E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HID fog lights easy as pie and a cost of only $60.95



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

HID fog lights easy as pie and a cost of only $60.95

Well its official.... the DDM Tuning Slim Line HID kits work flawlessly with the simple addition of a 4700uf capacitor. Ive included pics of the Capacitor needed that can be obtained at any Radio Shack for about $5.48/ea. In addition with the HID kit for only $49.99 I have only $60.95 (+ shipping) in this beautiful kit. I opted for the 3000K look because I think it contrasts well against the AW but DDM has a variety of temps for bulbs. Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.

PS - I tried the error cancelors that DDM offers and they are a no go. They do not work on our cars.

As Packaged from Radio Shack

Spliced into HID harness (Ensure arrow referring to negative is wired to ground wire on harness.

Soldering of capacitor


Everything layed out full view. This is the harness portion that plugs into bulb






Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
khoda355
Captain
9
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: EG hatch/ E90
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to khoda355
if i may say so.... that looks just getto... you have a 50k car and u have this fog set up that i can see someone doing to a honda or something... just not my cup of tea as some people say...

the lighting looks goood tho.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoda355 View Post
if i may say so.... that looks just getto... you have a 50k car and u have this fog set up that i can see someone doing to a honda or something... just not my cup of tea as some people say...

the lighting looks goood tho.
Sorry bud I didnt create this thread to accomodate your "cup of tea". There are many topics regarding this subject and many many members curious how to eliminate the need to spend $200+ on a fog light setup that operates correctly and does not throw an error code on our vehicles. You said yourself the lighting looks good so whats the difference in me wiring the items needed for it to function properly rather than pay someone a 100% markup to do the same just to sell it to me at a profit.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
khoda355
Captain
9
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: EG hatch/ E90
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to khoda355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iredline View Post
Sorry bud I didnt create this thread to accomodate your "cup of tea". There are many topics regarding this subject and many many members curious how to eliminate the need to spend $200+ on a fog light setup that operates correctly and does not throw an error code on our vehicles. You said yourself the lighting looks good so whats the difference in me wiring the items needed for it to function properly rather than pay someone a 100% markup to do the same just to sell it to me at a profit.
wow..wow..wow.. calm down here. im not trying to bash your thread im just simply giving my opinion. for me i like to have a nice clean job. i bought a bmw, i would like to do things for it that are the same standards not make the lighting look good but behind it a bundle of wires. again im not trying to bash you at all. As i was told when i first got on here... "you gota pay to play" in your case you do not need to, you just need to do less quality of work...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

Oh no offense taken. And believe me I pay to play quite often (note other toys in background in addition to 335....supercharged infinity G35 and in garage a 10.68 1/4 mile camaro) but if I can save a few bucks on one thing to spend a little more on another then I do so bro. I was merely letting the members who have asked repetadly that there is a solution to hid fogs without breaking the bank. Sorry but $225 for foglights is a little outrageous. Id much rather apply that to some go fast goodies rather than lighting just my $.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoda355 View Post
wow..wow..wow.. calm down here. im not trying to bash your thread im just simply giving my opinion. for me i like to have a nice clean job. i bought a bmw, i would like to do things for it that are the same standards not make the lighting look good but behind it a bundle of wires. again im not trying to bash you at all. As i was told when i first got on here... "you gota pay to play" in your case you do not need to, you just need to do less quality of work...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
khoda355
Captain
9
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: EG hatch/ E90
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to khoda355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iredline View Post
Oh no offense taken. And believe me I pay to play quite often (note other toys in background in addition to 335....supercharged infinity G35 and in garage a 10.68 1/4 mile camaro) but if I can save a few bucks on one thing to spend a little more on another then I do so bro. I was merely letting the members who have asked repetadly that there is a solution to hid fogs without breaking the bank. Sorry but $225 for foglights is a little outrageous. Id much rather apply that to some go fast goodies rather than lighting just my $.02.


well great work, as i said before the lighting looks great! and you say there is no code being thrown out! great work and great find!

bummppppp for a good find.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
StockE90
Private
7
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Santa Ana, CA

iTrader: (0)

Looking good! What kind of angel eyes are those?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
rkick08
Major
rkick08's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,444
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F32 435i Msport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

great job, i need to do this on my ride.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
07E92TT
Major
07E92TT's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,337
Posts

 
Drives: 08 C63
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orlando,FL

iTrader: (1)

I love yellow fogs, especially on white cars. "ghetto" would be like putting 22's on it lol
__________________
Car: 2008 E90 SG/Black/Dark Burl (sold)
2008 MB C63 P.Silver/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
I335
Brigadier General
I335's Avatar
59
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (11)

I think it looks fantastic (and I'm almost 50!)! I might just do this myself. It looks like that setup would actually enhance the functionality of the fogs significantly as they appear in your pics at least to be MUCH brighter than stock. Is this correct? I love the 3K temp as well. Have you had the opportunity to try them out while driving yet? And finally, will this solution work as-is for an e92? Nice work - thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #11
khoda355
Captain
9
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: EG hatch/ E90
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to khoda355
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I think it looks fantastic (and I'm almost 50!)! I might just do this myself. It looks like that setup would actually enhance the functionality of the fogs significantly as they appear in your pics at least to be MUCH brighter than stock. Is this correct? I love the 3K temp as well. Have you had the opportunity to try them out while driving yet? And finally, will this solution work as-is for an e92? Nice work - thanks!
yes it does enhance the functionality of the fogs significantly. I had 8k and i could just drive at night with fogs on. They are MUCH brighter than stock thats for sure! I am 99% sure that this will work for your E92!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
bioman
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: E30
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iredline View Post
Oh no offense taken. And believe me I pay to play quite often (note other toys in background in addition to 335....supercharged infinity G35 and in garage a 10.68 1/4 mile camaro) but if I can save a few bucks on one thing to spend a little more on another then I do so bro. I was merely letting the members who have asked repetadly that there is a solution to hid fogs without breaking the bank. Sorry but $225 for foglights is a little outrageous. Id much rather apply that to some go fast goodies rather than lighting just my $.02.
Nice lights, no codes for sure? And it's spelled Infiniti.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
khoda355
Captain
9
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: EG hatch/ E90
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to khoda355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07E92TT View Post
I love yellow fogs, especially on white cars. "ghetto" would be like putting 22's on it lol
thats why i rock 24''s
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockE90 View Post
Looking good! What kind of angel eyes are those?
Thanks. Angels are D-Tech from E92 lighting. Breeze to install and as you see they look great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I think it looks fantastic (and I'm almost 50!)! I might just do this myself. It looks like that setup would actually enhance the functionality of the fogs significantly as they appear in your pics at least to be MUCH brighter than stock. Is this correct? I love the 3K temp as well. Have you had the opportunity to try them out while driving yet? And finally, will this solution work as-is for an e92? Nice work - thanks!
Yes they are much much brighter. We live on a lake with a 4 mile bridge to cross everyday so quite often its foggy and the "fog lights" actually live up to their name now haha. Yes wiring portion will work for your E92 but I believe you have a different bulb but that will be covered when ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Nice lights, no codes for sure? And it's spelled Infiniti.
No errors at all not even once. Had them installed since New Years day and all is well.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
I335
Brigadier General
I335's Avatar
59
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (11)

Excellent - thanks again, guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
Potty_Pants
Colonel
Potty_Pants's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern NJ

iTrader: (0)

looks great ! thanks for the contribution !!!

ppp
__________________
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
iAerodynamic
Colonel
iAerodynamic's Avatar
Taiwan
42
Rep
2,179
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Marino, CA

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
damn. seems like a lot of soldering work which i don't know how to do LOL

nevertheless it's really nicee!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #18
kjrulz
Mastermind
kjrulz's Avatar
29
Rep
1,361
Posts

 
Drives: girls krazy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: your mother

iTrader: (5)

soldering this is soooo easy. i'd do it for anyone if i was given it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #19
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAerodynamic View Post
damn. seems like a lot of soldering work which i don't know how to do LOL

nevertheless it's really nicee!
Its actually quite simple. Took me a total of about 15 minutes. Heat soldering iron, touch to solder while over the portion to be soldered and it quickly turns to liquid form and hardens back to solid form after a few seconds and wallah
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
Canada
31
Rep
2,721
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Looks good and nice work around to a common problem. Is that the 35 or 55 watt kit?
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #21
kjrulz
Mastermind
kjrulz's Avatar
29
Rep
1,361
Posts

 
Drives: girls krazy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: your mother

iTrader: (5)

"Our 55w HID Kit is not recommended for smaller fog light housings because they tend to concentrate a large amount of heat in a small area."
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #22
335iredline
Private
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Looks good and nice work around to a common problem. Is that the 35 or 55 watt kit?
35W. As stated above I would not recommend a 55w kit with non projector housings

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianacaparelli View Post
your rims are gorgeous
Thank you sir VMR 710's in solar black powdercoat FTW
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST