E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Bay Area - Sonnen vs. Peter Pan

11-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
August W.

Drives: 335 coupe

Bay Area - Sonnen vs. Peter Pan

Can anyone around SF provide a review of Sonnen BMW or Peter Pan BMW. My last experience with BMW SF was not great (they just way overcharge for everything), so I am looking for a new dealer and have narrowed it down to these two. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      11-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Sia Bani
Private First Class

Drives: '09 335i Msport-'05 Rubicon

Send a message via ICQ to Sia Bani Send a message via AIM to Sia Bani Send a message via MSN to Sia Bani Send a message via Yahoo to Sia Bani Send a message via Skype™ to Sia Bani
I have a great service adviser at Peter Pan, but I don't recommend their sales. I got my new 335 from a broker that actually went through sonnen to source it, but that's all I know about sonnen at this point.
      11-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
am_ver
Lieutenant

Drives: Audi A6

I went to Peter Pan A LOT for m e93 - from what I understood they typically didn't give a loaner to customer if you didn't purchase a car from them. My SA's name was John Eggling, I wasn't very happy with him - got the 'could not reproduce problem' way too many times and the third time in, they'd fix it (why not fix it the first time I brought it in). Oh and one time they put a HUGE nasty scratch on the rear quarter panel.

I have not been to sonnen so cannot say anything about them. Peter Pan has moved their service dept from San Mateo to Burlingame - you can see them from 101 (west side) just south of the airport. Hopefully the new location would help them diagnose problems faster.

2008 e93 335i, 6sp MT, Montego Blue, Saddle, Burl, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC, V1+CD
2007 e92 335i coupe, 6sp MT, Montego, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006 e90 325i, ZPP, iDrive, Arctic, Xenon
am_ver is offline   United_States
      11-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
c_jeong89
Banned

Drives: E90 TiAg

Before I moved down to socal, I always went to Peter Pan and always had good service. My SA's name was Kenny Lew and he was a cool guy. Sucks that after I moved down here they opened a new service center that was less than 5 min away from me.
c_jeong89 is offline   United_States
      11-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
Sebastian_e90
SFGI4NT

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2007 328i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by August W. View Post
Can anyone around SF provide a review of Sonnen BMW or Peter Pan BMW. My last experience with BMW SF was not great (they just way overcharge for everything), so I am looking for a new dealer and have narrowed it down to these two. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Every dealer is going to overcharge for everything. I personally go to Peter Pan, but only because it's so damn close to me. They are nothing special, but you're really not going to be to be too impressed with any service from any bmw, that's just the way the system's set-up.

I don't know where you're located, but I hear East Bay is the best in the area quite a few times. I've only been there for maybe two hours, so I can't say. But they did let me test drive a car by just handing me the keys and saying go have fun. So that was cool.
      11-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
demosthenes
Major

Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
I bought my car at Sonnen almost 2 years ago. Everyone has been courteous, professional and knowledgeable. The service department is the best I've run across. The service manager and advisors seem to understand enthusiasts and want to please. I'm very happy with Sonnen.
demosthenes is offline   United_States
      11-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
Jimboneze

Drives: 08 328i sedan

My purchase 2 years ago was at Sonnen and they were way more friendlier than Peter Pan BMW. Friendlier in negotiation in the price of the car too!
      11-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
byoung8
Legendary

Drives: 2007 335i E90 TiAg

I might be going to take a visit to Peter Pan for this:
07 335i

I hope my experience with them goes well and I'll be able to negotiate 10% less
byoung8 is offline   United_States