weld??????? does anyone have advice here?

i thing the exhaust is 2.50 " and the inner part of the tips are 2.25" they just barley as big.

10-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General

Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
iam trying to have the guys that did my muffler delete to weld my tips on but when we tryed to put the tips around the pipe it didnt fit ....so i told him just to weld the pipes together without overlapping one another and he said that if he does that the tips will burn holes through it and not weld??????? does anyone have advice here?

i thing the exhaust is 2.50 " and the inner part of the tips are 2.25" they just barley as big.

thats a quarter inch bro, only thing i can suggest is getting an exhaust pipe stetcher and stretch the tips, or buy adapters to connect the two, but then you are gonna have to cut your exhaust back more to make up for the room from the adapters
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
      10-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 335Cic, 2011 X5 35i

They are made to but weld to the existing tailpipe after being cut which is the same diameter, if you are attempting to weld to a custom pipe of a different size, then you will need to stretch the tip or shrink the pipe you are welding onto - any good muffler shop whould be able to do either then weld it on for you.

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1
roadkillrob is offline   United_States
      10-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Jon335iFL
Brigadier General

Drives: This----------->

thats what i was thinking if they could stretch the exhaust pipes it will make the diameter smaller and i will be able to slide the tip over the pipes.....but from what i heard the pipe is supposed to be the same size as the tips.