E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Obowma does it again! Bows to the Japanese

11-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #67
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Truth is, we are damned to this bullshit until we get a substantial third party involved; as long as politics stay so strictly bi-partisan, we are screwed. And I don't see that ever happening, so I'm just along for this shitty ride.

I'm afraid you're right....I mean, left...er....correct!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #68
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
He won largely because the republicans put up a lame duck. I liked McCain, but Palin?! Choosing her was a total attempt at the popularity contest, and with no substance whatsoever, and it completely turned off many independent voters like myself.
The problem with that mentality is that you are voting for a President and not a vice president. Yes a vice president is important but but did it really matter who Obama picked? The only thing I hear of Biden lately is his motorcade getting in accidents and running people over. Obama could of picked Palin as a VP and the people of Hope and Change would of still voted for him.
      11-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #69
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
The problem with that mentality is that you are voting for a President and not a vice president. Yes a vice president is important but but did it really matter who Obama picked? The only thing I hear of Biden lately is his motorcade getting in accidents and running people over. Obama could of picked Palin as a VP and the people of Hope and Change would of still voted for him.
Yeah but I think a lot of people were satisfied with McCain's platform sticking to politics. Obama's campaign was the circus. By choosing Palin, it really made me wonder how seriously McCain was sticking to his guns, and if he was willing to compromise his integrity and career to participate in the circus, how serious was he really? I would have liked it if he would have done his best not to get sucked into the shenanigans, but oh well....
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #70
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
The gun comment was obviously a joke about how hard you're taking all this, and if your whiney ass can't take it, GTFO.

I'm not an Obama disciple in any way, shape, or form. I voted Republican for decades, right up until they fell asleep at the wheel and ran the country into the ground. The lame attempts at mud slinging that are generally used by anti-Obama people piss me off. I know stupidity when I see it, and that's what this thread is.

You don't have a solution to our problems, you just want to sit back and throw stones at anyone who's making an effort to fix them because they're not on the team you were rooting for in the last big election. It's petty, and people like you are a lot of what's wrong with this country today. Your ideas didn't get the popular support, so now your just going to sit back like a child and take shots at the people who did.

As I said earlier, it's petty, and it's pathetic, just like you wanting the mods to get involved because I made a joke in my previous post.
tell me , if the elections were held today would obama still get 52% of the vote? that's the measure of his effectiveness. i personally thinks less than 40%.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #71
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
He won largely because the republicans put up a lame duck. I liked McCain, but Palin?! Choosing her was a total attempt at the popularity contest, and with no substance whatsoever, and it completely turned off many independent voters like myself.

The Republican party has lost its way, and my vote until they stop trying to shove Chrsitianity down everyone's throat through legislation, and start actually BEING conservative with our money instead of what was going on for the last eight years.
good point.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #72
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
tell me , if the elections were held today would obama still get 52% of the vote? that's the measure of his effectiveness. i personally thinks less than 40%.
Against whom though? If it's McCain/Palin again, forget about it. They've totally undermined each other and themselves since the election.

John Voight for President!

Just kidding. I would, however, like someone in office who is less apt to embarrass the United States so often.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #73
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
Honestly, probably not. But I'd be willing to bet that would be the case with ANYONE who had been put into office in this situation.

He was handed a tough hand to play. He's dealing with an economic crisis he didn't create, and the unemployment and public backlash that come with it, a health care system that's completely broken with no clear fix in sight, two wars that are basically unwinable that he didn't start, two nuclear wannabe nations that are boardline terrorist states, and an international community that has very little respect or desire to help us because we've been telling them to fuck off for the last eight years.

Overall, I'd say the man's doing a pretty decent job, given what he's got to work with, and if you can't admit that, you're not being realistic.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #74
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

People of Hope and Change would have voted for him, but I wouldn't have, and it's people like me that put him in office.

Palin mattered more than most VPs simply because of McCain's age. The chances of her having to step up were higher than most, and the thoughts of her running this country scares the hell out of me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #75
shpirate87
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
The gun comment was obviously a joke about how hard you're taking all this, and if your whiney ass can't take it, GTFO.

I'm not an Obama disciple in any way, shape, or form. I voted Republican for decades, right up until they fell asleep at the wheel and ran the country into the ground. The lame attempts at mud slinging that are generally used by anti-Obama people piss me off. I know stupidity when I see it, and that's what this thread is.

You don't have a solution to our problems, you just want to sit back and throw stones at anyone who's making an effort to fix them because they're not on the team you were rooting for in the last big election. It's petty, and people like you are a lot of what's wrong with this country today. Your ideas didn't get the popular support, so now your just going to sit back like a child and take shots at the people who did.

As I said earlier, it's petty, and it's pathetic, just like you wanting the mods to get involved because I made a joke in my previous post.
Oh! I get it, a joke. Boy, suicide is funny. I'm surprised there is not more suicide humor out there, aren't you?

For the record I have no doubt that you can recognize stupidity you see it given the frequency with which you see it when you shave. (See that is a joke.)

What is stupid is for you to assume that you have a clue in the world about what I do or don't do to try to solve problems. What is wrong with this country is idiots who bought the Hope and Change crap without looking past the slick sales presentation. You mock Sarah Palin (a Vice Presidential candidate) but voted for Barack Obama for President. Which of his vast array of qualifications and experiences sealed the deal for you? Was it his impressive legislative record? His years of successful executive service? The sad part is that none of his screw ups, whether giving the Queen an iPod, wasting $700 Billion on a failed 'stimulus' program, refusing to give his commander in the field the resources he needs, or trying to jam nationalized health care down the people's throat is at all surprising to those who, unlike you, went deeper than the hope for change. If you really want to know what is wrong with this country, it is staring back at you in the mirror.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #76
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90

Quote:
A Nation at war? LOL!! Are you sure we are at war?
According to Obama I don't think he thinks we are...
* War on terror is now called an "over seas contingency"
* Terrorist acts are called "Man caused disasters"
* Ft Hood massacre is being down played from a terrorist act to just a crazy person who went off. BTW this is the first terrorist act in the US since 9/11.
* Khalid Sheikh Mohammed a war criminal is being tried in Federal court and entitled to a presumption of innocence and all of the constitutional protections of a U.S. citizen.
*Obama scrapped the missile defense shield program in Eastern Europe.

I guess I can go on but I'm starting to get ill think of it.
1. Which is what it is.

2. Yes, Nature isnt responsible for them.

3. We dont know if the guy had any association with terrorists. Since he spent more than 10 years in that institution, i would wager that there were more things bothering him than his faith.

4. You dont need to be a U.S citizen to be tried in a Federal Court. The rights it affords apply to everybody.

5. Why do we need it?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #77
Scimitar335i
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i

This thread is stupid.
      11-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #78
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:
Honestly, probably not. But I'd be willing to bet that would be the case with ANYONE who had been put into office in this situation.

He was handed a tough hand to play. He's dealing with an economic crisis he didn't create, and the unemployment and public backlash that come with it, a health care system that's completely broken with no clear fix in sight, two wars that are basically unwinable that he didn't start, two nuclear wannabe nations that are boardline terrorist states, and an international community that has very little respect or desire to help us because we've been telling them to fuck off for the last eight years.

Overall, I'd say the man's doing a pretty decent job, given what he's got to work with, and if you can't admit that, you're not being realistic.
Obama isnt perfect but I feel the same way. I would need a serious outlet of some sort. I'm more of an independent voter as I voted for Bush once. It's all too easy for us to be "arm chair Presidents."
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #79
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
You mock Sarah Palin (a Vice Presidential candidate) but voted for Barack Obama for President. Which of his vast array of qualifications and experiences sealed the deal for you?

His ability to make a clear and reasonable assesment of a situation, and offer a clear and reasonble way to attempt to fairly deal with it. Our government has been lacking in common sense for a while now, and as far as I'm concerned, he brings a welcome dose.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #80
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
His ability to make a clear and reasonable assesment of a situation, and offer a clear and reasonble way to attempt to fairly deal with it. Our government has been lacking in common sense for a while now, and as far as I'm concerned, he brings a welcome dose.
Eh, it still is and always will be. I think we need to start building our governmental common sense by having our congress actually read bills that are going through it. This laziness is ridiculous. But that's off-topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #81
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
again,

gayest thread ever.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #82
shpirate87
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
What situation did he make a "clear and reasonable assessment" of? Was it the surge in Iraq for which he said, ""I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq are going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse."? Or maybe it was the stimulus bill which he told us would keep unemployment below 8%?

Which problem has he offered "a clear and reasonble way to attempt to fairly deal with"? He has refused to draft any actual legislative language for any of the solutions he claims to propose. The idea of actually getting his fingerprints on any actual plan is something that is obviously anathema to him.

Admit it, you were seduced by the Hope and Change snake oil salesman.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #83
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
What situation did he make a "clear and reasonable assessment" of? Was it the surge in Iraq for which he said, ""I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq are going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse."? Or maybe it was the stimulus bill which he told us would keep unemployment below 8%?

Which problem has he offered "a clear and reasonble way to attempt to fairly deal with"? He has refused to draft any actual legislative language for any of the solutions he claims to propose. The idea of actually getting his fingerprints on any actual plan is something that is obviously anathema to him.

Admit it, you were seduced by the Hope and Change snake oil salesman.
You're going off topic, I agree with you that Obama is shit for a president but making a huge deal about him bowing to a Japanese person is down right stupid. I know that and you know that, it's like the hand shake of asia for crying out loud. Picking on political promises made by Obama that weren't done is one thing, but nitpicking on stupid shit like this makes me want to slap some people

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #84
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
You're going off topic, I agree with you that Obama is shit for a president but making a huge deal about him bowing to a Japanese person is down right stupid. I know that and you know that, it's like the hand shake of asia for crying out loud. Picking on political promises made by Obama that weren't done is one thing, but nitpicking on stupid shit like this makes me want to slap some people
The problem is your thinking about yourself bowing to the Japanese president. When people have the power to make decisions that affect 270+ million people then their every action is important. Just like it was for Bush and any other Republican/Democratic president in the past/future. Obama is more than just an average guy, you need to stop thinking about him as a potential drinking buddy, and think of him as a figurehead/symbol. He stands for something as does any/every president..

The US has been viewed as a 'superpower' for many decades now (with hopes of continuing to be a superpower for many more). However, when its most important leader starts to give in, or soften up to (want dialogue w/ Iran...) or in this case bowing to various people, it gives me the impression he's simply trying to give in to everything we have fought to protect.

The problem with this generation (I have noticed) is that many of you are more than willing to give up freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution (bill of rights) that so many died to protect or grant us today. You have this twisted mentality 'I have nothing to hide, let the NSA monitor my calls'. 'I dont need guns, let the government come and confiscate them'. Unfortunately, every government that has gone down this path resorted to a dictatorship of some sort. Your first reaction is 'No way that'll happen in the US' (we have checks & balances etc etc...)

The next 3 years and if he's reelected the next 7 will determine the overall shape of the US in the next century IMHO (financially, economically, militarily...) And if things don't go too well, I guess we can just "blame the black dude?'

I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means, but as my history professor from undergrad a decade ago used to say "History always repeats itself..."
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #85
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
The problem is your thinking about yourself bowing to the Japanese president. When people have the power to make decisions that affect 270+ million people then their every action is important. Just like it was for Bush and any other Republican/Democratic president in the past/future. Obama is more than just an average guy, you need to stop thinking about him as a potential drinking buddy, and think of him as a figurehead/symbol. He stands for something as does any/every president..

The US has been viewed as a 'superpower' for many decades now (with hopes of continuing to be a superpower for many more). However, when its most important leader starts to give in, or soften up to (want dialogue w/ Iran...) or in this case bowing to various people, it gives me the impression he's simply trying to give in to everything we have fought to protect.

The problem with this generation (I have noticed) is that many of you are more than willing to give up freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution (bill of rights) that so many died to protect or grant us today. You have this twisted mentality 'I have nothing to hide, let the NSA monitor my calls'. 'I dont need guns, let the government come and confiscate them'. Unfortunately, every government that has gone down this path resorted to a dictatorship of some sort. Your first reaction is 'No way that'll happen in the US' (we have checks & balances etc etc...)

The next 3 years and if he's reelected the next 7 will determine the overall shape of the US in the next century IMHO (financially, economically, militarily...) And if things don't go too well, I guess we can just "blame the black dude?'

I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means, but as my history professor from undergrad a decade ago used to say "History always repeats itself..."
Can you explain to me why race had to be interjected in this. I'm curious. If it were George Bush, would you have said "white dude?" A lot of what you said makes perfect sense. It's just that bit that got me thinking.
      11-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #86
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Can you explain to me why race had to be interjected in this. I'm curious. If it were George Bush, would you have said "white dude?" A lot of what you said makes perfect sense. It's just that bit that got me thinking.

More or less people will use Obama as the scapegoat, or will be quick to put race as the reason he failed believe it or not thats my opinion. It's almost as if your on a sinking ship, you grab a blind man and throw him at the controls only for the ship to hit a rock and sink anyways....

Well it makes you feel a lot better now that a blind man ran the ship aground, unfortunately people don't realize the ship was already sinking before he took control... if that makes any sense
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #87
HapaVibe
Private
South Korea
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
It is sad. There are the same kind of PETTY bastards that keep repeating his middle name OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if it should be shocking, or meaningful.

My last name's German, and my middle name's English. I guess that means I should be a Catholic Nazi, or something equally as silly.
The English name would make you an Anglican Nazi. It's no wonder you have worthless opinions, you have no historical perspective, no knowledge base from which to build a sensible opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #88
MrRoboto
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaVibe View Post
The English name would make you an Anglican Nazi. It's no wonder you have worthless opinions, you have no historical perspective, no knowledge base from which to build a sensible opinion.
You do realize not all Germans were Nazis, nor are all english Anglican although it is dominant.
Appreciate 0