E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP.... rear window won't go up..

12-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
nhhiep
Captain

Drives: bmw

HELP.... rear window won't go up..

HELP.... it's about to rain outside and the right rear window doesn't go up.....I encountered this issue once a few months ago, but I figured that was a glitch, but today it happens again....

any idea? has anyone have this issue? the car is E90 06
      12-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhhiep View Post
HELP.... it's about to rain outside and the right rear window doesn't go up.....I encountered this issue once a few months ago, but I figured that was a glitch, but today it happens again....

any idea? has anyone have this issue? the car is E90 06
I have a 2006 E90 with no window problems, but I recall reading that there was a BMW bulletin on a window quandary similar to yours - I have not kept the reference. It was likely posted on BimmerPost or on BimmerFest, and it acknowledged that there might be some built in fusing problem(s). BTW, I assume that you have tried the usual remedies. Most people first try to use the manual controls to move the window into one of the extreme positions (all the way up or down) then they hold the manual control for something like 30 seconds - it is supposed to re-establish the reference point for the window servo.
      12-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
bsamoul
Major General

Drives: E90 325i

Send a message via AIM to bsamoul
I have an 06 and I had that problem on Day 2 of ownership. They had to replace the window regulator
bsamoul is offline   No_Country
      12-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
bmw-hoya
Captain

Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
I have an 06 and I had that problem on Day 2 of ownership. They had to replace the window regulator
+1

My passenger side window stopped working and they had to replace the regulator, too. I've never had a problem with any of the windows since then.

As an aside, it took the dealer a few days to get the regulator, so hopefully they have one in stock and ready for you.

"Look, we are all reasonable men here. We don't have to give assurances as if we were lawyers." (Godfather: Part II)
bmw-hoya is offline   United_States
      12-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict

Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT

Common problem on many BMWs, unfortunately.

jopa489 is offline   United_States
      12-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
e90sgm335i

Drives: '08 SGM BMW 335i

Send a message via Yahoo to e90sgm335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oulixes View Post
I have a 2006 E90 with no window problems, but I recall reading that there was a BMW bulletin on a window quandary similar to yours - I have not kept the reference. It was likely posted on BimmerPost or on BimmerFest, and it acknowledged that there might be some built in fusing problem(s). BTW, I assume that you have tried the usual remedies. Most people first try to use the manual controls to move the window into one of the extreme positions (all the way up or down) then they hold the manual control for something like 30 seconds - it is supposed to re-establish the reference point for the window servo.
Holy crap........! this worked...! Sry, newby here, Im Dustin in mt.juliet tennessee. Tonight i was at the carwash with some friends and i was asked if my windows roll down and up with my key fob. so i checked it out, only go down. but when i went to roll them back up with the door controls, my drivers side rear window wouldnt go up. it would move up an 1/8 inch then back down. I come across this post in google search, and tried it out and it worked, So thanks you so much for recalling that post and sharing it here.
Forever greatful, Dustin.(2slow2405)
e90sgm335i is offline   United_States
      07-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Amini77
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM E90 330xi

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sgm335i View Post
Holy crap........! this worked...! Sry, newby here, Im Dustin in mt.juliet tennessee. Tonight i was at the carwash with some friends and i was asked if my windows roll down and up with my key fob. so i checked it out, only go down. but when i went to roll them back up with the door controls, my drivers side rear window wouldnt go up. it would move up an 1/8 inch then back down. I come across this post in google search, and tried it out and it worked, So thanks you so much for recalling that post and sharing it here.
Forever greatful, Dustin.(2slow2405)
So how did you fix it? every now and then i get the same problem but i usually get it back up after a while. but i would really love to know how to permanently fix it. thanks!

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Amini77 is offline   United_States
      07-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
dcat151
Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330i 6MT ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-hoya View Post
+1

My passenger side window stopped working and they had to replace the regulator, too. I've never had a problem with any of the windows since then.

As an aside, it took the dealer a few days to get the regulator, so hopefully they have one in stock and ready for you.
Yep, I just replaced my second rear window regulator (different window each time). I wonder how long until the front window regulators go out.
dcat151 is offline   Wales
      07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
JasonDCarton
Captain

Drives: BMW E90

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
I have somewhat of a similar problem.. At one point my passenger rear window would not roll up, and if I tried to roll down it would shoot down. So I ended up replacing the regulator (not at the dealership). The window now rolls up and down no problem, but when I do auto up, it touches the top, pauses, and rolls back half way down. To get it up all the way, I have to click it up inch by inch until it is sitting at the top. Is this the same kind of issue with letting the window re-learn it's path because I tried the techniques and it wasn't working, maybe I was doing them wrong though. Do i need to disconnect the battery and try again? Thanks
JasonDCarton is offline   United_States
      09-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
Amini77
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM E90 330xi

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oulixes View Post
I have this problem and it gets pretty annoying so what do you mean manual control? How do I do this?? I hope you're still an active member lol
Amini77 is offline   United_States