E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Obowma does it again! Bows to the Japanese

11-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #45
jeremyc74
Banned

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
What happens because of this? Nothing.

Why do people find it a big deal? Because people are stupid and care more about issues that require no thought to complain about.

The people who make a big deal out of this are on the same intelligence level as those who made a big deal (both positive and negative) about him wielding a lightsaber, killing a fly out of mid-air during an interview, and giving numerous "pound-its" to people.

It basically equates to people who watch E! nightly and think that the "stories" matter.

It's sad, really, as to what America has turned into. I'm glad that you recognize this, too. I've never seen this country more divided in my lifetime. At least with Bush most people were on the consensus that he sucks and most could agree with that wherever you went.
It is sad. There are the same kind of PETTY bastards that keep repeating his middle name OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if it should be shocking, or meaningful.

My last name's German, and my middle name's English. I guess that means I should be a Catholic Nazi, or something equally as silly.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
      11-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #46
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
Appearances in politics are everything.when some radicals in middle east or elsewhere see this picture,they would equate that to weakness.so the president needs to constantly be aware of his actions,because internationally
everything he does or says is digested differently than in U.S.
So do you think the US is now at a higher risk of being attacked because of this?

11-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #47
335fourdoor
Captain

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
So do you think the US is now at a higher risk of being attacked because of this?
took you awhile to come up with that? as an obvious obama peon who is still into the change we can believe in, i'll let you answer your question.
      11-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #48
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
took you awhile to come up with that? as an obvious obama peon who is still into the change we can believe in, i'll let you answer your question.
2 hours is a long time? Sorry I have other things to do than keep my eyes peeled on the politics forum

I just asked a simple question, you (like many others) seem to just dodge it. It seems like if this were such a big deal, an answer wouldn't be that hard to muster up..

11-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #49
addy85
Got beef?

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
gayest thread ever.

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
      11-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #50
mpimping
Banned

Drives: gti

It doesn't change anything. I think bush threw up on a russian but not sure. Its a sign of respect and that's how things are done afaik in asia.
mpimping is offline   South Korea
      11-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #51
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
We are a nation at war. It sure is not helpful when our commander in chief is perceived by our enemies (and allies) as weak and indecisive. Bowing to a foreign leader makes him look weak. Failing to decide whether to give his ground commander the reinforcements he has asked for makes him look indecisive. Not a good combination for a wartime leader.
      11-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #52
shpirate87
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
It doesn't change anything. I think bush threw up on a russian but not sure. Its a sign of respect and that's how things are done afaik in asia.
So you are saying the presidents of Russia, Kazakhstan, and South Korea along with the Prime Minister of India don't know how things are done in Asia??
      11-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #53
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
gayest thread ever.
More like whiniest bitchiest thread ever.

Shpirate87, having Obama be president must really be eating you up inside. Bummer the next 3, possibly 7 years, are going to be so hard for you. You might want to consider alcohol or drugs as a way out.
      11-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #54
EDK99
Captain

Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
We are a nation at war. It sure is not helpful when our commander in chief is perceived by our enemies (and allies) as weak and indecisive. Bowing to a foreign leader makes him look weak. Failing to decide whether to give his ground commander the reinforcements he has asked for makes him look indecisive. Not a good combination for a wartime leader.
A Nation at war? LOL!! Are you sure we are at war?
According to Obama I don't think he thinks we are...
* War on terror is now called an "over seas contingency"
* Terrorist acts are called "Man caused disasters"
* Ft Hood massacre is being down played from a terrorist act to just a crazy person who went off. BTW this is the first terrorist act in the US since 9/11.
* Khalid Sheikh Mohammed a war criminal is being tried in Federal court and entitled to a presumption of innocence and all of the constitutional protections of a U.S. citizen.
*Obama scrapped the missile defense shield program in Eastern Europe.

I guess I can go on but I'm starting to get ill think of it.
      11-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
jeremyc74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You might want to consider alcohol or drugs as a way out.

Or a gun.
      11-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #56
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I ask my "commander in chief" for WAY more funding than I get to "do battle" with the forces that disrupt our computing network. But he comes back and wants a rational explanation of the cost/benefit. If I don't get it to him the first time, he sends me back until he is certain I'm not blowing smoke and he understands what is really needed.

Our enemies around the world may actuall think they have to deal with a diplomat, even if he did screw up on the actual performance of the bow.

Best regards,
Wede
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      11-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #57
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
......but does that mean the United States, the nation that Obama represents, is more likely to be attacked because he bowed?

11-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #58
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
......but does that mean the United States, the nation that Obama represents, is more likely to be attacked because he bowed?
I personally don't think so, but I'm no expert.

I'm just sick and tired of having such idiots represent us worldwide. I mean, our culture and societal norms are mostly what gets us all laughed at abroad, but it doesn't help when we put figureheads in office that represent us poorly. I was hoping after Bush was out of office that we would finally get someone who I wasn't embarrassed by. Unfortunately, that did not happen.
      11-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #59
shpirate87
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Or a gun.
Are you suggesting I kill myself? Hmmm, I wonder how the mods will take that?

I love it when Obama's disciples are presented with proof of their Annointed One's mere humanity and they are left with nothing but ad hom attacks on those who dare to say their emperor has no clothes.
      11-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #60
shpirate87
Captain

Quote:
Is that the new standard for presidential behavior? It doesn't matter what he does as long as it cannot be directly said to cause us to be attacked?
      11-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #61
jeremyc74
Banned

Quote:
Are you suggesting I kill myself? Hmmm, I wonder how the mods will take that?

I love it when Obama's disciples are presented with proof of their Annointed One's mere humanity and they are left with nothing but ad hom attacks on those who dare to say their emperor has no clothes.
The gun comment was obviously a joke about how hard you're taking all this, and if your whiney ass can't take it, GTFO.

I'm not an Obama disciple in any way, shape, or form. I voted Republican for decades, right up until they fell asleep at the wheel and ran the country into the ground. The lame attempts at mud slinging that are generally used by anti-Obama people piss me off. I know stupidity when I see it, and that's what this thread is.

You don't have a solution to our problems, you just want to sit back and throw stones at anyone who's making an effort to fix them because they're not on the team you were rooting for in the last big election. It's petty, and people like you are a lot of what's wrong with this country today. Your ideas didn't get the popular support, so now your just going to sit back like a child and take shots at the people who did.

As I said earlier, it's petty, and it's pathetic, just like you wanting the mods to get involved because I made a joke in my previous post.
      11-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #62
jeremyc74
Banned

Quote:
So you are saying the presidents of Russia, Kazakhstan, and South Korea along with the Prime Minister of India don't know how things are done in Asia??

No, we're saying that they're not fighting a worldwide perception of complete arrogance, and didn't need to appear a little more humble than usual.
      11-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #63
RambleJ
Colonel

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
More like whiniest bitchiest thread ever.

Shpirate87, having Obama be president must really be eating you up inside. Bummer the next 3, possibly 7 years, are going to be so hard for you. You might want to consider alcohol or drugs as a way out.
The next 3 will be the longest he will go. Most of the people on the Obama bandwagon are starting to wake up and see that they were sold on his speeches and now the fact that those speeches are not being followed by any actions, instead being followed up with numerous vacations with the family.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
      11-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #64
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
The next 3 will be the longest he will go. Most of the people on the Obama bandwagon are starting to wake up and see that they were sold on his speeches and now the fact that those speeches are not being followed by any actions, instead being followed up with numerous vacations with the family.
What I'm trying to figure out is how so many people listened to his speeches and we're stupid enough to think, "ok yeah, that's possible". He won because it turned into a popularity contest, and now we're seeing what effect that has on the country. Unfortunately, the American voter is becoming more and more distanced from reality or real political issues, so - more likely than not - this is going to become more common in future elections.

What pisses me off the most were all these celebrities who decided to get involved by supporting Obama instead of his platform. None of them knew shit about politics, but they sure got out there and made their voices heard. And the MTV generation listened.
      11-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #65
jeremyc74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
What I'm trying to figure out is how so many people listened to his speeches and we're stupid enough to think, "ok yeah, that's possible". He won because it turned into a popularity contest, and now we're seeing what effect that has on the country. Unfortunately, the American voter is becoming more and more distanced from reality or real political issues, so - more likely than not - this is going to become more common in future elections.

What pisses me off the most were all these celebrities who decided to get involved by supporting Obama instead of his platform. None of them knew shit about politics, but they sure got out there and made their voices heard. And the MTV generation listened.

He won largely because the republicans put up a lame duck. I liked McCain, but Palin?! Choosing her was a total attempt at the popularity contest, and with no substance whatsoever, and it completely turned off many independent voters like myself.

The Republican party has lost its way, and my vote until they stop trying to shove Chrsitianity down everyone's throat through legislation, and start actually BEING conservative with our money instead of what was going on for the last eight years.
      11-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #66
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
He won largely because the republicans put up a lame duck. I liked McCain, but Palin?! Choosing her was a total attempt at the popularity contest, and with no substance whatsoever, and it completely turned off many independent voters like myself.

The Republican party has lost its way, and my vote until they stop trying to shove Chrsitianity down everyone's throat through legislation, and start actually BEING conservative with our money instead of what was going on for the last eight years.
Yeah playing into the popularity contest was a mistake IMO. Really threw a wrench in the works for people like you and me, who don't fly a banner over our heads and wanted to vote for the best candidate.

Truth is, we are damned to this bullshit until we get a substantial third party involved; as long as politics stay so strictly bi-partisan, we are screwed. And I don't see that ever happening, so I'm just along for this shitty ride.