E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eye Comparisons



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #199
ultimate
Lieutenant Colonel
ultimate's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,785
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShaney View Post
so what's the verdict?
without reading the entire thread or knowing anything about OSS

I've had lux 4.0 for a couple of years and am looking to get lux 5.1, but OSS (which I know nothing about) seem to be getting great reviews.

Whats better??
lux 5.1 or OSS

and where are OSS available?
oss is about 500 and would require you to send your headlights away. (miami)

but have to admit, it looks the best.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #200
gaifaun
Major
gaifaun's Avatar
Canada
59
Rep
1,133
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Greater Vancouver

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Check out the review i just did on the GP Thunder's 7500k V2.

My verdict is for the money, you cannot argue that it is the best in its class.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415710











__________________
I can help with Coding in Vancouver. PM me
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #201
eazye
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: OH-IO

iTrader: (5)

Just replaced my RD Angels that were on the fritz (passenger side was flickering on and off when warmed up) with some MTEC Angels and the difference is unbelieveable! The quality of the unit itself is much better in that the MTECs are like one giant heatsink to keep it cool where as the RDs really do not have any sort of cooling assistance at all. It is no wonder the RDs didn't last!

performance.... The MTECs seem to be twice as bright. I actually liked the RDs color despite not being bright. They looked nice at night which is really what I cared about, well, until I got the MTECs installed. I will be able to use the MTECs while still light out and they will be plenty visible and the color is almost perfectly matched to the stock Xenons and my upgraded MTEC fogs. The rings are fairly uniform in brightness as well. I highly recommend them MTEC AEs to anyone looking to upgrade and save yourself $50-$100 for something else. Unfortunately I didnt get pics of one of each installed, I just wanted to get it done. Again, there was a considerable brightness difference in favor of the MTECS over these RDs!

And, YES, I know you get what you pay for....I just wasnt sure if changing the Angels were something I wanted to stick with initially. The RDs were a good way to see if I liked the change w/o dropping $200+ to try it out. Now I am glad I switched to the MTECs.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #202
Ron1n
Speed Demon
Ron1n's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
3,248
Posts

 
Drives: '10 335d E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The 858

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post
Just replaced my RD Angels that were on the fritz (passenger side was flickering on and off when warmed up) with some MTEC Angels and the difference is unbelieveable! The quality of the unit itself is much better in that the MTECs are like one giant heatsink to keep it cool where as the RDs really do not have any sort of cooling assistance at all. It is no wonder the RDs didn't last!

performance.... The MTECs seem to be twice as bright. I actually liked the RDs color despite not being bright. They looked nice at night which is really what I cared about, well, until I got the MTECs installed. I will be able to use the MTECs while still light out and they will be plenty visible and the color is almost perfectly matched to the stock Xenons and my upgraded MTEC fogs. The rings are fairly uniform in brightness as well. I highly recommend them MTEC AEs to anyone looking to upgrade and save yourself $50-$100 for something else. Unfortunately I didnt get pics of one of each installed, I just wanted to get it done. Again, there was a considerable brightness difference in favor of the MTECS over these RDs!

And, YES, I know you get what you pay for....I just wasnt sure if changing the Angels were something I wanted to stick with initially. The RDs were a good way to see if I liked the change w/o dropping $200+ to try it out. Now I am glad I switched to the MTECs.
And you are now obligated to provide us pictures.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #203
eazye
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: OH-IO

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
And you are now obligated to provide us pictures.
Yeah, I know. I really should have taken pics when I had the one good Rd in with one of the MTECs. I was pretty shocked at how dim the RDs were in comparison. Maybe if I find the time I will put the good one in and take pics.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #204
nine335
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

i've read this entire thread but now i can't remember if i read that mtech v2's will or will not work with e92's? if they do, i'm stuck between mtech v2's and lux h8's
__________________
e92 Montego Blue 335i jb+ and cosmetic mods

Last edited by nine335; 08-08-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: wrong bulbs
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #205
beskone
Captain
beskone's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
915
Posts

 
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine335 View Post
i've read this entire thread but now i can't remember if i read that lux 5.0's will or will not work with e92's? if they do, i'm stuck between mtech v2's and lux 5.0's.
You need the LUX H8 if you have an e92.
__________________

e92 LCI LeMans Blue Saddle Brown Bamboo Anthracite Performance Grilles CF Performance Spoiler CF Performance Diffuser ACS Style Roof Spoiler LED Interior Lighting BMS Clutch Stop BMS Intake BMS CDV BMW Performance Exhaust ST V1 Coilovers Miro 111 Staggered More to come!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #206
335DEE
Captain
335DEE's Avatar
England
7
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (1)

I have been checking these forums out and no one seems to refer to the OEM ones that BMW are fitting to the MY10 LCI's and X6's ( in th eUK at least).

I'd like to find out what the output of these babies are because they will burn your retina from 300 feet even in full on direct sunlight. ( brighter than the Audi swoosh DLRL)

Is it a new headlight modification they are using or bulb replacement ?


BTW i am guessing the it's an OEM from BMW as they seem to be increasingly more & more common on the roads here
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #207
Imperator
Major
Imperator's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (7)

I'm sure the new LED-based halo rings used in the 2011 E92 LCI headlamps is a fixed-optic unit. Nevertheless, some pictures and/or a parts breakout diagram would be nice to see exactly what BMW has employed to achieve such a bright, uniform output.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #208
Ron1n
Speed Demon
Ron1n's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
3,248
Posts

 
Drives: '10 335d E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The 858

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I'm sure the new LED-based halo rings used in the 2011 E92 LCI headlamps is a fixed-optic unit. Nevertheless, some pictures and/or a parts breakout diagram would be nice to see exactly what BMW has employed to achieve such a bright, uniform output.
They're LEDs...pretty sure that's exactly how they achieved such a bright, uniform output.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #209
Imperator
Major
Imperator's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (7)

Umm, who wouldn't have guessed that? The more important thing that we're all wondering is how they're implemented in the LCI housing.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #210
Ron1n
Speed Demon
Ron1n's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
3,248
Posts

 
Drives: '10 335d E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The 858

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Umm, who wouldn't have guessed that? The more important thing that we're all wondering is how they're implemented in the LCI housing.
Well, your original comment was kind of silly, so don't toss out the eyeroll when you were stating the obvious.

That, and there's no real question about how they are implemented into the LCI housing, either. Really unsure where you're going with this.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #211
Imperator
Major
Imperator's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
Well, your original comment was kind of silly, so don't toss out the eyeroll when you were stating the obvious.

That, and there's no real question about how they are implemented into the LCI housing, either. Really unsure where you're going with this.
How was my original comment silly? The was due to your painfully-obvious response of BMW employing LEDs in the LCI housing... No shit? The point I was questioning is HOW BMW is implementing the new halos, since all the upgrade options we currently have are ALSO LED-based. The new LCI halos are different in the manner which LEDs are used in the optics... That's what we want to find out.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #212
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
72
Rep
1,620
Posts


 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (40)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
I was looking at a new LCI e92 and I took the cap off, from what I see it looks LED based. It is very empty inside compared to the older housing, I could fit like 2 iPhones in there no problem. So I am almost sure they took the LED route.

You guys should take a view of our HID Angel Eyes, no matter if your in direct sunlight or not you can fully see them, and cheaper then most options out there.
__________________
E & F Series coding (remote coding available)
310-560-0808 (Text,iMessage,WhatsApp, international please iMessage or WhatsApp +13105600808)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #213
deanmc
Captain
deanmc's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Question: What's the BRIGHTEST angels for Pre-LCI E90 besides Lux?? Is MTEC or Weisslicht next?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #214
Blue Liquid
First Lieutenant
Blue Liquid's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: e92 AW M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Blue Liquid
The HID angels are the brightest. Overpowering in my opinion. For a realistic look, you want an LED solution, like Weisslicht or Angel iBright.

I'm really curious to know the difference in output between the new OEM angels and the Angel iBrights, which have a nicer uniform lighting.
__________________
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh195/cgdito/photo-1.jpg
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #215
Ron1n
Speed Demon
Ron1n's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
3,248
Posts

 
Drives: '10 335d E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The 858

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
How was my original comment silly? The was due to your painfully-obvious response of BMW employing LEDs in the LCI housing... No shit? The point I was questioning is HOW BMW is implementing the new halos, since all the upgrade options we currently have are ALSO LED-based. The new LCI halos are different in the manner which LEDs are used in the optics... That's what we want to find out.
*sighs* Post in another thread about what you don't know, since again, the answers are obvious, just not to you.

</
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #216
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
72
Rep
1,620
Posts


 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (40)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liquid View Post
The HID angels are the brightest. Overpowering in my opinion. For a realistic look, you want an LED solution, like Weisslicht or Angel iBright.

I'm really curious to know the difference in output between the new OEM angels and the Angel iBrights, which have a nicer uniform lighting.
Have you seen them in person? I know people say this when they see the pictures, but whenever people see them in person they always think it's perfect from what I hear...
__________________
E & F Series coding (remote coding available)
310-560-0808 (Text,iMessage,WhatsApp, international please iMessage or WhatsApp +13105600808)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #217
deanmc
Captain
deanmc's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Have you seen them in person? I know people say this when they see the pictures, but whenever people see them in person they always think it's perfect from what I hear...
Alex, does Alpine carry HID halos for the E90 Pre-LCI? If not, what would you recommend for brightness besides OSS? Thank you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #218
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
72
Rep
1,620
Posts


 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (40)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Alex, does Alpine carry HID halos for the E90 Pre-LCI? If not, what would you recommend for brightness besides OSS? Thank you.
I am very sorry, we do not have anything for pre-lci E90, I would highly suggest you get LUX or contact e92lighting for other options on the e90 pre lci
__________________
E & F Series coding (remote coding available)
310-560-0808 (Text,iMessage,WhatsApp, international please iMessage or WhatsApp +13105600808)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #219
Blue Liquid
First Lieutenant
Blue Liquid's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: e92 AW M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Blue Liquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Have you seen them in person? I know people say this when they see the pictures, but whenever people see them in person they always think it's perfect from what I hear...
I'll admit, I have not seen them in person. I'm only going by what I've seen in pics. They always seem to be severely overpowering any other LED-based options. Like angel eye Headlights or something. Perhaps I should reserve judgement until I've seen them in person. I wish I had that opportunity actually.
__________________
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh195/cgdito/photo-1.jpg
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #220
Imperator
Major
Imperator's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
*sighs* Post in another thread about what you don't know, since again, the answers are obvious, just not to you.
Reading comprehension isn't your core strength. Since you seem to know the answer, how 'bout telling us all how the LEDs in the 2011 LCI headlamp are arranged, since the current pre-LCI LED retrofits can't match the intensity of the 2011.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST