E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > New satellite radio support for iDrive....

11-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
MikeLogan
Private First Class

Drives: 09 E92 335 ZMP Le Mans

New satellite radio support for iDrive....

With the 4th-gen BMW iDrive...

* Sirius now features "Instant Replay" - giving you the option to timeshift / replay a favorite song or program
* The channel list can now be displayed as channel name, artist and song title - giving a "sneak-peek" to what is currently being played on the channel line-up
* Channel surfing is now made easier by the provision of Direct Channel Input.
* Favorite Alert will notify users when a favorite artist, song, or game is being played.
* Traffic Jump allows users to automatically tune to the traffic message of a chosen metro area when the message becomes available to avoid missing important updates.

Source: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/bm...th-idrive.html

Does anyone know if this is a simple software flash? Run the update through BMW assit? Are there hardware components that make this possible?

09 Le Mans Blue E92 335 M-Sport
Saddle|Glacier|De-badged|30% Tint|Black Kidneys
      11-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Ender514
General

Drives: 2009 E92 335i

the replay feature sounds pretty cool
      11-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!

Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLogan View Post

* Sirius now features "Instant Replay" - giving you the option to timeshift / replay a favorite song or program
* The channel list can now be displayed as channel name, artist and song title - giving a "sneak-peek" to what is currently being played on the channel line-up
* Favorite Alert will notify users when a favorite artist, song, or game is being played.
* Traffic Jump allows users to automatically tune to the traffic message of a chosen metro area when the message becomes available to avoid missing important updates.

Does anyone know if this is a simple software flash? Run the update through BMW assit? Are there hardware components that make this possible?
I am fairly certain it is not just a software issue. My car got reflashed a few weeks ago so it has all the latest software. But, I don't have any of these features.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
      01-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
VWtoBMW
Captain

Drives: 2013 740Li

Garage List
2013 535i xDrive  [5.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I called my dealer and they scheduled me for Thursday and will have a loaner for me while they update my system. I will let everyone know once I get the car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLogan View Post

01-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Ender514
General

Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
I called my dealer and they scheduled me for Thursday and will have a loaner for me while they update my system. I will let everyone know once I get the car back.
how much is it?
      01-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
VWtoBMW
Captain

Drives: 2013 740Li

Garage List
2013 535i xDrive  [5.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Well, I brought my car in and the dealer had the DVD's they needed to load but had an issue... Apparently, they need a liscence code that BMW needs to provide them. Since I was their first customer to ask for this update, I was sort of the lab rat that they used to get things going. They were unable to do the upgrade until they received the licence # from BMW which they are receiving today... so I am going back in on the weekend to get the upgrade done. They are charging me 1.5 hours labor.
      01-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
The new Sirius features seem to be only applicable to the new CIC/OEM HU with built-in Sirius tuner introduced from 10/09 production on.
Technic is offline   United_States
      01-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
Well, I brought my car in and the dealer had the DVD's they needed to load but had an issue... Apparently, they need a liscence code that BMW needs to provide them. Since I was their first customer to ask for this update, I was sort of the lab rat that they used to get things going. They were unable to do the upgrade until they received the licence # from BMW which they are receiving today... so I am going back in on the weekend to get the upgrade done. They are charging me 1.5 hours labor.
That is the map update, not a code update...
Technic is offline   United_States