E90Post
 


Supreme Power Parts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > AKMotorwerk Tri-state area shop **NOW OPEN**



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #2619
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
3,206
Posts

Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (21)

Hey Alex or kevin
My car is currently at the dealership getting my water pump replaced and I told them when they change the water pump that you should change the thermostat as well but the advisor said there's no fault codes for the thermostat so they won't be replacing it...

Another thing a tech found that one of oil line going to the turbo is leaking and needs to be fixed.. They said it will cost $1,800 to replace one line?!!????? they said its a pita part to get to do its a 12 hour labor charge.....

Can you guys do it cheaper ????
__________________
Bagged and Wrapped E93 335i

Last edited by O HELLA BMW; 09-06-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #2620
parksjm7
Private
parksjm7's Avatar
5
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: E92 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edison, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2002 Honda  [0.00]
Valves getting walnut blasted tomorrow - see you guys there bright & early with my dslr!

**EDIT

So I had no idea how to use my dslr, and my iphone took better pictures

so here it is, just a quick, simple, sweet *after* photo


She's breathing much smoother now and feels pretty much brand new.

Thanks, you guys rock!

Last edited by parksjm7; 09-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #2621
parksjm7
Private
parksjm7's Avatar
5
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: E92 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edison, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2002 Honda  [0.00]
FYI: Be nice to the bees in the shop - I literally got stung by one but Alex' insurance took care of it for me.. anyhow, what a random occurrence - must be the first time anyone got stung by a bee servicing their car..
again, these guys are great and would go back to them when I'm ready for them downpipes and waterpump
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #2622
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
282
Rep
28,154
Posts

Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksjm7 View Post
FYI: Be nice to the bees in the shop - I literally got stung by one but Alex' insurance took care of it for me.. anyhow, what a random occurrence - must be the first time anyone got stung by a bee servicing their car..
again, these guys are great and would go back to them when I'm ready for them downpipes and waterpump

haha sorry you got stung, but i gotta say you took it like a trooper, alex would still be crying bout it
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #2623
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by parksjm7 View Post
Valves getting walnut blasted tomorrow - see you guys there bright & early with my dslr!

**EDIT

So I had no idea how to use my dslr, and my iphone took better pictures

so here it is, just a quick, simple, sweet *after* photo


She's breathing much smoother now and feels pretty much brand new.

Thanks, you guys rock!
Thanks for the kind words... glad the car is running better!!
Sorry about that bee
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #2624
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
haha sorry you got stung, but i gotta say you took it like a trooper, alex would still be crying bout it
HAHAHAHA.... this might be true!! LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #2625
bmwti
Private First Class
7
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: 12' 528xi, 08' 335i, 01' 330ci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [3.50]
2009 328i coupe  [2.75]
thanks again for the boot-lid install last night!

loved listening to Alex humm open condom style over and over and over again.

kevin-

this is for you!

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #2626
New JerZ
Private First Class
1
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, TX

iTrader: (0)

Can't wait for my valve cleaning, meth install and DPs. I am still shopping for an intercooler, preferably an ETS.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #2627
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
thanks again for the boot-lid install last night!

loved listening to Alex humm open condom style over and over and over again.

kevin-

this is for you!

HAHAHA... you're welcome Ted, CSL bootlid looks great!! Oh, and it was your fault that song was stuck in my head. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2628
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by New JerZ View Post
Can't wait for my valve cleaning, meth install and DPs. I am still shopping for an intercooler, preferably an ETS.
See you in about a week
I also replied to your PM, let me know if that FMIC arrives in time!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #2629
infinitigor
Captain
23
Rep
942
Posts

Drives: 13' 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Guys at akm are AWESOME

I came in today w/ a half malfunction light to the shop (so car was running terrible for a week til i got in), turns out my charge pipe blew off and was actually cracked, and the pin in my tmap sensor was bent.

Luckily they had an oem charge pipe laying around that fit my car perfectly (gave me an awesome price on it) and I was in and out in 40minutes.

Could not have imagined a better experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #2630
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor
Guys at akm are AWESOME

I came in today w/ a half malfunction light to the shop (so car was running terrible for a week til i got in), turns out my charge pipe blew off and was actually cracked, and the pin in my tmap sensor was bent.

Luckily they had an oem charge pipe laying around that fit my car perfectly (gave me an awesome price on it) and I was in and out in 40minutes.

Could not have imagined a better experience.
Thanks... Always happy to help igor. Glad your car is running good again with boost!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #2631
woptang22
Major
woptang22's Avatar
42
Rep
1,122
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

iTrader: (1)

Awsome guys at AK Motorwerk. I was there last week to have my rear fenders rolled. THey had me in and out in a very short period of time and gave me a great price. Along with being two funny, easy going guys, Alex and Kevin know their BMWs. By the way Alex, I ordered my tires for the wheels I was telling you about. I ended up going with the 265/30/19 rears instead of the 245/35/19 rears we discussed. I figured Id give it a try because the fatter tire just looks a whole lot better in my opinion. Im hoping the fender roll you did allows the 265 to have room. I hope I didnt make a bad decision. LOL. You think the 265/30/19 rears should fit? LOL Im hoping.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #2632
ge0rgieee
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

hey alex, how long does walnut blasting take to complete?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #2633
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22
Awsome guys at AK Motorwerk. I was there last week to have my rear fenders rolled. THey had me in and out in a very short period of time and gave me a great price. Along with being two funny, easy going guys, Alex and Kevin know their BMWs. By the way Alex, I ordered my tires for the wheels I was telling you about. I ended up going with the 265/30/19 rears instead of the 245/35/19 rears we discussed. I figured Id give it a try because the fatter tire just looks a whole lot better in my opinion. Im hoping the fender roll you did allows the 265 to have room. I hope I didnt make a bad decision. LOL. You think the 265/30/19 rears should fit? LOL Im hoping.
Thanks for the kind words John. We try to be very easy going and laid back. I think the 265's will be fine and look great!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #2634
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgieee
hey alex, how long does walnut blasting take to complete?
Hi, we can have you in and out in about 2.5 hours.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2635
saxon
Captain
98
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: s4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa

iTrader: (3)

hey alex can you pm me with a quote to do the cam journal bearings, valve cover gasket, and water pump/thermo

i will provide the parts
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #2636
DJJG-KWSW
Private
DJJG-KWSW's Avatar
0
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

You guys do body work?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #2637
Joe-
Lieutenant
8
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenwich CT

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AKMotorwerk View Post
Hi, we can have you in and out in about 2.5 hours.
Pm me price for Valve Cover Gasket, walnut blasting, Oil filter gasket, spark plug replacement

I am lazy, depending on price depends on me doing some things myself :P
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #2638
bmwti
Private First Class
7
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: 12' 528xi, 08' 335i, 01' 330ci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [3.50]
2009 328i coupe  [2.75]
Congrats Alex, on your marriage!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #2639
sickem
Freude am fahren
sickem's Avatar
25
Rep
1,958
Posts

Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
Congrats Alex, on your marriage!
Congrats! Kevin must've looked so pretty in white!
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #2640
Alex@AKMotorwerk
Alex@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
9,339
Posts

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti
Congrats Alex, on your marriage!
Thanks Ted....
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ak motorwerk ftmfw!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST