E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #23
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SUB-ZERO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 997TT Arctic Silver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Cool, gonna have to try them. Do you like the recovery drink? I was looking into the Endurox R4 recovery drink. They are somewhat similar, but R4 is about 15 bucks cheaper if you take shipping into account.
It is ok...a creamy orange flavor (like the old school orange push pops).

However, I will probably go with a less expensive substitute when i run out.

-SZ
SUB-ZERO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Duhst
That Go
 
Duhst's Avatar
 
Drives: AW e90
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vegas?

Posts: 7,415
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Duhst
probably going to start the classic today!

wish me luck!
__________________
Duhst is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #25
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
It is ok...a creamy orange flavor (like the old school orange push pops).

However, I will probably go with a less expensive substitute when i run out.

-SZ
Good to know. Look in to the one I mentioned. (Lemon flavor) I hear it's good stuff.

Gl Duhst! Keep us updated!
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #26
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 12:55 AM   #27
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Completed day #4 just now. I was supposed to do the yoga x, but about 45 minutes in to it and what I thought was crap, I decided to switch it off with cardio x.

I've read a couple of peoples blogs and some replace yoga x with cardio x. This is what I'll be doing from now on. Yoga definitely isn't for me.

Last edited by McMuffin; 01-21-2010 at 01:17 AM.
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
 
Turbo>NA's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Sport LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal (626)

Posts: 3,762
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
+1
Also, what do your meals consist of? (In general, speaking to everyone.)

0700: Egg beaters with chicken pieces, 10oz orange juice.
0900: Homemade protein bar.
1100: Two turkey wraps in wheat tortillas with Italian salad and fat free 1000 island dressing with water.
1300: Apple
1500: Homemade protein bar.
1730: Salmon, brown rice, Italian salad and water.
1930: P90x day #4.
2030: Protein shake with fruits and skim milk.
2200: Zzz
If you replace that orange juice with either water or fill it half way and add water (mix it) you will see faster results.

regardless of bad or good sugar. Sugar is still Sugar. The reason im saying this is cause Im thinking you have it everyday which is wrong. Once in a while is cool. Or twice a week
__________________

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Turbo>NA is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
If you replace that orange juice with either water or fill it half way and add water (mix it) you will see faster results.

regardless of bad or good sugar. Sugar is still Sugar. The reason im saying this is cause Im thinking you have it everyday which is wrong. Once in a while is cool. Or twice a week
Yea thinking about drinking it once a week, but ill give your suggestion a try.
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
 
Turbo>NA's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Sport LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal (626)

Posts: 3,762
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Yea thinking about drinking it once a week, but ill give your suggestion a try.
Yea dude. I used to drink 8oz of it every morning and I didnt know how much sugar I was putting because says "'Orange juice is good for you," which in reality it is, but not every day or every serving.

I dont drink any juice, period. I got myself addicted to water. And its kind of had to squeeze anything else between drinking water everyday since I have to drink a gallon a day -__-
__________________

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Turbo>NA is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SUB-ZERO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 997TT Arctic Silver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
Yea dude. I used to drink 8oz of it every morning and I didnt know how much sugar I was putting because says "'Orange juice is good for you," which in reality it is, but not every day or every serving.

I dont drink any juice, period. I got myself addicted to water. And its kind of had to squeeze anything else between drinking water everyday since I have to drink a gallon a day -__-
+1

I do water and vitamin C chewables.
SUB-ZERO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
Bweezy311
Private First Class
 
Bweezy311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 195
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Hey, P90xers! Thought we can have our own thread to share some tips on the workouts, meals or whatever questions we may have.
Completed day 3 today (Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X.) All I can say is Ab ripper X is no joke! Keep pushing play guys!
I'd like to take credit for this thread! I totally recommended we do this in the other P90X thread, and I KNOW you saw it McMuffin!! Good stuff anyway!

Finished Day 3 yesterday, not that bad at all. My legs are still full of acid from doing plyometrics though! I'm walking like a fool around the office today!


As for my routine- I'll drink about 3-4 liters of water a day. After my workout I'll make about a 20oz protein shake with this, 2 scoops, using fat free milk. The big ol' 10pound bag of protein! I recommend everyone buy it. I've had strawberry, pretty good, but rocky road is the absolute best imo!

I also take omega-3 supplements (AN ABSOLUTE MUST), multi-vitamin, calcium (going into military, don't want to break bones in boot), and glucosamine (for my runs).

Last edited by Bweezy311; 01-21-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Bweezy311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #33
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweezy311 View Post
I'd like to take credit for this thread! I totally recommended we do this in the other P90X thread, and I KNOW you saw it McMuffin!! Good stuff anyway!

Finished Day 3 yesterday, not that bad at all. My legs are still full of acid from doing plyometrics though! I'm walking like a fool around the office today!


As for my routine- I'll drink about 3-4 liters of water a day. After my workout I'll make about a 20oz protein shake with this, 2 scoops, using fat free milk. The big ol' 10pound bag of protein! I recommend everyone buy it. I've had strawberry, pretty good, but rocky road is the absolute best imo!

I also take omega-3 supplements (AN ABSOLUTE MUST), multi-vitamin, calcium (going into military, don't want to break bones in boot), and glucosamine (for my runs).
I saw it, but if you saw one of my earlier posts I said I would start one, so you just reminded me.

Is it OK for me to eat the same thing day after day for my main meals? Egg beaters for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken or salmon for dinner.
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #34
Prowess Symphony
Major General
 
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

Posts: 5,859
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Im on week 2 of classic, my girl (in the avatar) is on week 3 of lean. We were both already in shape before and are using p90x now instead of going to the gym. I can do everything except all of the pull ups, and my girl can do the entire lean program no problems at all. My cardio and stretching is really being improved especially after my injury which caused me to get real stiff.

We take multivitamins, vegetable pills and a few other herbs and stuff. And we always eat healthy. So an ellypitcal, p90x and proper diet is how we are staying fit and healthy, without a gym and without much fuss.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #35
SPEZNAS92
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Studio City

Posts: 306
iTrader: (2)

I've practically gone vegetarian with my diet from the work out program... i substitute meat for tofu wherever I go and opt for the vegetarian dishes... with that and drinking naked fruit protein shakes (30g of protein per shake) I'm doing pretty good and have dropped 4 lbs and definitely notice it...

PS my goal is to get cut not huge so for me this works.
__________________
B6 Audi S4
B7 Audi S4
E46 BMW M3
E92 BMW 335i
E82 BMW 135i
SPEZNAS92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #36
Prowess Symphony
Major General
 
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

Posts: 5,859
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Heres what im having trouble with. My abs, which I never really worked before, hurt too much to do the pushups and some other stuff. So instead of the pushups I just lift weights working the same muscle groups. Probably not the best, but cant be helped.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #37
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
 
GreenPlease's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando Florida

Posts: 1,635
iTrader: (2)

I'm buying this tomorrow to hop on board with you guys
__________________
Cars>Women
GreenPlease is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #38
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Heres what im having trouble with. My abs, which I never really worked before, hurt too much to do the pushups and some other stuff. So instead of the pushups I just lift weights working the same muscle groups. Probably not the best, but cant be helped.
Is this happening even after taking the recovery drink?
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #39
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,081
iTrader: (4)

jus started round 2, i did it 2 years ago and it was great. 3 day in and im sooooo sore its kicking my butt.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Our Parts Store--> http://www.bmwpartspros.com
GOLFFRR is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,907
iTrader: (0)

Pulled my groin pretty bad last week, I didn't stretch enough and my legs were wobbly for days. P90x is the shit. I started back yesterday but doing lean this time around. Day 2 wish me luck...
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #41
Bweezy311
Private First Class
 
Bweezy311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 195
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
I saw it, but if you saw one of my earlier posts I said I would start one, so you just reminded me.

Is it OK for me to eat the same thing day after day for my main meals? Egg beaters for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken or salmon for dinner.
Haha, I'll have to check that one, but alright

Our body loves consistency, hence why P90X switches it up to cause confusion, causing growth. So meal wise, yes you're fine. However, try to fit some veggies and fiber in there. Get some vitamins too to make up for other nutrients you might be missing out on. Turkey sandwich ftw! Also, be aware of what stuff you put on a sandwich or chicken etc. Less is better. NO MAYO!
Bweezy311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #42
Bweezy311
Private First Class
 
Bweezy311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 195
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Heres what im having trouble with. My abs, which I never really worked before, hurt too much to do the pushups and some other stuff. So instead of the pushups I just lift weights working the same muscle groups. Probably not the best, but cant be helped.
Do the push ups halfway or even a quarter of the way and work your way lower and lower. You need to build your core, which is what is killing you. Regular stuff can help like having good posture while sitting, if you run keep your body straight so your core will get the workout as well. When doing the straight arm shoulder raises, do it standing on one foot. This is another way to build your core. Hope this helps.
Bweezy311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #43
Prowess Symphony
Major General
 
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

Posts: 5,859
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Is this happening even after taking the recovery drink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweezy311 View Post
Do the push ups halfway or even a quarter of the way and work your way lower and lower. You need to build your core, which is what is killing you. Regular stuff can help like having good posture while sitting, if you run keep your body straight so your core will get the workout as well. When doing the straight arm shoulder raises, do it standing on one foot. This is another way to build your core. Hope this helps.
I dont take the recovery drink. Just my own supplements and protein which I assume is the same thing.

Ive never worked my abs before, so a week of that ab ripper x, and my junk is sore. So i substitue the push ups for regular weight lifting, cause my abs are fine except when stressing them on the push ups. Id have to do girl pushups with the knees on the floor for my abs to be ok, my arms are fine though.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #44
doctor_vino
Captain
 
Drives: really slowly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 802
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I dont take the recovery drink. Just my own supplements and protein which I assume is the same thing.

Ive never worked my abs before, so a week of that ab ripper x, and my junk is sore. So i substitue the push ups for regular weight lifting, cause my abs are fine except when stressing them on the push ups. Id have to do girl pushups with the knees on the floor for my abs to be ok, my arms are fine though.
aint no shame in the lady pushups usually by the end of the workout i'm doin lady pushups as well.........especially on the diamond pushups........KILLER
doctor_vino is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST