E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Your opinion is appreciated! F430, 997.2 GT3RS, R8



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #67
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
22
Rep
1,904
Posts

 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

iTrader: (5)

check out http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ they are mainly Porches but has a bunch of diff exotics and whatnot.

If you are just looking for super fast machine and mainly use on the track, i would not take the F430. I think GT3 and GTR are better choices. I know GTR is not in the same exotic league as the other two but performance-wise, it's on par or better than (F430) most. it can be used as a daily and is much cheaper to own, maintaine, and mod.

for pimp factor and overall exoticness, nothing touches the Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #68
attila
Lieutenant
attila's Avatar
17
Rep
559
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 GT3RS, 2010 MX-5, 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Omaha, NE

iTrader: (0)

I just talked to the seller this morning.
I am not buying the F430 right now. First of all the deal was good but not "that" good. I felt I am rushed into a decision involving lots of money, a car i did not drive etc.
I would love to have a Ferrari, but it was not my original plan for now. If the car will be still available after a month (I have a feeling it will be) I will rethink my decision.

Again, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #69
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 vert's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,793
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
yup i love NA engines and the R8 V10 is awesome compared to the GTR. i love the 9300 rpm redline NA engine in the new lexus RFA but for almost 400k that is just nuts
You mean the LFA?

Its an amazing achievement, and there first year batch is already spoken for.

So i think that 400k was a bargain

You have to understand, the LFA is for someone who already has a few exotics in his garage, and is merely adding something different and unique to his collection!

The construction of the LFA with carbon fiber weave, which was designed in house is amazing. Only a few cars have been constructed this way, the Carerra GT and the mighty Enzo. Compared to those 2 cars 400k is peanuts
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 04:36 AM   #70
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
If you are still interested in the F430, Ferrari are now offering an extended warranty programme according to WorldCarFans.

Quote:
Ferrari has introduced a new warranty meant to attract used car buyers to their dealerships. Called the "POWER Warranty," the factory guarantee lasts two years, and covers vehicles up to eight-years-old certified by the Ferrari Approved program.

Existing customers are not left out in the cold. Those who already own a Ferrari, POWER, or Pre-Owned Warranty for Exclusive Retail, extends the company's standard three-year warranty on new cars by up to two years. It can then be used to only the electrics, engine, transmission, and trim for an additional four years. In the vehicle's tenth year, the warranty covers the engine and transmission only, according to the automaker's website.

If ownership of the car changes hands, the warranty will follow the vehicle. The guarantee can be picked up for vehicles with less than 90,000 km.

POWER can be obtained for V8-engined cars, including the 360 Modena, 360 Spider, Challenge Stradale, F430, F430 Spider, and 430 Scuderia, or their V12 cars, like the 550 Maranello, 550 Barchetta Pininfarina, 575M Maranello, Superamerica, 599 GTB Fiorano, and 612 Scaglietti.
Might be worth looking into.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #71
BMWGator
Captain
BMWGator's Avatar
7
Rep
654
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

I didn't even bother to read through this thread and everybody and their mother knows the correct answer is the F430. There is no other answer, period.
__________________
===============================

===============================
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #72
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGator View Post
I didn't even bother to read through this thread and everybody and their mother knows the correct answer is the F430. There is no other answer, period.
So in your opinion the only car worth considering is an F430. Maybe you should have read the entire thing and especially the opening comments he asked for, I know that ownership of any Ferrari can be an expensive one and it isn't unheard of for major service bills to run into what most people would consider the heart-attack zone. It's a great car as is all the ones mentioned but the bottom line is that the Ferrari will eat far and a way more of your hard earned cash and any of the others and you have to have this thought in your mind before jumping the gun................period.

P.S.
Personal opinion is if you intend to track the car on a regular basis then the only option should be the sole trackday car here, that is the GT3RS, not only will it stand the abuse but is the most rewarding on the track.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #73
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

i have you seen all the warranty voids for the GTR?? i wouldn't go near a track with that thing. it is a shame what Nissan is doing to such a good capable car. if all those things would be voided and would had to pay out of pocket then he mine as well get a F car. another member said now they restricted the 0-60 to 3.8 from where it was, WTF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
check out http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ they are mainly Porches but has a bunch of diff exotics and whatnot.

If you are just looking for super fast machine and mainly use on the track, i would not take the F430. I think GT3 and GTR are better choices. I know GTR is not in the same exotic league as the other two but performance-wise, it's on par or better than (F430) most. it can be used as a daily and is much cheaper to own, maintaine, and mod.

for pimp factor and overall exoticness, nothing touches the Ferrari.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #74
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

smart move, when buying a car and you are in a rush you will most likely not get a good deal, when your a calm and not in a rush like you seem to be most likely you will get a good deal and be the one with the upper hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
I just talked to the seller this morning.
I am not buying the F430 right now. First of all the deal was good but not "that" good. I felt I am rushed into a decision involving lots of money, a car i did not drive etc.
I would love to have a Ferrari, but it was not my original plan for now. If the car will be still available after a month (I have a feeling it will be) I will rethink my decision.

Again, thanks!
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #75
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

lmao yes i meant LFA ha ha. car was so amazing it had me mispell it lol

yeah i know i just meant for us mortal folk 400k is alot. to bad prob 399 of the 400 will just sit and collect dust in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
You mean the LFA?

Its an amazing achievement, and there first year batch is already spoken for.

So i think that 400k was a bargain

You have to understand, the LFA is for someone who already has a few exotics in his garage, and is merely adding something different and unique to his collection!

The construction of the LFA with carbon fiber weave, which was designed in house is amazing. Only a few cars have been constructed this way, the Carerra GT and the mighty Enzo. Compared to those 2 cars 400k is peanuts
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #76
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

i really agree with this. most people will just say F 430 right away bc most of the time what they hear about them is great bc most of them are not driven alot or strictly for track use. i know some will not agree but i am with you on this that the F car will be the most expensive if driven alot or tracked alot and if something goes wrong you will be lookin for the oh shit handles to hold onto your wallet unless you have the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
So in your opinion the only car worth considering is an F430. Maybe you should have read the entire thing and especially the opening comments he asked for, I know that ownership of any Ferrari can be an expensive one and it isn't unheard of for major service bills to run into what most people would consider the heart-attack zone. It's a great car as is all the ones mentioned but the bottom line is that the Ferrari will eat far and a way more of your hard earned cash and any of the others and you have to have this thought in your mind before jumping the gun................period.

P.S.
Personal opinion is if you intend to track the car on a regular basis then the only option should be the sole trackday car here, that is the GT3RS, not only will it stand the abuse but is the most rewarding on the track.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #77
onefastman
Major General
72
Rep
5,698
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth

iTrader: (15)

I know you said you would not go over but for an extra $35K you could get a used lp560-4 or you could always get a older Murcielago. What ever you decide you should drive every car you are considering because it is a very large sum to be spending. You want to make an educated decision.
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #78
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
I know you said you would not go over but for an extra $35K you could get a used lp560-4 or you could always get a older Murcielago. What ever you decide you should drive every car you are considering because it is a very large sum to be spending. You want to make an educated decision.
Again, just as costly to run as a Ferrari if not more so. Any how I would pick a R8v10 over either Lamborghini any day, it rides, handles and looks better, plus it's servicing cost is at Audi prices not Lambo ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #79
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

again i agree with this. since BMW is no longer gonna make a NA engine for its M cars i will not be buying another BMW again.

so i also like a true manual car and those are getting more rare by the day just like NA engines.

so i hope to get a nice used R8 V10 in a couple years when i get rid of my M3,hopefully by then i can get a decent price on one.

i really can't think of any other NA cars that are real manuals and would make a good all round driver and won't cost you a refinance on a house to maintain

thanks

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Again, just as costly to run as a Ferrari if not more so. Any how I would pick a R8v10 over either Lamborghini any day, it rides, handles and looks better, plus it's servicing cost is at Audi prices not Lambo ones.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #80
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
10
Rep
393
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Wow was this thread always about the RS and not the normal GT3?

In that case, easy choice man, take the GT3 RS. That thing is the most hardcore street legal closest you can get to a cup car model there is. I don't like any of the other Porsches really but this one is very nice.

Audi R8 might be more comfortable as well as the GTR. But if you want the most badass enthusiast ride out there, it's the GT3.

I wouldn't even consider the Ferrari. They can be quite beautiful but I prefer the GT3 RS sound and the reliability is embarassing with ferrari as are the prices for parts and labor. Maybe if you've been a lifelong hardcore ferrari fan. But even then, the GT3 RS is the best out there currently imo.

Patrick Dempsey is selling his: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...576982940.html



Maybe he's pickin up the new one.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #81
lib
Major
lib's Avatar
37
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: <This space for rent>
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ATX

iTrader: (0)

Only get the GT3 if you need to tow things with it and plan to use it as a daily driver...

(Yes, it really does have a trailer hitch. Yes, it really is his daily driver.)
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #82
MTV
Banned
Canada
56
Rep
1,906
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

F-car
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #83
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

i know i almost crashed when i saw one of these towing his racing track wheels and parts on a trailer couple months ago i did a triple take!!!

i live near the new Monticello Motor Club they built and it is bad ass and alot of P guys go there and drive up from the city. this guy had a sweet P car and was towing a 5 by 10 trailer with 2 sets of wheels and tires and bunch of gear and parts and tools looked like trailer was packed.

that is hardcore right there

so the GT3 is the only one that comes with or can get a hitch for?? can you put it on the GT3 RS if you needed to??

i ask bc i like a NA car over a turbo and i believe the RS is cheaper for us poor folk lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
Only get the GT3 if you need to tow things with it and plan to use it as a daily driver...

(Yes, it really does have a trailer hitch. Yes, it really is his daily driver.)
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #84
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

i read i nice write up about him in one of the car mags not to long ago. he races one of the circuits in the Mazda RX8 cars. he does quite well actually as a pro driver. his team placed pretty well last season they said

that car is sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post
Wow was this thread always about the RS and not the normal GT3?

In that case, easy choice man, take the GT3 RS. That thing is the most hardcore street legal closest you can get to a cup car model there is. I don't like any of the other Porsches really but this one is very nice.

Audi R8 might be more comfortable as well as the GTR. But if you want the most badass enthusiast ride out there, it's the GT3.

I wouldn't even consider the Ferrari. They can be quite beautiful but I prefer the GT3 RS sound and the reliability is embarassing with ferrari as are the prices for parts and labor. Maybe if you've been a lifelong hardcore ferrari fan. But even then, the GT3 RS is the best out there currently imo.

Patrick Dempsey is selling his: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...576982940.html



Maybe he's pickin up the new one.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #85
pearlwhites
First Lieutenant
pearlwhites's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
386
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, 06 CTT, 07 A8L
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post

i ask bc i like a NA car over a turbo and i believe the RS is cheaper for us poor folk lol
GT3RS and Turbo have identical sticker prices and GT3RS often sell for more...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #86
josephr25
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,458
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
GT3 RS if you're going to track. Hell if the build slots aren't full get the new one. You already discounted the F430.
__________________
"Yeah; well, my interior is better."
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:18 AM   #87
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
24
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

you mean a reg 911 turbo sell for the same or less. the GT2 Turbo is alot more then the RS right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlwhites View Post
GT3RS and Turbo have identical sticker prices and GT3RS often sell for more...
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #88
EDM92
Colonel
EDM92's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (9)

The GT3RS is a sweet ass car, but I mean a Ferrari is a Ferrari.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST