E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP! No one can find the part# I need to reinstall my headlight!

03-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
bruning6
Private First Class

Drives: 08 135i, 09 335i LCI

HELP! No one can find the part# I need to reinstall my headlight!

I need help. I am pulling my hair out from hours of searching.
I went off the road in my car, when towing it out my headlight was broken - the LF outer headlight "cup" bracket is missing so I need to order one but check this out
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...58&hg=51&fg=75
when myself or my local dealer looks up my car by vin on their ETK or myself on Realoem the part I need is #2 & #3 on the breakdown that looks like a cup and its mount but there is no description or PN listed and at the dealer their photo doesnt even show it any longer they keep sending the other part (#4). I have looked at older and newer build dates as well as other models and cant find a model that doesnt skip from 1 to 4 on the breakdown.... this piece is all that is stopping my car from being finished at the bodyshop!! Please help. Thank you in advance. Also I could take the passenger side one out but the screw is from the back so I will need to remove the fender liner or more to access the part to get the PN off it. Blah
thanks again for your time.
      03-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
bruning6
Private First Class

welp - I found it - 2 hours of searching! then I asked you guys for help then I googled it differently and found it on a e90 M3 and coupe only on this website and then crossed it on realoem and sure enough - same dang breakdown but they included the part number.... ridiculous. I swear to god my car has this - ill take a picture of the one on the other side.
http://mfans2.com/parts/catalog/E90N...t_arm_bracket/
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=75&hl=11
      03-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
SeanE92
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 AW 335i

damn, bmwfans dot info is also a good website for stuff like this.

Let me know if you need any help sourcing the parts though, I have a couple friends at the dealer.
BMS JB4 G5 + DP + Cowl + OCC - VRSF 7" FMIC - M3 Front Arms + Adjustable Rear Arms + Subframe bushings - BBS RS-GT - OMP Design 2 Seats - ST Coils - UUC SSK + DSSR + ZHP - AFE Intake- UR - LUX V4 - H&R 28mm/23mm Sways- M3 Front + Fog Projectors - Custom Exhaust - Hamman Diffuser w/quad tips
SeanE92 is offline   United_States
      03-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
bruning6
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE92 View Post
damn, bmwfans dot info is also a good website for stuff like this.

Let me know if you need any help sourcing the parts though, I have a couple friends at the dealer.
thank you
      03-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
Augster
Master Gunner

Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
Yea, RealOEM (and by extension, ETK I assume) is not always accurate and comprehensive. Sometimes a part that should be listed for a specific model/chassis is not and the only way to get the part number is dig under a different model/chassis, as you have undoubtedly discovered (M3 vs 335xi).