E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #1145
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I like Vitor as well, Rumble Johnson is cool guy and I generally cheer for him but I've been a Vitor fan for way longer, but this is a close fight, wouldnt be surprised if Johnson wins.

I think Aldo wins also, Mendez is a great wrestler but the only people to survive w/ Aldo have had close to elite striking and Mendez is still far from that. Aldo's take down defense has looked pretty good (sans gasing out in the Hominick fight) and w/ help from Maynard, it should be even better.

Palhares should win also, unless he has another mental relapse. Very excited to see Erick Silva again, looked fantastic in his last fight

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim is going to be amazing, flip a coin on this one

and yea, poor Gonzaga will prob end up getting KOed again, Oliveira has nasty power and is a pretty big dude
You are right, Aldo should be better this time around. Palhares is a Bradley machine with biceps, he is super tough physically. I been anti-gonzaga since the Mirko fight, and almost kissed the TV when Carwin turned his lights off. Vitor has been somewhat inconsistent lately, one day he is good but sucks on the other. My heart stopped for a few seconds once Silva dropped him last feb, i had high hopes for him
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #1146
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
You are right, Aldo should be better this time around. Palhares is a Bradley machine with biceps, he is super tough physically. I been anti-gonzaga since the Mirko fight, and almost kissed the TV when Carwin turned his lights off. Vitor has been somewhat inconsistent lately, one day he is good but sucks on the other. My heart stopped for a few seconds once Silva dropped him last feb, i had high hopes for him
Vitor is 6-1 in his last 7 fights. I think he's been pretty consistent. That one loss was to the Spyder.
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #1147
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
yea, Vitor has been pretty solid IMO. getting KOed by a crazy kick no one has ever saw in MMA in nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, Akiyama tried the same kick which lead to him getting KOed by Vitor, so he's learned. Plus, he is finally training the way MMA fighters are suppose to, not relying on just talent like before. Training w/ GSP and Greg Jackson, had to be huge for him
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1148
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Anyone that wears sweet pants like that is bound to dominate...

Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #1149
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Vitor is 6-1 in his last 7 fights. I think he's been pretty consistent. That one loss was to the Spyder.
I guess i should have explained what i meant by that. I wasn't talking about his winning performance, i was talking about his motivation and aggression. During the Silva fight he was hesitating to engage but he almost tore Sexy's head off next time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, Vitor has been pretty solid IMO. getting KOed by a crazy kick no one has ever saw in MMA in nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, Akiyama tried the same kick which lead to him getting KOed by Vitor, so he's learned. Plus, he is finally training the way MMA fighters are suppose to, not relying on just talent like before. Training w/ GSP and Greg Jackson, had to be huge for him
My mom lives outside of Philly and i took her to see Evans vs Ortez before i deployed. She said that she liked Vitor and Hallman's panties. He is a part of Greg's camp now? I thought he was still with Randy.
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #1150
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
not sure if he's there permanently but on the countdown show, he was training there along w/ GSP, right before he really messed up his leg

and lol at the sweat pants but anyone who marries one of Brazils hottest women, gets a pass
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #1151
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
I guess i should have explained what i meant by that. I wasn't talking about his winning performance, i was talking about his motivation and aggression. During the Silva fight he was hesitating to engage but he almost tore Sexy's head off next time around.

My mom lives outside of Philly and i took her to see Evans vs Ortez before i deployed. She said that she liked Vitor and Hallman's panties. He is a part of Greg's camp now? I thought he was still with Randy.
I'm not sure if I agree on the Vitor v Silva fight. IMHO, Vitor came out far too aggressive and ending up throwing a couple wild haymakers that would have KO'd Silva if they landed. Silva loves to counterstrike so this was ideal for him. After the fight and to this day Vitor says he shouldn't have been so aggressive too.

As for Vitor moving to Greg Jackson's camp. I'm not sure if it's permanent as I know Vitor likes to move around from camp to camp. I have a feeling he will stay or come back to Greg Jackson's camp though as he seems very happy to train there.
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #1152
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

I send KFlo my best regards. I never rooted for him but i have nothing against at the same time.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...45bd6cbb14d255


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...C.SMsRktE9Eo14

Man i hope he weighs in at 205 or lower, i want to see this fight
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #1153
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

What an idiot, good way to piss off your boss Rumble
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #1154
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Vitor!
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #1155
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Aldo by knee, wooo
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #1156
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Its been a loooooong time since i seen the whole card end in stoppages. I thought Vitor was done but he came back...I didn't see that knee coming from Jose and WTF was he doing in the crowds?
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #1157
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
Its been a loooooong time since i seen the whole card end in stoppages. I thought Vitor was done but he came back...I didn't see that knee coming from Jose and WTF was he doing in the crowds?
Aldo was celebrating with his fellow countrymen. He lived in the ghettos back in Rio. He's the people's champ in Rio.

Damn amazing finishes in this ppl.

From Barboza's incredible kick, to Palhares's vicious heel hook, to Vitor's great comeback and lastly, Aldo's KNEE OF DEATH with 2 punches.

Great stuff

I hope johnson gets cut and forced to go to Strikeforce. Dude misses weight 3 times already and this time by THAT MUCH? wtf -_-;

Last edited by Garduna; 01-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #1158
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

^I think you mean AJ
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #1159
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
^I think you mean AJ
Ya was rumble not Aldo
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #1160
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Poor team alpha male, 0-2 versus Aldo. Man what a vicious knee that was, so damn fast too.
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #1161
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

Amazing fights today!!
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #1162
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
sick fucking card that was, Barboza kick is prob going to be KO of the year and that knee from Aldo was something else, guess Maynard wasn't exaggerating after all.

i was a little scared for a min but Vitor pulled through, like i knew he would. and man, when Poulharis is on his game, he's one dangerous dude

the only black eye of the night, was that BS call of Erick Silva being DQed, the replay clearly showed only 1 landing flush in the back of the head and another borderline, you could even see it in the refs face when Rogan called him out, he knew he fucked up
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #1163
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
sick fucking card that was, Barboza kick is prob going to be KO of the year and that knee from Aldo was something else, guess Maynard wasn't exaggerating after all.

i was a little scared for a min but Vitor pulled through, like i knew he would. and man, when Poulharis is on his game, he's one dangerous dude

the only black eye of the night, was that BS call of Erick Silva being DQed, the replay clearly showed only 1 landing flush in the back of the head and another borderline, you could even see it in the refs face when Rogan called him out, he knew he fucked up

Yeah, the erik silva call was pretty bad. it was clearly one minor hit that wasn't even intentional. I mean he pelted the other dude with almost 15+punches and you could tell he was trying to aim for the side of the head.
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #1164
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Anthony Johnson officially cut from the UFC, like most thought would happen if the lost. The best he can hope for, is for there still to be an opening in the 185 tourney in Bellator. I doubt Strikeforce would want him but you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Yeah, the erik silva call was pretty bad. it was clearly one minor hit that wasn't even intentional. I mean he pelted the other dude with almost 15+punches and you could tell he was trying to aim for the side of the head.
yea, exactly. At least he got his win bonus and he can easily win the appeal since its the UFC call since there is no official commission in Brazil but think he can only get a no contest at best
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #1165
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

For tomorrow's card...

I got Miller via something fatal. I can't stand that blonde headed coke snorting twatty cunt.

Ludwig via something that is Muay Thai related.

Pat Barry via anything. He CANNOT afford to lose, no matter what.
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #1166
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

HD!!!!
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mma > boxing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST