E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Has anyone tried using Car Cost Canada?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
jxu
Private First Class
5

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GTA


Posts: 147
iTrader: (5)

I used it for my 335i, with BMW incentives I recieved around 15% discount, made me a happy customer.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #24
Bimmer Al
Lieutenant
Canada
25

 
Drives: 2010 335xi Coupe MSport, 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu View Post
I used it for my 335i, with BMW incentives I recieved around 15% discount, made me a happy customer.
How did you get 15%? Margins are 7-9%
__________________
2010 335i xDrive Coupe, Titanium Silver, MSport 6MT
2006 325i Sparkling Graphite Sport Package 6MT Retired
1999 323i Titanium Silver, Sport Package, 5MT Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
hawc
Private First Class
Canada
11

 
hawc's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)

Don't you know? Whenever anyone on a message board says what they paid for a car, it's always 20% below the wholesale cost. And anyone who pays a cent more is a sucker!

__________________
Closing in on icandie's post count.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
25

 
G-Mach1's Avatar
 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB


Posts: 757
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
How did you get 15%? Margins are 7-9%
Well that is a mystery to me as well. So far no one was able to give me a straight answer to that.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #27
samej
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive IB Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa


Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

They're getting 15% based on manufacturer to dealer rebates + the markup over wholesale. e.g. BMW offers $3000 direct to dealer plus "free doc processing fee". The dealer passes this on to you and also cuts his profit on retail.

Best bargains are model year end when they clear existing inventory. Drawback is you have to pick from a limited selection, and lots of remaining inventory is typically "loaded" with features.

This year the 2011's are coming out in spring if the other threads are to be believed, so you may be looking at some great deals on 2010s then.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #28
aspiring335
Major
Canada
36

 
aspiring335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E91 6MT
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 1,448
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
How did you get 15%? Margins are 7-9%
Margins are always just over 9%. Incentives over the last couple of years have ranged from $2,000 to $7,000 on the E9x ($7,000 is the current incentive for 2009 rwd sedans if you don't use BMW's financing or leasing). Definitely possible to get 15% off MSRP under those circumstances.
__________________
2010 E91 328i xdrive. 6MT, Sports, Premium Sound, Navigation

2010 VW Touareg TDI, 2006 E90 330i, 2004 E46 325iT, 2003 MINI Cooper S (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #29
Bimmer Al
Lieutenant
Canada
25

 
Drives: 2010 335xi Coupe MSport, 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawc View Post
Don't you know? Whenever anyone on a message board says what they paid for a car, it's always 20% below the wholesale cost. And anyone who pays a cent more is a sucker!

__________________
2010 335i xDrive Coupe, Titanium Silver, MSport 6MT
2006 325i Sparkling Graphite Sport Package 6MT Retired
1999 323i Titanium Silver, Sport Package, 5MT Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #30
jxu
Private First Class
5

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GTA


Posts: 147
iTrader: (5)

I got $5000 from BMW's incentive and then a few more grand off. My deal wasn't that spectacular at that time since theres already $5000 incentive.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #31
604 Dude
New Member
0

 
Drives: Nissan Altima SER 2005
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
Hey Bummer Al, I am looking at getting the same set up as what is in your signature. Good choice!

My dealer offered 6% discount for 2011 model ordered (not on the lot), what are your thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #32
BRAISKI
Colonel
Spain
98

 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada


Posts: 2,390
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604 Dude View Post
Hey Bummer Al, I am looking at getting the same set up as what is in your signature. Good choice!

My dealer offered 6% discount for 2011 model ordered (not on the lot), what are your thoughts on this?
6%!?!??! I think I got about 4%.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #33
604 Dude
New Member
0

 
Drives: Nissan Altima SER 2005
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
6%!?!??! I think I got about 4%.
Based on what I see (n00b here!) you used European delivery. I would expect less of a discount on that. But nice car choice, awesome color!

Here is where I get lost, if the dealer markup is only 7-9% then how the hell do they make money? Sure the cost of the car is high and every 1% is therefore higher than say a Honda Civic, but nevertheless, it is a luxury segment.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #34
BRAISKI
Colonel
Spain
98

 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada


Posts: 2,390
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604 Dude View Post
Based on what I see (n00b here!) you used European delivery. I would expect less of a discount on that. But nice car choice, awesome color!

Here is where I get lost, if the dealer markup is only 7-9% then how the hell do they make money? Sure the cost of the car is high and every 1% is therefore higher than say a Honda Civic, but nevertheless, it is a luxury segment.
Thats the thing I didn't ask for more since from Car Cost Canada the markup looks like 5-6%. But the thing too is that my car is fully loaded, so it looks like I got one of the options "free".

Mind you I was told that they don't normally give that much discount esp when I ordered or signed some papers for my car the the 2011s just came out few days.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #35
604 Dude
New Member
0

 
Drives: Nissan Altima SER 2005
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Thats the thing I didn't ask for more since from Car Cost Canada the markup looks like 5-6%. But the thing too is that my car is fully loaded, so it looks like I got one of the options "free".

Mind you I was told that they don't normally give that much discount esp when I ordered or signed some papers for my car the the 2011s just came out few days.
Thats very true, you have to pay to be one of the first to get the new model. Especially with the changes that 335 had from 2010 to 2011.

I still can't believe that their markup is so low... I thought it was over 15%! LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #36
BRAISKI
Colonel
Spain
98

 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada


Posts: 2,390
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604 Dude View Post
Thats very true, you have to pay to be one of the first to get the new model. Especially with the changes that 335 had from 2010 to 2011.

I still can't believe that their markup is so low... I thought it was over 15%! LOL
Ya I thought it was 10-15% even my friend that used to work as a sales person from Honda thought the same too.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #37
aspiring335
Major
Canada
36

 
aspiring335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E91 6MT
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 1,448
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
How did you get 15%? Margins are 7-9%
Margins are about 9.1% across the board, including base price and margin on options. I got a larger discount than that because I received $3,600 in incentives on top of the dealer discount. Overall I paid less than the dealer's cost.
__________________
2010 E91 328i xdrive. 6MT, Sports, Premium Sound, Navigation

2010 VW Touareg TDI, 2006 E90 330i, 2004 E46 325iT, 2003 MINI Cooper S (Retired)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST