E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My official N54 turbo upgrade build



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #551
dzenno
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

Posts: 5,884
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
yes........
relaaaxx
dzenno is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #552
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mwahlert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
this is so nasty.
mwahlert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #553
marconi118
Captain
 
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

Posts: 934
iTrader: (0)

ideal would be to have the max possible PSI all over from 2Krpm to redline
marconi118 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #554
stealth-twntrbo
Lieutenant
 
stealth-twntrbo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan

Posts: 517
iTrader: (2)

So i guess its fair to say that its putting down 425-440 whp with a much better power curve and around 450 whp torque, on a mustang dyno thats pretty impressive. I can't wait to see the pricing on this!!
__________________
92 Stealth TT 403 AWHP SOLD, 06 M3 ZCP SOLD
(Totaled 3/26/12): '08 335i Procede v5 Rev II AFE DCI. AMS Catback Prototype. CP-E Charge Pipe HKS BOV. Raceland DP's. ETS FMIC
Current: '14 328i xDrive M Sport Alpine White
stealth-twntrbo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #555
dzenno
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

Posts: 5,884
iTrader: (1)

stg 3+ is tapering boost towards redline afaik ... planning to get shiv get that changed and get a custom map?
dzenno is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #556
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

dzenno if you back-read some (i know there is a lot of garbage in this thread to sort through) I wasn't running stage 3+ with the upgraded turbos. The dyno is comparing stage 3+ on the stock turbos vs. upgraded turbos and more boost with a different map. Shiv was on the phone with us all day sending new maps to try based on info we were giving him.
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #557
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 467
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
i need to shift, getting an automatic was never in the playbook. actually I've never even owned an auto in my life
+9328432987 even my 93 4runner is a 5spd !!

sorry for the OT... but yea... owning a car is about driving... shifting is part of driving....
inthemiddle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #558
TiAg335i
Trance Life
 
TiAg335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 4,710
iTrader: (4)

threads like these are pointless..come out with the pricing, availability, power data ONLY when all that data is available.

i don't understand why you would tease everyone, make it go on for 26 pages, then chastise them for speculation.
TiAg335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #559
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-twntrbo View Post
So i guess its fair to say that its putting down 425-440 whp with a much better power curve and around 450 whp torque, on a mustang dyno thats pretty impressive. I can't wait to see the pricing on this!!

non-xi 335's make 20+whp more on a mustang dyno, for instance a completely stock 335i made 250whp/280wtq on this dyno. While in "valet" mode (stock boost/timing) but with all my mods I made 250awhp/280awtq. You can really see the difference on these types of dynos. The 205/65 snow tires on my car probably didn't help in any way, but you get the idea. (i'll be back on this dyno with my summer wheels/tires in a few weeks just to see the difference).

So that being said, I won't be up around 425awhp on a mustang dyno with pump gas but there will be a significant delta to be had.

I WILL be going to a dynojet in a few weeks that I have a baseline at and many other pulls so we'll have some good comparisons from there.. comparisons people on here will be more used to seeing.
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #560
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
threads like these are pointless..come out with the pricing, availability, power data ONLY when all that data is available.

i don't understand why you would tease everyone, make it go on for 26 pages, then chastise them for speculation.
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you neglected to read the title of the thread which clearly stated this was a "build" thread. I also didn't realize someone forced you at gun point to read the whole thing hoping for something different.

I told everyone my build time-frame throughout, posted updates as they happened, and posted up data as I got it. I think there are a few people who appreciated it. This forum has been very boring lately, I would have enjoyed a thread like this a month or so ago... instead of just sitting around complaining that nothing is getting done in the upgraded turbo world, I went and GOT stuff done.
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing


Last edited by jpsimon; 03-15-2010 at 11:41 AM.
jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #561
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
 
Syndicategt's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 3,732
iTrader: (11)

^ gives me something to do/read while at work
__________________
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Syndicategt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #562
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
 
lpphreakx06's Avatar
 
Drives: SG 335i E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellevue, Wa

Posts: 7,226
iTrader: (25)

Nice numbers.
__________________

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
lpphreakx06 is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #563
skillz911
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 121
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
threads like these are pointless..come out with the pricing, availability, power data ONLY when all that data is available.

i don't understand why you would tease everyone, make it go on for 26 pages, then chastise them for speculation.


You'll get over it, this process has happened very quickly and we all appreciate the efforts put in.
skillz911 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #564
ClarkGriswold
Private First Class
 
ClarkGriswold's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i, Audi Q7
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you neglected to read the title of the thread which clearly stated this was a "build" thread. I also didn't realize someone forced you at gun point to read the whole thing hoping for something different.

I told everyone my build time-frame throughout, posted updates as they happened, and posted up data as I got it. I think there are a few people who appreciated it. This forum has been very boring lately, I would have enjoyed a thread like this a month or so ago... instead of just sitting around complaining that nothing is getting done in the upgraded turbo world, I went and GOT stuff done.
It is amazing to me that people get upset or mad at you for upgrading your turbos and posting the progress.

JP isn't a vendor. He doesn't owe the forum anything. He can go about his life and upgrade whatever he wants to his car, and doesn't have to give updates to no-names all across the world.
ClarkGriswold is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #565
alextremo
Captain
 
Drives: F10 550i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 919
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
non-xi 335's make 20+whp more on a mustang dyno, for instance a completely stock 335i made 250whp/280wtq on this dyno. While in "valet" mode (stock boost/timing) but with all my mods I made 250awhp/280awtq. You can really see the difference on these types of dynos. The 205/65 snow tires on my car probably didn't help in any way, but you get the idea. (i'll be back on this dyno with my summer wheels/tires in a few weeks just to see the difference).

So that being said, I won't be up around 425awhp on a mustang dyno with pump gas but there will be a significant delta to be had.

I WILL be going to a dynojet in a few weeks that I have a baseline at and many other pulls so we'll have some good comparisons from there.. comparisons people on here will be more used to seeing.
Are you going to ICS? Might be worth the trip down from MA to check it out. Maybe a dyno day?
alextremo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #566
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

Yeah I'll most likely go to ICS, I have the most dyno data from there
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #567
dzenno
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

Posts: 5,884
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
It is amazing to me that people get upset or mad at you for upgrading your turbos and posting the progress.

JP isn't a vendor. He doesn't owe the forum anything. He can go about his life and upgrade whatever he wants to his car, and doesn't have to give updates to no-names all across the world.
+1000000

jp, respect...
dzenno is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #568
GGreek5
Olimpiakos
 
GGreek5's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mass

Posts: 1,243
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Yeah I'll most likely go to ICS, I have the most dyno data from there
I heard Big Al doesnt work there anymore. lol. They finally bounced him outta there.
GGreek5 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #569
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 8,999
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreek5 View Post
I heard Big Al doesnt work there anymore. lol. They finally bounced him outta there.
haha oh yeah? man he harassed the SHIT out of me during that dyno day we had there.
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #570
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you neglected to read the title of the thread which clearly stated this was a "build" thread. I also didn't realize someone forced you at gun point to read the whole thing hoping for something different.

I told everyone my build time-frame throughout, posted updates as they happened, and posted up data as I got it. I think there are a few people who appreciated it. This forum has been very boring lately, I would have enjoyed a thread like this a month or so ago... instead of just sitting around complaining that nothing is getting done in the upgraded turbo world, I went and GOT stuff done.
Ignore the idiot and keep us updated as best you can man. You're right, this forum as been really boring lately and this process you're going through is really exciting. Thanks.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #571
a32guy
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: SG 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 324
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreek5 View Post
I heard Big Al doesnt work there anymore. lol. They finally bounced him outta there.
Yeah he's over at Pruven (for) now.
a32guy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #572
klipseracer
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 3,012
iTrader: (27)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to klipseracer
JP, Ignore the trolls. It looks really bad when people are mad at you because they want something really bad. Once, I posted about possibly upgrading my turbos and got flamed to the ground. Although my topic held less water than yours since I currently am not in the process, don't let them get you down... Now, on the other hand, I'll be the first one to try and bring the price down by downplaying its capability and therefore degrading the value so the price is easier for me to aquire, but it looks like you're doing a damn good job of holding the value in your product so, i'll concede

Looks good, I think this will be a great, fantastic upgrade for many people who are on a more realistic budget and will add another common upgrade path element not only for us, but our other competition on the road will know about.

When I see a supra, that big single possibility is always something I'm considering before I start acting too cocky and soon we'll be there too. Thanks for being the Guinea pig!
klipseracer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST