E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E92 335i CP-E EXHAUST KIT !!!!

11-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #89
NaViT
Banned

Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual
I've been trying to get a hold of CP-E since weeks ago about details of this exhaust kit and I wanted to place an order !
Come on, you guys need to be more responsive before you can make a sale.
By the way dyno numbers LOOKS good, will post up my personal review after installation. (Hopefully, someone will get back to me soon. )
looks like they arent trying to make any money if they dont answer to their customers...
NaViT is offline   United_States
      11-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #90
m3pyun
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygrail
ThinkEntrophy,

Are there different kinds of Dynos? I'm not downshooting your numbers, professionalism, or expertise. You probably know much more than I. My question from my last message was sincere. What would 287 hp equal to the crank? Approximation? Thanks.
There are many different types of dynos. You cannot compare a dyno result from one dyno to a dyno result from a different dyno. They are many other factors involved in dyno readings (temp, humidity, etc..).

The general rule of thumb is that manual transmissions are about 85% efficient while an auto tranny is about 80% efficient, but it seems like the 335i's 6spd auto is pretty close to the manual's efficiency.
      11-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #91
SayBBye
Private

Drives: Soon to Be

I'm curious why gains are so minimal. The factory cats must be very restrictive. Probably see another 30 increase with a downpipe. However I have one question. Why are all companies going with a 2.5inch sstem? I know maybe 3inch may be excessive unless your going to g all out, but why not try a 70mm prototype. I think it would yield better results.
1986 Toyota Corolla Hatchback - Sold
      11-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #92
doublearon21
Enlisted Member

Drives: Soon to order space gray 335,

[quote=cm3rc]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zshazz
I got more.

Ouchies -- very bad move:

OMG thats the funniest shit i've ever seen!

btw exhaust looks great.. but the tips.. im not feelin. lookin foward to the dyno results...
WOW, that is the funniest movie that I have seen in a long time. The owner of the Jetta's reaction was priceless
      11-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #93
NaViT
Banned

OMG! idiots!
      11-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #94
ThinkEntropy
Private

Drives: Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygrail
ThinkEntrophy,

Are there different kinds of Dynos? I'm not downshooting your numbers, professionalism, or expertise. You probably know much more than I. My question from my last message was sincere. What would 287 hp equal to the crank? Approximation? Thanks.
See below please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by day1yun
There are many different types of dynos. You cannot compare a dyno result from one dyno to a dyno result from a different dyno. They are many other factors involved in dyno readings (temp, humidity, etc..).

The general rule of thumb is that manual transmissions are about 85% efficient while an auto tranny is about 80% efficient, but it seems like the 335i's 6spd auto is pretty close to the manual's efficiency.
The Dynojet dyno we used uses a big spinning drum to calculate horsepower. Using a formula, you can calculate how much power it took to spin the drum in a given amount of time. That's how this particular dyno works. There are also dynos that use electric brakes and a strain gauge to measure torque directly, and then calculate horsepower from that.

And I'll go out on a limb to say that I don't think anyone will claim that dyno numbers are consistent across all dynos. There are so many correction factors and calculations involved, not to mention the fact that the cars aren't even the same. Another (possible) contributing factor to the discrepency is the fact that our tester car had aftermarket 19" wheels. Since these wheels clearly have more inertia than the stock wheels, how did this affect the numbers? You see what I mean?

Dyno numbers should really only be used for comparison purposes on the same dyno. And no offense taken by your question, that was a very legitimate question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual
I've been trying to get a hold of CP-E since weeks ago about details of this exhaust kit and I wanted to place an order !
Come on, you guys need to be more responsive before you can make a sale.
By the way dyno numbers LOOKS good, will post up my personal review after installation. (Hopefully, someone will get back to me soon. )

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We're extremely excited to work with you regarding the exhaust, so please don't think otherwise. Like I said in our PM, you caught us at a busy time as it was Thanksgiving here in the US, and several of us were out of town. But now we're all back, and we're looking forward to cranking out some quality exhaust systems for you

Jordan
      11-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #95
NaViT
Banned

nice! well do u have more pics? or done more jobs on any other cars? upgrades? etc..
      11-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #96
ThinkEntropy
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaViT
nice! well do u have more pics? or done more jobs on any other cars? upgrades? etc..

Thanks NaViT!

We have some more pics of the exhaust system out of the car if that's what you're looking for. Let me know and I'll dig them up and post 'em.

We haven't worked on any other 335i's yet, but we've been working with the Mazda community for some time now. We've been successfully making products for the MazdSPEED6, and we're just now releasing parts for the new SPEED3. We're really excited to get into the Bimmer market however, as this exhaust kit and BOV kit is our first venture.

Jordan
      12-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #97
Turbo Squid
Model

Drives: M3 + C55

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Turbo Squid
I wonder if the 335 is gunna spurt "flames"... you know... The DTM kind, not the Fast and Furious kind. My dad had a Porsche 911 Targa that used to do it all the time back in the day. It was really sweet. When I ran open downpipe on the Jetta my friends said they'd always see the glow from the flames in 2nd gear under the car. I like it, I dunno maybe that's my the Pyro in me...:rocks:

12-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #98
Turbo Squid
Model

Drives: M3 + C55

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Turbo Squid
I'm also interested in seeing who and how someone will tackle upgrading the downpipes on the 335, I read that a BMW designer said that one of the problem points of a 335 with more power would be that the DP (downpipe) is more prone to overheating and cracking as a result of the greater heat.

From my experience with a turbo car, having a 3" DP is very beneficial, even if it feeds into a 2.5" system. I'd say the DP is a greater priority worrying who's is bigger.

I'd also be interested in seeing an upgraded TIP (turbo inlet pipe) and LIP (lower-intercooler pipe) from the pictures I saw it looks like the stock ones are pretty nice, doesn't seem like there are any "pancake pipes" like there was on the 1.8T. But it's always nice to get the most that you can out of what you have.

12-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #99
chris b.
Brigadier General

Drives: zmp e90

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
any exhaust kits for the sedan in the works??
chris b. is offline   United_States
      12-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #100
Backattack
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
Almost the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
exhaust looks cool. not too fond of the tips. sound clips please.

tips kinda look like this. from the kas collection.

I almost fell out of my seat on this one!
      12-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #101
Backattack
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
Looks decent enough, but sounds GREAT if that's what your into. Personally, I think the 335 turns enough heads... I wouldn't want someone thinking a Honda civic was coming up!
      12-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #102
DrH
Private

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Question Availability??

Any updates?

I thought this product definitely looks and sounds the nicest, but you guys aren't keeping up! On the CP-E website it says that the product is under development.

The Miltek looks/sounds very similar and is now available.. You guys better get on it!

Good work though

'07 E92 335i Coupe | Monaco Blue
A/T | Paddle shifters | Sports package
| Black/Aluminum Trim
DrH is offline   United_States
      12-17-2006, 02:51 AM   #103
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Where is it available at?
      12-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #104
Jason
Administrator

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude
Where is it available at?
Contact "bob at stratmosphere" (he's a vendor here). I believe they carry Milltek exhausts.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
      12-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #105
ThinkEntropy
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrH
Any updates?

I thought this product definitely looks and sounds the nicest, but you guys aren't keeping up! On the CP-E website it says that the product is under development.

The Miltek looks/sounds very similar and is now available.. You guys better get on it!

Good work though

You guys should give us a call if you're interested!!!!!!! We've been taking pre-orders for the past couple weeks now.

I can come back to the boards occasionally to check if threads have new questions in them and whatnot, but we ask that the people interested in the catback kit contact us directly. We only have three full-time employees here, so you can imagine how busy we get every day. You guys can also PM me, since I get an email shot to me if I get new messages.

We haven't yet started on making a kit for the sedan, but we plan on doing so. We also have a few other tip options for the folks who didn't like our original choice (no big deal). Also, we're painfully aware that our website is lacking, and we're trying to find someone to update our site more often. We sincerely apologize, and hopefully we'll take care of that in the next couple weeks.

I think I posted our company info, but just in case:

Josh Adams
301-576-6142
jadams@cp-e.com
www.cp-e.com

Thanks guys!
Jordan
      12-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #106
elmaki
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335i Coupe

Garage List
08 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
20007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkEntropy
You guys should give us a call if you're interested!!!!!!! We've been taking pre-orders for the past couple weeks now.

I can come back to the boards occasionally to check if threads have new questions in them and whatnot, but we ask that the people interested in the catback kit contact us directly. We only have three full-time employees here, so you can imagine how busy we get every day. You guys can also PM me, since I get an email shot to me if I get new messages.

We haven't yet started on making a kit for the sedan, but we plan on doing so. We also have a few other tip options for the folks who didn't like our original choice (no big deal). Also, we're painfully aware that our website is lacking, and we're trying to find someone to update our site more often. We sincerely apologize, and hopefully we'll take care of that in the next couple weeks.

I think I posted our company info, but just in case:

Josh Adams
301-576-6142
jadams@cp-e.com
www.cp-e.com

Thanks guys!
Jordan
How much and are you offering group buys?
      12-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #107
ThinkEntropy
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaki

I know this thread got long and confusing, so I'm just going to repost all the ordering details here. Unfortunately, we are not considering any group buys at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkEntropy
Great news! We finally got some dyno numbers for everyone. We made peak gains of 13hp and 8ftlb of torque to the wheels.

We're going to start taking pre-orders on this kit with introductory pricing. The normal MSRP will be $1700, but we will offer a $125 discount if you make a pre-order. That brings the introductory pricing to $1575.

We realize there are other exhaust options out there, but the bang-for-the-buck factor is incredibly high with this kit. With two resonators, two mufflers, semi-polished pipe, a proper x-style crossover, and a wickedly exotic sound, you can't beat this deal.

PLEASE NOTE: NO CHARGES WILL BE MADE TO YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL THE PRODUCT HAS SHIPPED!!

If you'd like to add your name to the pre-order list, you have two options. Either call us directly at: 301-576-6142. Or, email Josh Adams at JAdams@cp-e.com. I can also answer any questions here that you guys still have.

12-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #108
wahoo
Bangin' my head against the wall

Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaki
He said CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY, d'oh.
      12-27-2006, 04:26 AM   #109
daisy16905
Private First Class

Drives: 2014 M235i

I just checked out the CP-E sight and it will not even bring up the 335i exhaust?????
      12-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #110
ThinkEntropy
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy16905
I just checked out the CP-E sight and it will not even bring up the 335i exhaust?????

Granted our website is in a wicked state of disarray, but what other info were you looking for? Any info we have to offer on this kit is located in this thread. Is there a question I can answer for you?

Jordan