E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Where Is The Audi RS5?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #45
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

the part of saying the new S4 has no personality was written by "mtla4", "dr325i" just tried to remind him what he wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiprotein View Post
Please tell me that your key factor when buying a new car is NOT how awesome "the engine sounds"...





i just dont get this part?
lets go back to b6/b7 platform... what was the difference between a4 and s4?
the ENGINE! then of course brakes/suspension. Transmission. Interior and exterior parts.
Well same here with the new b8.
b5 s4 2.7t shares the same engine with a a6 2.7t.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #46
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiprotein View Post
Please tell me that your key factor when buying a new car is NOT how awesome "the engine sounds"...





i just dont get this part?
lets go back to b6/b7 platform... what was the difference between a4 and s4?
the ENGINE! then of course brakes/suspension. Transmission. Interior and exterior parts.
Well same here with the new b8.
b5 s4 2.7t shares the same engine with a a6 2.7t.
Now, re-read my post and one above and maybe you will get the idea what I was saying...

The parts you picked out are quotes of another poster...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #47
audiprotein
Lieutenant
 
audiprotein's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi a4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago Burbsss

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

hahah i knew there was something behind it ))
sorry, i was very sleepy typing that and i misread it
__________________
L.E.T.S. G.O. H.A.W.K.S.
audiprotein is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #48
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,446
iTrader: (0)

Well i figured i'd chime in.
As you can see in my Sig i currently just picked up a 2010 S5 Cabriolet with the new 3.0T engine.
My previous car was a 08 E93 M3 and before that i had a E92 335.
I'm not a Bmw fanboy or a Audi fanboy. I like cars, period.
This is my first Audi and i have to say it's spectacular.
I'm so impressed by this thing it's crazy... Coming from a E93 M3 i was a little worried but i have to tell you guys that it's not that far off performance wise.
Listen there's no doubt that the M3 sounds sublime and that i'll never get that sound out of my new Supercharged 3.0 engine but man does it have it's advantages over the M3 and the 335 i owned.
First off and most importantly for me , Interior Interior Interior!!
It's just in a different league. And i mean everything on the inside. From the tech to the leather to the sublime B&O sound system etc.
Secondly Quattro! Now this is the reason i initially got rid of my M.
I just couldn't handle driving a 414hp RWD beast in Montreal winters.
Well to date i have to say i'm truly amazed with Quattro. The car handles like a train on rails ( might also have to do with the fact that i got the Audi Drive Select package that includes the Audi Sport Diff ).
I will always have love in my heart for Bmw's but unless they step it up a notch on certain things i don't see myself leaving Audi for a while.
The M3 was slightly faster and handled slightly better. It sounded much better...
But these are things i gave away to be pampered in the S5 Cab.
Now when and if the RS5 comes out i'll be all over it!!!
All wheel drive in a "supercar" . Couldn't ask for anything better...
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #49
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,007
iTrader: (3)

Glad you like it YouYou, any chance you could get some pics up for us to see? I've lived in Montreal for a couple of years and I must agree, Montreal winters NEEDS AWD or 4WD. Old man winter hates Canada but particularly in Quebec and the Praries.....
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (2)

My point was that the older S4 were aimed at m3's
The B6-B7 S4 were 1K more expensive then the E46 M3 had same hp figures and a tad slower.

The B5 was going against the E36 M3 240 hp vs 250 similar performance.

The new S4-S5 from Audi are aimed at regular Bimmers like the 335 etc(since the 3.2 is gone)Not a big lost there

The RS are in an other league...but they charge over 100K canadian for these cars...while the ///M are 30K cheaper

I love Audi but at that point I'd wait for a CPO RS5....or Even CPO B7 RS4

As much as I like Audi it doesnt make sense buying a new one in Canada(well it's getting better with the new S4)
I would never pay 67K plus 13% taxes for an S5 when I can buy an E90 for 69K plus 13% taxes
The base S4 starts at 53K while the old B7 was 73K last year plus taxes
C63 is 63K+tx 335I is 49K+tx
The new S4 is priced exactly like the old 3.2 A4 which was overpriced. So now the S4 makes sense more sense then before.
The only problem is the S5 that is 15K more expensive then the E92 335....that worries me in terms of the RS5 pricing in Canada....it will be more then 100K
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
mtla4 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #51
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiprotein View Post
Please tell me that your key factor when buying a new car is NOT how awesome "the engine sounds"...
Honestly yes. I'm a car lover. Before we all drive silent hybrids let me enjoy some nice exhaust notes. My BT A4 was faster, turned quicker and braked better then an S4 but I would have taken the S4 over my car...
Same goes for my 135. I'm faster then an M3 but I'll take the high reving N/A S65 anyday over my car. Not only for the engine note but I like peaky engines that have to work to get some power out of. (The RS4 fits that mold and Hopefully the new RS5). I just think that ///M cars and RS should be have high reving N/A engines.

Dr325I: Yes I've driven the S4 two days after it arrived at the dealership.I had I hopes for that car because I wanted to replace my 135I with it in order to go back to the Audi camp. I wasn't that impressed with the car (it is still a good vehicle). The car that I drove had the DSG gearbox.

If Audi could the stick the TT-RS engine in their S4-S5 I would be happy.(I know it's F/I)but still...it really sounds like the old C4 S4 or UR Q.

__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 12-02-2009 at 02:28 AM.
mtla4 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #52
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Well i figured i'd chime in.
As you can see in my Sig i currently just picked up a 2010 S5 Cabriolet with the new 3.0T engine.
My previous car was a 08 E93 M3 and before that i had a E92 335.
I'm not a Bmw fanboy or a Audi fanboy. I like cars, period.
This is my first Audi and i have to say it's spectacular.
I'm so impressed by this thing it's crazy... Coming from a E93 M3 i was a little worried but i have to tell you guys that it's not that far off performance wise.
Listen there's no doubt that the M3 sounds sublime and that i'll never get that sound out of my new Supercharged 3.0 engine but man does it have it's advantages over the M3 and the 335 i owned.
First off and most importantly for me , Interior Interior Interior!!
It's just in a different league. And i mean everything on the inside. From the tech to the leather to the sublime B&O sound system etc.
Secondly Quattro! Now this is the reason i initially got rid of my M.
I just couldn't handle driving a 414hp RWD beast in Montreal winters.
Well to date i have to say i'm truly amazed with Quattro. The car handles like a train on rails ( might also have to do with the fact that i got the Audi Drive Select package that includes the Audi Sport Diff ).
I will always have love in my heart for Bmw's but unless they step it up a notch on certain things i don't see myself leaving Audi for a while.
The M3 was slightly faster and handled slightly better. It sounded much better...
But these are things i gave away to be pampered in the S5 Cab.
Now when and if the RS5 comes out i'll be all over it!!!
All wheel drive in a "supercar" . Couldn't ask for anything better...
A very good description of what the difference is like. I drove the S4 equivalent and to be honest the difference in performance was marginal until you open all the taps on the M3 and even then the difference isn't that vast. Handling is a difficult one to compare because each car behaves totally differently to the other, best way to describe it is to say that both cars can corner at similar speeds but that the M3 offers the driver more info of what the car is actually doing at the time.

I totally agree about the interior, it's miles better than the M3 but I have to say that after examining the 5GT I was very impressed with the direction BMW are now going and it appears to be as good as what Audi are offering.

P.S.

Oh and it's refreshing to hear that not everyone on these forums are afraid to admit that a powerful rwd car is a handful on anything remotely slippery (especially so in the winter) and that an awd car is the better option.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #53
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
If Audi could the stick the TT-RS engine in their S4-S5 I would be happy.(I know it's F/I)but still...it really sounds like the old C4 S4 or UR Q.
That wish might just happen, and sooner than you think.

Though I still doubt it will every go across the pond.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #54
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

i think the new SC V6 just needs a new exhaust to solve the problem.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastic View Post
i think the new SC V6 just needs a new exhaust to solve the problem.
I'm surprised some many here find it unimpressive because it actually sounds a lot like a 911 when it approaches the last 1500rpm before the redline. Though an exhaust will probably enhance this even more.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #56
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

it is kinda quiet. but louder is good like the TTRS or C63 stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I'm surprised some many here find it unimpressive because it actually sounds a lot like a 911 when it approaches the last 1500rpm before the redline. Though an exhaust will probably enhance this even more.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #57
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I'm surprised some many here find it unimpressive because it actually sounds a lot like a 911 when it approaches the last 1500rpm before the redline. Though an exhaust will probably enhance this even more.
Exactly!
The cabin is well isolated, therefore, you may miss the sound, until you step on it.

HOWEVER, if you open the windows, the sound is simply AMAZING!
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #58
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Honestly yes. I'm a car lover. Before we all drive silent hybrids let me enjoy some nice exhaust notes. My BT A4 was faster, turned quicker and braked better then an S4 but I would have taken the S4 over my car...
Same goes for my 135. I'm faster then an M3 but I'll take the high reving N/A S65 anyday over my car. Not only for the engine note but I like peaky engines that have to work to get some power out of. (The RS4 fits that mold and Hopefully the new RS5). I just think that ///M cars and RS should be have high reving N/A engines.

Dr325I: Yes I've driven the S4 two days after it arrived at the dealership.I had I hopes for that car because I wanted to replace my 135I with it in order to go back to the Audi camp. I wasn't that impressed with the car (it is still a good vehicle). The car that I drove had the DSG gearbox.

If Audi could the stick the TT-RS engine in their S4-S5 I would be happy.(I know it's F/I)but still...it really sounds like the old C4 S4 or UR Q.

Over and over, you keep missing the overall picture.

The 2010 S4 is going against the 335, C350...and there is absolutely no need to stick in any RS engines, etc. This engine (V6SC) is very much underutilized and some quick mods (MTM for example) could easily squeeze extra ~100HP and extra TQ out of it. Just like with the 335/135, Audi has to go conservative because:
- upcoming RS model
- looking at the future use of the V6SC engine that will most likely go into wide use

You will always wish they did this and that, but it is a simple current positioning and view into the future developments.

As for the DSG -- it did not impressme either when I initially test-drove the S4. Might be because I am not experienced with the DSG at all. I hear a lot of people being very much happy with it. On the other hand, the 6MT is very much impressive...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #59
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

DSG 7 speed is awesome IMO. so smooth and quick. much smoother than my M3 DCT, especially in the first 3 gears.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #60
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastic View Post
it is kinda quiet. but louder is good like the TTRS or C63 stock.
Much as I like the sound of the mighty AMGs the note that the TT-RS has been blessed with sends shivers up my spine every time I heard one accelerate. Few sounds this side of an Italian exotic V8 or V12 is as good.

And for those fans in the US/Canada not able to experience for real here is a little treat for you all.

TT-RS sound track
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #61
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
As for the DSG -- it did not impressme either when I initially test-drove the S4. Might be because I am not experienced with the DSG at all. I hear a lot of people being very much happy with it. On the other hand, the 6MT is very much impressive...
Unfortunately Audi in their wisdom decided to not to offer the ability to hold onto a gear instead it shifts automatically at the limiter, probably their way of separating the performance status of the S and RS models, this at least will not be the case with the RS5 which will hold the gear and also include LC which will be very impressive and I have been informed should allow for some seriously quick 0-60mph times (add figure most appropriate )

But back to the DSG, it's actually a better system than used by the M3, it's smoother in both up and down shifts and it's blip on downshifts better match than the M3's S5/6 does. I don't think it any quick executing a shift but it is bloody quick at doing it and in auto mode it's 2 settings work perfectly which shows that there is no need to offer 5 setting just to charge to customer more for the option.

P.S.
You are also right that the manual is very good, especially for an awd drivetrain which in general makes matter worse and blocks fast shifts which isn't a problem in the S4.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #62
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,446
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Glad you like it YouYou, any chance you could get some pics up for us to see? I've lived in Montreal for a couple of years and I must agree, Montreal winters NEEDS AWD or 4WD. Old man winter hates Canada but particularly in Quebec and the Praries.....

Yes definitely i'll snap some pics this weekend and post some here.
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #63
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,446
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
A very good description of what the difference is like. I drove the S4 equivalent and to be honest the difference in performance was marginal until you open all the taps on the M3 and even then the difference isn't that vast. Handling is a difficult one to compare because each car behaves totally differently to the other, best way to describe it is to say that both cars can corner at similar speeds but that the M3 offers the driver more info of what the car is actually doing at the time.

I totally agree about the interior, it's miles better than the M3 but I have to say that after examining the 5GT I was very impressed with the direction BMW are now going and it appears to be as good as what Audi are offering.

P.S.

Oh and it's refreshing to hear that not everyone on these forums are afraid to admit that a powerful rwd car is a handful on anything remotely slippery (especially so in the winter) and that an awd car is the better option.

I completely agree on the handling part.
I think the M gives the driver more feedback but in all honesty i think i feel safer in the S5 when cornering hard. I think Quattro has a lot to do with that feeling...
I agree that the new interiors are a big improvement. The dealership lent me a 09 750i with every single option for a weekend to test drive it and see if i liked it when i was thinking of switching my M3. I have to say that i really liked the interior and all the tech but still though, not exactly up there with Audi in my eyes.
Huge improvement from previous years though...
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #64
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
I completely agree on the handling part.
I think the M gives the driver more feedback but in all honesty i think i feel safer in the S5 when cornering hard. I think Quattro has a lot to do with that feeling...
That tells me more than even seeing your picture beside your car that you actually own one and have driven it hard because that is exactly the feeling Quattro gives the driver.

I can only imagine what it's like to walk the high wire but I would describe the difference in feel between the M3 and S5 (I had prior) as the M3 like walking the high wire 50ft off the ground and the S5 like walking it only 20ft off the ground and with a harass. A spirited drive in the M3 gave you sweaty palms and the belief that all the talent was from you where as the S5 gave the impression of it's incredible technology working in your favour.

No doubt the M3 is the more appealing in the confines of a race track with it's runoff areas or that bone dry back road but there is also a certain appeal in the knowledge that there is this safety net which is quattro helping you along the way.

Apples and Oranges, both fruit and both delicious in their own ways.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #65
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Honestly yes. I'm a car lover. Before we all drive silent hybrids let me enjoy some nice exhaust notes. My BT A4 was faster, turned quicker and braked better then an S4 but I would have taken the S4 over my car...
Same goes for my 135. I'm faster then an M3 but I'll take the high reving N/A S65 anyday over my car. Not only for the engine note but I like peaky engines that have to work to get some power out of. (The RS4 fits that mold and Hopefully the new RS5). I just think that ///M cars and RS should be have high reving N/A engines.

Dr325I: Yes I've driven the S4 two days after it arrived at the dealership.I had I hopes for that car because I wanted to replace my 135I with it in order to go back to the Audi camp. I wasn't that impressed with the car (it is still a good vehicle). The car that I drove had the DSG gearbox.

If Audi could the stick the TT-RS engine in their S4-S5 I would be happy.(I know it's F/I)but still...it really sounds like the old C4 S4 or UR Q.

for me, sound is the most important part of the purchase decision. second is the look. third is performance. a few tenths faster or slower don't mean jack to me. that's why i'm thinking of getting rid of my e46 m3. not now, but maybe in a year.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #66
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Much as I like the sound of the mighty AMGs the note that the TT-RS has been blessed with sends shivers up my spine every time I heard one accelerate. Few sounds this side of an Italian exotic V8 or V12 is as good.

And for those fans in the US/Canada not able to experience for real here is a little treat for you all.

TT-RS sound track
It sounds weak IMO.

I will take the m3 v8 sound over this anyday. I think compare this tt-rs sound to an italian exotic is crazy. It is not even close.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST