E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Replacing RFTs - Toyo Proxes or Conti SC3's?

03-06-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
GAVGOLF

Drives: x5

Replacing RFTs - Toyo Proxes or Conti SC3's?

Hi all,

I am currently costing up the replacement of the 19" RFTs on my E92 335d Msport and i was set on the conti's but then saw the Toyos cheaper so was wondering does anyone have the Toyos and do they rate them or should i stick with the contis (or someting else if suggested?)

Cheers

Gav
      03-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
chris_s1
Major

Drives: 2012 E92 335d MSport

Garage List
2012 E92 335d  [4.33]
Hi Gav

I am also looking at replacement 19s and having similar thoughts.

I have had Toyos previously, albeit on a different car with different size wheels. They were good in the dry, terrible in the wet and didn't last all that long, but they are well priced so you get what you pay for I guess.

Conti's are superb in my experience and I am probably going to go with these.

I am considering Falken FK452, they are so cheap. I've had these before and they are ok, not amazing, but good for the price. They also have a nice rim protector built in too.

The best price I have found for straight replacements of the Bridgestone RFTs, to my surprise, has been Kwikfit - 278 for rear and 214 for fronts. Cheaper than eTyres, black circles, protyre, merityre and everywhere else I've looked.....

Whats the best prices you've seen?

Rgs
Chris
chris_s1 is offline   United Kingdom