I bought everything I needed from Home Depot for ~$15.00
--Bolt(s), Nuts, and lock washers(8 sets; 2 set for each jammer receiver) - The installation kit in the blinder came with these but I wanted something more secure when mounting on bumper etc., I didn't want my $750.00 jammer on the road hanging.
--Angle Brace with holes pre-stamped (L shaped)
Home Depot item SKU: 0 30699 41790 2
Description: Angle Punched Zinc Plated 1- 1/4 " x 48 "
Roto-Zip or Dremel; I used both. Screw Drivers
(Front Jammer Receivers)
1) Remove front Bumper; Look at post number two: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...g+front+bumper
2)Determine mounting position and drill tiny hole and mount accordingly to instructions. Here is where I mounted mine:
3) Run wires in engine bay. Here a a few pics of where I routed it: (The wire 's are taped together with electrical tape for cleaner install and are directed with my finger tip.)
4) Open your ECU and remove the DME to drop jammer wires into passenger leg area. If you use this area to wire it, you will not need to drill/modify your firewall. Look at this link for the location of the hole leading to passenger leg area and how to remove DME: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...rocede+install
5) Install CPU of Jammer in the area underneath your glove box.
6) I used fuse slot #28 (homelink, I don't need this option) for power and the screw in area for ground. Take a look at this link to see what I'm referring to; Post #2, Picture 7: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...radar+hardwire
7) I pulled out the center trim(where the shifter is) and routed my LED Visual alert light here:
8) I installed the on/off switch in the driver-side panel under steering column. If you take a look at this pic, about an inch(in picture) to the left, is the switch:
9) Plug in the two front jammer receivers to the Jammer's CPU.
10) This is where I mounted the audio alert:
11) Level unit
Now put everything back in together and you're finished with the front!
Installation for Rear:
This took me a couple of days to devise a way where I didn't have to drill into my body for anything permanent. Here is how I did this:
1) Take off rear license plate
2) Cut the L angle brace to 22 inches with rotor zip.
3) Trace where your license plates will be covering and cut off excess, leaving just the top(so you can mount the receivers).
4) Install Jammers on the angle brace. Here are some pics:
5) Test fit on car. Mark where the trunk handle is and cut, so you can have access to your trunk as normal.
6) After cutting, install the jammers that are on the brace and put your license plate back as normal. Here is a picture installed:
7) Remove trunk liner; Use this DIY to remove liner: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=trunk
8) Remove passenger side license plate light (you do this from inside the trunk, there is a tab).
9) Cut a corner of the passenger side license plate light just enough to pass the wires through to inside the trunk. Look carefully at the picture and you will see where the wires are fed into:
10) Run wires neatly with zip-ties with the factory wire behind the trunk liner.
11) Feed Line out into the seal on the trunk lid; I cut a slit just enough to pass the wire. Here is a picture:
12) Feed the line into the body seal; I cut a slit just enough to pass the wire. Here is a picture:
13) Remove rear passenger side bolster. To do this, you must release the rear passenger side seat (passthrough). Once you remove the bolster, you will see a few bunch of wires. Feed your Jammer Receiver lines through neatly. Here is a pic:
14) Run Wires underneath interior trim/seal(black felt-like strip that runs the area around the window. Here are a few pictures:
15) Route into underneath glove box and plug into CPU that is already there from the front jammer install.
16) Level unit and get going! Here is a picture:
17) Drive safely and within speed limit!