E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Fitting angels



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
chrissyw
New Member
 
Drives: E90 320d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Fitting angels

I've got an 06 pre lci E90 with standard halogen headlights. I want to fit some angels (halogen).

Can I just change the headlights or does the wiring need changing too?

Thanks.
chrissyw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
kwano888
Private
 
kwano888's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d & 320d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester

Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyw View Post
I've got an 06 pre lci E90 with standard halogen headlights. I want to fit some angels (halogen).

Can I just change the headlights or does the wiring need changing too?

Thanks.
I'm doing the same thing on my 2006 M Sport. Swapping the original headlights with facelift LCI halogen headlights. They are plug n' play and shouldn't need coding unless you want the AE (angel eyes) to stay on as DRL (daylight running lights) but then you will need to upgrade the FRM module to FRM2 or 3. Haven't got round to fitting mine yet.

Expect to pay 200 upwards for a decent pair.
__________________
330d M Sport Touring in Shapphire Black and 320d Saloon M Sport in Sparkling Silver !
kwano888 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2014, 04:30 AM   #3
chrissyw
New Member
 
Drives: E90 320d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwano888 View Post
I'm doing the same thing on my 2006 M Sport. Swapping the original headlights with facelift LCI halogen headlights. They are plug n' play and shouldn't need coding unless you want the AE (angel eyes) to stay on as DRL (daylight running lights) but then you will need to upgrade the FRM module to FRM2 or 3. Haven't got round to fitting mine yet.

Expect to pay 200 upwards for a decent pair.
Aren't LCI lights a different size to Pre LCI?
chrissyw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
Sensible_
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

Edit.


Just read your post again. If you want to pre lci halogen to lci halogen. Yes, it's an easy plug and play. The fit perfectly.

------

My original post when I thought you were putting in xenons. I've kept it just in case you are interested...



If you are going to do a proper retrofit you'll need FRM 2 or 3 for LCI xenon lights I believe. Possibly some coding as well. FRM 1 can be used with a lot of coding - I think Makkan had a thread on this a while ago. Expect to use a different wiring harness however.

Auto levelling should also be installed - there is a great DIY on this forum.

Finally headlamp washers should be fitted - this will require bumper modification. Bumper has to come off anyway when fitting the new clusters so why not?

Of course if you want to do it on the cheap I'd just stick in some DEPO xenon head lamps. I very much doubt you will find good condition OEM e90 xenon for under £500. Where as you can pick a pair of DEPOS up for half that amount.

Just something to think about...
Sensible_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Sensible_
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

Just to add. The angel eye rings on the LCI halogen cluster are pants. If you want the bright crisp, white light you see on the xenon lamps, and the new f series, you won't get it. Even if you replace the bulbs with LED's.
Sensible_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
IanS100
Colonel
 
IanS100's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southport UK

Posts: 2,595
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Just to add. The angel eye rings on the LCI halogen cluster are pants. If you want the bright crisp, white light you see on the xenon lamps, and the new f series, you won't get it. Even if you replace the bulbs with LED's.
+1 - LEDs look better as dusk but they're pants in daylight
IanS100 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST