E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aftermarket Replacement Speakers List



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #265
Nhe261
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335i 4 door
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 158
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
Yes but it's all close up pics is what I think he is referring to. You can't tell where anything even is.
The first picture is the front fire 12 in sub that f!acing the back seat snow board hole. The last picture is looking back of the hole. The woofer is covered with same color cloth though.
The 4 channel amp powers 2 underseat woofer and the 12 in sub. The stock amp will save some power for the others, it improves the sound quality also.
No need to change the stock amp, just update the front speakers and add an amp for the woofers. Approved.

Last edited by Nhe261; 06-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Nhe261 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #266
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhe261 View Post
The first picture is the front fire 12 in sub that f!acing the back seat snow board hole. The last picture is looking back of the hole. The woofer is covered with same color cloth though.
The 4 channel amp powers 2 underseat woofer and the 12 in sub. The stock amp will save some power for the others, it improves the sound quality also.
No need to change the stock amp, just update the front speakers and add an amp for the woofers. Approved.
I'm going to add an old box with 2 10" subs I still have laying around, with a mono amp to power that. Then in the future I will just update the stock amp with the Technic harness so it is all plug and play.
Viktimize is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #267
bigf42
New Member
 
Drives: 20i SE Auto Saloon
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wirral UK

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Could you show us a picture of the brackets for the Scanspeak 10F please
bigf42 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #268
rightaway
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

who makes a spacer that will make my CDT that have 4 bolt holes fit the 3 bolt factory door location?
rightaway is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #269
BMW3DK
New Member
 
Drives: M3 E93 / 320 E91
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: at the end of the tunnel

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

I made my adaptors for the Helix speakers from 8mm polycarbonate, but this guy sell steel adaptors: http://myworld.ebay.de/bassboxcaraudio/

Alternative is http://www.car-systems.de that sell them in Polycarbonate also.

(sorry - it is in Europe...)
BMW3DK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #270
hiphen
Registered
 
Drives: 2010 328
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Redondo Beach

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Hybrid Audio 4's

anybody know if these will fit in an e90?

http://store.12velectronics.com/miru...l-speaker-set/
hiphen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #271
freespace303
Future BMW owner!
 
Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Manassas VA

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to freespace303
What speakers will fit the rear panels in an E93 convertible?
freespace303 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #272
SolidSneak
New Member
 
Drives: 13 128i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Everywhere... Im very very sneaky sir

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

FYI

Focal has a PnP kit now Crutchfield sells them and Focal's link is below as well. One note Crutchfield does not list it directly so use the link I provided.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IFBM....html?tp=47095

http://www.focal.com/en/dedicated-dr...050750531.html
SolidSneak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #273
nato-main-man-5am
special
 
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 801
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSneak View Post
Focal has a PnP kit now Crutchfield sells them and Focal's link is below as well. One note Crutchfield does not list it directly so use the link I provided.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IFBM....html?tp=47095

http://www.focal.com/en/dedicated-dr...050750531.html
That looks very cool. Thanks for posting!
__________________
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations. For sale: Msport front & rear sways, springs, & rear struts; OEM 264 staggered sport rims -- the most aggressive OEM rims for the 1 series.
nato-main-man-5am is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #274
SolidSneak
New Member
 
Drives: 13 128i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Everywhere... Im very very sneaky sir

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato-main-man-5am View Post
That looks very cool. Thanks for posting!
NP I'm glad to help Im getting ready to undertake an audio upgrade in my 1 and I am looking for all options, so it was nice to see a kit that should be readily available in the US. I do wish they had an 8in woofer replacement as well though.
SolidSneak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #275
VP Electricity
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
VP Electricity's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: portland oregon

Posts: 3,176
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSneak View Post
Focal has a PnP kit now Crutchfield sells them and Focal's link is below as well. One note Crutchfield does not list it directly so use the link I provided.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IFBM....html?tp=47095

http://www.focal.com/en/dedicated-dr...050750531.html
I have not heard this kit (I have one here for testing, and I've test-fit it, but I haven't fired it up). However, I have two warnings about it:

- I would NOT put it into an E92/E93. It would require modification to the window track to fit.

- The low power rating is not just about the speaker motor's electrical capability. The passive crossovers use very small iron-core inductors to fit into the wiring heat-shrink. This means that above a certain voltage, the inductor will start to change its value and the crossover will actually "creep" on you. The passives on this kit are fundamentally different in quality than the standard passive in a Focal $600+ speaker.

I believe that they spec a 40W max? If you have a 40W amp that you want to run these on...
VP Electricity is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #276
SolidSneak
New Member
 
Drives: 13 128i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Everywhere... Im very very sneaky sir

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
I have not heard this kit (I have one here for testing, and I've test-fit it, but I haven't fired it up). However, I have two warnings about it:

- I would NOT put it into an E92/E93. It would require modification to the window track to fit.

- The low power rating is not just about the speaker motor's electrical capability. The passive crossovers use very small iron-core inductors to fit into the wiring heat-shrink. This means that above a certain voltage, the inductor will start to change its value and the crossover will actually "creep" on you. The passives on this kit are fundamentally different in quality than the standard passive in a Focal $600+ speaker.

I believe that they spec a 40W max? If you have a 40W amp that you want to run these on...
Nope just putting more options out there. But given the way these are setup id say they are more for someone who just wants to change out the stock speakers without doing major surgery.
SolidSneak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #277
kaigoss69
Colonel
 
kaigoss69's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (5)

These seem to be the less expensive Polyglass drivers with in-line crossovers which is a downgrade from the normal Polyglass component set. Having used the K2 Power 4" components myself, which are a step up for from the Polyglass, I have to say that this set at this price seems to be offering very little value. Sure, this is plug-n-play, but the Morel Hybrids, which are also available PnP from Ken, seem to be a much better choice here (no-brainer).
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > JL Audio HD600/4 > (3) Hybrid Audio L3SE & (2) Rainbow Cal25; JL Audio HD900/5 > (2) Morel HCW-10 & (1) IDMax 15
kaigoss69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #278
kaigoss69
Colonel
 
kaigoss69's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphen View Post
Hybrid Audio 4's

anybody know if these will fit in an e90?

http://store.12velectronics.com/miru...l-speaker-set/
Probably not!
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > JL Audio HD600/4 > (3) Hybrid Audio L3SE & (2) Rainbow Cal25; JL Audio HD900/5 > (2) Morel HCW-10 & (1) IDMax 15
kaigoss69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #279
VP Electricity
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
VP Electricity's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: portland oregon

Posts: 3,176
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
These seem to be the less expensive Polyglass drivers with in-line crossovers which is a downgrade from the normal Polyglass component set. Having used the K2 Power 4" components myself, which are a step up for from the Polyglass, I have to say that this set at this price seems to be offering very little value. Sure, this is plug-n-play, but the Morel Hybrids, which are also available PnP from Ken, seem to be a much better choice here (no-brainer).
They seem all new, actually. If they weren't BMW specific, I would think they'd be $150 -$200 less.
VP Electricity is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #280
pauloverton1981
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 330i MSport 2005
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bristol

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

I've just upgraded my 2005 e90 330i with the following;

Underseat : Audio Systems AX 08 BMW (Direct Replacement - They also do a 2ohm 'Plus' version)
Rear : Infinity Kappa 42.9i
Centre : Vibe Slick 4
Fronts : Rainbow Dreamline C4.2

All very easy to fit and you can get the whole lot for around 400, and after some (or maybe a lot, MS-8 it an interesting challenge) of tuning these sound pretty good together .

I have them driven by an MS-8 and JL XD400/4 (Fronts/Underseats).
pauloverton1981 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #281
kaigoss69
Colonel
 
kaigoss69's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
They seem all new, actually. If they weren't BMW specific, I would think they'd be $150 -$200 less.
Yeah, after looking at the pics it looks new. However, I betcha they used the old Polyglass design, with Polyglass cone (even says so in the technical papers on their website), changed the basket to plastic with integrated flange adapter, replaced neo magnet with a common ceramic one, and added the phase plug. Even power rating (40W RMS / 80W max) is the same as the old Polyglass 100 VRS. There's no reason they had to reinvent the wheel to make something PnP for the BMW.
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > JL Audio HD600/4 > (3) Hybrid Audio L3SE & (2) Rainbow Cal25; JL Audio HD900/5 > (2) Morel HCW-10 & (1) IDMax 15
kaigoss69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #282
fupac133
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area, Ca

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Does anybody know if the Focal 100 KRS would fit?
fupac133 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #283
kaigoss69
Colonel
 
kaigoss69's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupac133
Does anybody know if the Focal 100 KRS would fit?
Yes, same as 100KP
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > JL Audio HD600/4 > (3) Hybrid Audio L3SE & (2) Rainbow Cal25; JL Audio HD900/5 > (2) Morel HCW-10 & (1) IDMax 15
kaigoss69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #284
mitoticfigure
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 325i Sedan Sport MT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

How did the dreamlines fit? What spacer did you use? How did you connect them to the speaker wire connector?
mitoticfigure is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #285
ochakib
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

I have a quick question regarding rear speakers. I have E90 2011 HIFI with MS8 installed. I will be installing Focal IFBMW-S in the front doors. I am also looking at replacing the rear speakers and it seems that slick vibe 4 are discontinued. What other speakers can I use with MS8 ? I am not looking into adding an amp. Most of the speakers are discontinued on the list. Thanks.
ochakib is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #286
gte460z
Private
 
Drives: 2008 328xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Just got my IFBMW-S kit! Now I gotta figure out the xd600/6 settings (crossover points) I want to use... the rest of the speakers are stock, any suggestions? I have seen a few posts about the tweeter harshness, I'll report back on that tomorrow.
__________________
Georgia Tech Graduate, BS in Electrical Engineering
gte460z is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST