E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #111
lacerdaschoon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: SRT6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Silva vs Sonnen

I think this is a straight forward fight. If Sonnen can't get Silva down he losses if he can several times he has half a chance. Now Chael has been running his mouth and I have to say I find it entertaining he deffinately has good smack talk. Sonnen says he is bringing something new to MMA.. That being telling the truth. I'm going to question a few of these... He claims Anderson has been ducking him for four years. Only the UFC chooses who the tittle holder fights and there's no choice/opinion excuse to get out of it. Infact u have a better chance to duck a fight if u aren't a champ that happens all the time, as Champ u have no choice, fake an injury and u will find that same number one contender still waiting. Very recently Chael and Anderson were on a phone conferance answering questions. Silva was being rather boring replying yes and no to fans questions about how Chael has been dissing him. Silva had no response and reaction to give. There's no secret that Sonnen dislikes Silva and is trying to get under his skin What I found amusing however was the outburst of frustration and anger from Sonnen in the way Silva doesn't aknowlege Sonnens abusive words. To me it seems Sonnens antics have backfired Silva couldn't care less and that really seemed to piss Chael off. I've heard Chael talk of how he plans to end Silvas 15mins of fame but in truth not many people listened nor knew to much of Sonnen before this tittle fight. He has caught my attention (good on him) but the fact is Silva has been the champ for four years and come August 7th Chael Sonnens 15mins will be up and we all will be hearing... And still the middle weight champion of the world.... Anderson the Spider Silva...

Last edited by lacerdaschoon; 07-29-2010 at 03:26 AM.
lacerdaschoon is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 05:09 AM   #112
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon View Post
Silva vs Sonnen

I think this is a straight forward fight. If Sonnen can't get Silva down he losses if he can several times he has half a chance. Now Chael has been running his mouth and I have to say I find it entertaining he deffinately has good smack talk. Sonnen says he is bringing something new to MMA.. That being telling the truth. I'm going to question a few of these... He claims Anderson has been ducking him for four years. Only the UFC chooses who the tittle holder fights and there's no choice/opinion excuse to get out of it. Infact u have a better chance to duck a fight if u aren't a champ that happens all the time, as Champ u have no choice, fake an injury and u will find that same number one contender still waiting. Very recently Chael and Anderson were on a phone conferance answering questions. Silva was being rather boring replying yes and no to fans questions about how Chael has been dissing him. Silva had no response and reaction to give. There's no secret that Sonnen dislikes Silva and is trying to get under his skin What I found amusing however was the outburst of frustration and anger from Sonnen in the way Silva doesn't aknowlege Sonnens abusive words. To me it seems Sonnens antics have backfired Silva couldn't care less and that really seemed to piss Chael off. I've heard Chael talk of how he plans to end Silvas 15mins of fame but in truth not many people listened nor knew to much of Sonnen before this tittle fight. He has caught my attention (good on him) but the fact is Silva has been the champ for four years and come August 7th Chael Sonnens 15mins will be up and we all will be hearing... And still the middle weight champion of the world.... Anderson the Spider Silva...
I have to agree with you on all of these points fellow 1addict. Anderson is a smart competitor, he knows he is not immortal and I think he is onto Sonnen's tactic to try and get under his skin. He is definitely doing well to make nothing of it and let his hands go in the Octagon in due time. It's ironic that Sonnen's tactic has backfired on him. He is obviously frustrated by the whole situation and I think it's going to affect his mentality going into the fight.

The fact of the matter is Anderson has proven himself to be the best in the business at 185. On August 7th he will prove to the world once again why he is the champion. He has not only beaten opponents but he has outclassed every one of them. He makes great fighters look like amateurs and I believe his dancing is all a part of his game plan to throw of his opponents.

MMA is a physical game as well as a mental game which he has mastered quite well. My money is on Silva, not only against Sonnen but against anyone I see in his future at the moment. I don't see any real threat to his belt at 185, I'd be keen to see him step up to 205 which is where I think he belongs.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #113
Daniel135i
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Anderson is a Joke, Sonnen for president. 2nd round GNP for Chael.

Silva has no plans to move weight, he will retire at 185 like he said because hes a bitch, and doesnt want to get hurt.
Daniel135i is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #114
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Anderson is a Joke, Sonnen for president. 2nd round GNP for Chael.

Silva has no plans to move weight, he will retire at 185 like he said because hes a bitch, and doesnt want to get hurt.


No mma fighter is a bitch, that is just incredibly stupid.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #115
Daniel135i
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
I dont call him a bitch for him being a fighter, its how he acts, and he acts like a bitch. Dont get your brain all twisted on what I posted, it wasnt cryptic. If you couldnt see that, your incredibly stupid.
Daniel135i is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #116
lacerdaschoon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: SRT6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

And Sonnen is a stand up guy... I think he is semi racist but thats just me..

Anybody see Jones dominate and dissmantle Matysuchenko? UFC have got to give him a real tough opponent now he is just crushing everyone in his path, super impressive i really like that kid
lacerdaschoon is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #117
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
I dont call him a bitch for him being a fighter, its how he acts, and he acts like a bitch. Dont get your brain all twisted on what I posted, it wasnt cryptic. If you couldnt see that, your incredibly stupid.
Yeah because you really know how he acts. I've met him, few people I know know him. He's not a bitch at all, but if you can be an internet warrior all you want.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #118
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

They put bones up against some old Russian guy I have never heard of.

Then he put's him away in less than 2 minutes in the first round.. Ru serious 205 is stacked and there is better opponents out there!
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #119
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
That Russian old guy is legacy UFC. He was once pretty good but the game has involved so much since then.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #120
lacerdaschoon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: SRT6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Loved the weigh in, classic Silva
Sunday couldnt come soon enough
lacerdaschoon is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #121
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,948
iTrader: (0)

Silva Best P4P No Doubt

I've purposely avoided this thread because I've been overseas the past couple weeks and have not had a chance to see Fight Night with Bones Jones. Anyways, I had to go onto the UFC website anyway to watch the Countdown and am about to watch the Weigh-ins and saw the result anyway! Do'h

I can't wait to see Silva take on Sonnen. IMHO this will could potentially be one of his most memorable fights. Seriously, what is Sonnen thinking? Who wants to fight a motivated Anderson Silva? He is the real deal, a world-class MMA fighter. So far he has put away all of his Wins with ease. I've seen most of his fights and he's improved so much over the years and I'm sure we will see some new moves from his expanding skill-set during this fight.

This will be a showcase of his talent and skill and I don't see the fight going for very long unless Anderson chooses to humiliate Sonnen and intentionally prolong his beating. And why wouldn't he? IMO Sonnen has made a fool of himself, although I personally enjoy his antics and smacktalk he needs to understand that the fight is now personal and he's going to get owned. Whichever way you look at it, Silva will win. On paper he has better stats and his form has been phemonenal, we are seeing the best Silva we've ever seen.

I believe as MMA fans we are blessed to see such a fighter compete in mixed martial arts today, he is extremely talented and regardless of whether we take a liking to his personality he deserves a great deal of respect for his accomplishments. The only way I see Sonnen winning the fight is if Silva gets DQ for an illegal blow (which is how he lost 1 of his 4 losses on his official record).

I'm saying this now to all the nay-sayers who think Anderson will get KO'd. Sure you might like to see it but the chances of it happening are very slim. Silva is way too talented and a motivated Silva promising to deliver all the goods will destroy Sonnen and never make him want to fight him again.

Let the countdown being, I'm off to watch the weigh-in's. Go Silva!
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #122
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,948
iTrader: (0)

I just saw the weigh ins. There is definitely a lot of built up tension between the 2 fighters and the crowd showed overwhelming favouritsm towards Silva. I think he handled the stare-down really well which I believe is very important for the mentality of the fighter going into the fight. What a champion.

I can't wait to see which weapon he uses to KO Sonnen. The amount of trash Sonnen has been talking he should consider a career in WWE instead.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #123
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

Let's see...Silva beat up Dan Henderson..the best wrestler in the division and a better striker than Sonnon...so do you think he will do better?

I say he will try to take The Champ down and might have some success but he will eventually get KO'd.
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #124
Htown09
Captain
 
Htown09's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 780
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Anderson is a Joke, Sonnen for president. 2nd round GNP for Chael.

Silva has no plans to move weight, he will retire at 185 like he said because hes a bitch, and doesnt want to get hurt.
Why did he move to 205 then to bitch slap griffen and that other big dude.

On a side note, how many Itailian chicks did you bag... so far?
Htown09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #125
twoturboz
Captain
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CA

Posts: 738
iTrader: (0)

holy shit comeback
__________________
twoturboz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #126
E90 87ss
Lieutenant
 
E90 87ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i, W212 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ/Philly

Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
holy shit comeback
That was amazing.
E90 87ss is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #127
twoturboz
Captain
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CA

Posts: 738
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
That was amazing.
i dont really have words for that fight.
i left the room i was over watching him get his ass beat for 20+ minutes and my dad just started yelling at me to come in and i caught it just in time.

couldn't believe it
__________________
twoturboz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #128
Daniel135i
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Let's see...Silva beat up Dan Henderson..the best wrestler in the division and a better striker than Sonnon...so do you think he will do better?

I say he will try to take The Champ down and might have some success but he will eventually get KO'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Why did he move to 205 then to bitch slap griffen and that other big dude.

On a side note, how many Itailian chicks did you bag... so far?


He went up to test the waters, but he doesnt like the talent pool, so he stated HIMSELF, he will retire at 185. That is directly from his mouth. (- the talent pool shit)

Dan Hendo is a great striker, with good wrestling, and not to technical on the ground, as we saw.

Chael Sonnen, IS the best ground game man in the division for strength, technique, ground n pound, bar none. I said that already, or to that affect.


I dont bag Italian chicks, I have been married for 11 years, shes American, were both Military.



Overall I call for immediate rematch, ala Penn/Edgar. Sonnen will not make that mistake again.

And what was with all the bullshit bandwagon fans???????? Pieces of shits dont deserve to be in the arena. Come out Booing Chael on the walkout, Cheering Sonnen. Then, after round two they all start chanting USA USA, fucking bandwagon fagots. Then they go on to chant Sonnens name. I hate all them switchback retards who dont know what the hell is going on so they pick the guy who is popular. Retards all the way.


CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
Daniel135i is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #129
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (12)

Just WOW!
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #130
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

How bout that Struve v. Morecraft fight?! That was fucking awesome.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #131
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,277
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Overall I call for immediate rematch, ala Penn/Edgar. Sonnen will not make that mistake again.

And what was with all the bullshit bandwagon fans???????? Pieces of shits dont deserve to be in the arena. Come out Booing Chael on the walkout, Cheering Sonnen. Then, after round two they all start chanting USA USA, fucking bandwagon fagots. Then they go on to chant Sonnens name. I hate all them switchback retards who dont know what the hell is going on so they pick the guy who is popular. Retards all the way.


CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
lol We all wanna see a rematch, if Anderson really had a rib injury it would explain a lot. You could tell something was bothering him as his movement was slow at times.

you cant be mad at the crowd, they flip flop according to the action, been like that for years, will always be like that, deal w/ it

so if Sonnes is a king, what does it make the guy who took everything he had and still couldnt finish him? god?
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #132
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,277
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
How bout that Struve v. Morecraft fight?! That was fucking awesome.
hell yea! that was incredible

what about good ole Matt freaking Hughes!

much props to Roy Nelson, I never thought he would last of 3 rounds. He gained a lot of respect
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mma > boxing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST