E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > First accident...oh the irony



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Big Al
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

First accident...oh the irony

So I am new to the forum and new to the world of 4 wheeled BMWs.

Thought some might be interested...

I just bought a Montego Blue 335 6MT with Lemon interior a few weeks ago and have been suprised at what I have been missing all these years. Beautifully well rounded car.

Here in the SF bay area it has been raining for the past few weeks and today's break in the weather finally gave me a chance to wash my ride. While taking it on a sunset cruise afterward for the final dry cycle, I had the jazz music flowing and loving the car, just high on life.

Suddenly something from the shadows runs out and into the side of my car, then gets dribbled underneath for a few feet. I flip a U and see that it was a coyote and pull into a parking lot to assess the damage.

With the flashlight, all I can see is coyote remnants and hair all over the side from the driver's door back and in the rear wheel well. Nothing broken, just dirty again.

I'll check tomorrow in the daylight to see how bad the damage really is.

The irony...
I have been coyote hunting about 5 times in the last year and even got a new rifle for Christmas. This is my first coyote kill and I was in the middle of suburbia.

(In the voice of The Most Interesting Man In the World),"Drive Safely my friends."
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
ibeclueless
What
ibeclueless's Avatar
93
Rep
9,331
Posts

 
Drives: E92 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

iTrader: (1)

sounds interesting but hopefully the damage is minimum
__________________
E92 328xi Space Gray
Aero Lip | M3 Side Skirts | CF Performance Spoiler | ACS Roof | Gloss Black Grilles | LUX H8 Angels | BMW Performance Exhaust

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
bsamoul
Major General
bsamoul's Avatar
No_Country
78
Rep
7,425
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to bsamoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
So I am new to the forum and new to the world of 4 wheeled BMWs.

Thought some might be interested...

I just bought a Montego Blue 335 6MT with Lemon interior a few weeks ago and have been suprised at what I have been missing all these years. Beautifully well rounded car.

Here in the SF bay area it has been raining for the past few weeks and today's break in the weather finally gave me a chance to wash my ride. While taking it on a sunset cruise afterward for the final dry cycle, I had the jazz music flowing and loving the car, just high on life.

Suddenly something from the shadows runs out and into the side of my car, then gets dribbled underneath for a few feet. I flip a U and see that it was a coyote and pull into a parking lot to assess the damage.

With the flashlight, all I can see is coyote remnants and hair all over the side from the driver's door back and in the rear wheel well. Nothing broken, just dirty again.

I'll check tomorrow in the daylight to see how bad the damage really is.

The irony...
I have been coyote hunting about 5 times in the last year and even got a new rifle for Christmas. This is my first coyote kill and I was in the middle of suburbia.

(In the voice of The Most Interesting Man In the World),"Drive Safely my friends."
Haha, killed the coyote without the gun. Impressive
__________________
-Brian
2X 2006 BMW 325i [Electric Red & Mystic Blue] | ZPP | V1 | Rear Fogs | M3 Lip Spoiler | EAS RemoteKey | BMS Powerbox | Projector90 Headlights w/ LED AE | LED plate lights | OEM Blacklines
http://www.tech-shine.com
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
thlax
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: 4.8 X5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Delaware

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to thlax
That sucks. Hope its not too bad .

Funny about the first kill tho!

It always happens right after you detail the car..
__________________
Current:
2007 X5 4.8 Black Saphire, Black leather, Sport, Premium, Tech, Cold, 20".
Past:
2010 335xi M Sport
2003.5 e46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
ianbiz
4th E90
ianbiz's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,136
Posts

 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
did you keep the receipt for the gun?
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Cool.

Better than all the stories of "I saw something in the road, it looked like a mouse, or a bear or I dont know what, so I swerved and drove my car off a cliff"
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
///mbimmer
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: E46
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Cool.

Better than all the stories of "I saw something in the road, it looked like a mouse, or a bear or I dont know what, so I swerved and drove my car off a cliff"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
Big Al
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

This might be an expensive lesson learned.

I was showing my son the carnage but it smelled so bad that I had to get out the hose and clean it off.

I don't think the insurance company will be interested in the fur and flesh river running from my driveway into the gutter, but thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
Dan in PA
Captain
Dan in PA's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
I don't think the insurance company will be interested in the fur and flesh river running from my driveway into the gutter, but thanks for the heads up.





__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
JoeyBananaz18's Avatar
49
Rep
3,763
Posts

 
Drives: metrocard
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Whitestone, NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
did you keep the receipt for the gun?
lmao
__________________
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
117
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Well at least you finally killed one. Better that than a deer
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #12
justakid88
Private First Class
No_Country
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: u crazy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: right here

iTrader: (0)

Road runner will never be caught now
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:38 AM   #13
Dan in PA
Captain
Dan in PA's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justakid88 View Post
Road runner will never be caught now


__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #14
cotmfk
Brigadier General
cotmfk's Avatar
40
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

Sorry you had an accident, OP. But, it wasn't bad, and you have spread mass laughter through the community with this thread!


Some of the responses are just so:
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
Bobble
Major
Bobble's Avatar
No_Country
16
Rep
1,217
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci/E30 325
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I feel your pain and the smell. I washed my E46 in the break during the rains as I've been driving it exclusively since I got the E90 detailed. A whole family of possums ran out the morning after I washed it and I think I took 2 generations out with that little incident. Had to find a spray off wash at lunch to get the gunk off the underside. How old is your son? No emotional scarring I hope!
__________________
08 E90 335i Monaco Blue Gray Dakota ZPP ZSP Heated Seats CA Step w/Paddles iPod
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
ianthegreat
Colonel
ianthegreat's Avatar
30
Rep
2,314
Posts

 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
Big Al
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post


Awesome!!!

After further review, no damage to report on the car.

My 5 year old son? Only time will tell...

RIP Wile E.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #18
Castel
Captain
Castel's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
742
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (6)

^^^ Hahaha, that's awesome!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
Quasimodem
Colonel
Quasimodem's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,257
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Looks like you angered the Coyote god.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
117
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Omg LOL. Hope you made that
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
Dan in PA
Captain
Dan in PA's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Omg LOL. Hope you made that



Lol yeah I did. I suck at Photoshop but I think it's pretty funny
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
117
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Lol yeah I did. I suck at Photoshop but I think it's pretty funny
It is, just because it doesn't look professional at all. Like you just read the thread and decided to make it to post in it it's great.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST