E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bunch of questions!

03-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
philreid
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Bunch of questions!

I recently bought my 57 reg E90 325i and fooking love it. Got a few questions though, so if you don't mind...

I'm pretty new to the world of BMW so I plead ignorance if any of this is blindingly obvious.

- My service indicator recently jumped from 6,000 miles to 4,900 miles - and there was no way I'd done 1,100 in the meantime. Is there a straightforward explanation for this? I haven't been beasting it too much!
- I have xenon lights but am not sure how to configure them as daytime running lights (if this is even possible at all). They are auto lights but don't seem to come on during daylight, only at night. I don't have iDrive.
- I generally fold the mirrors in using the button when I leave the car in a small space. Is there a way to fold/unfold these with the key fob?
- When picking someone up, how the crap do you unlock the doors without turning off the engine?

Before someone posts , I would look at the manual for some of these but I don't have one!

Thanks
      03-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
jjbirch
Banned

Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
for pick someone up there is a button next to he centre air vents that unlocks the car.service is set to your driving style
      03-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
themetz
smokin' kipper

Drives: Audi RS5

- My service indicator recently jumped from 6,000 miles to 4,900 miles - and there was no way I'd done 1,100 in the meantime. Is there a straightforward explanation for this? I haven't been beasting it too much!
CONDITION BASED SERVICING - SO THE CAR WILL MAKE UP WHEN IT WANT'S SOME TLC. GO WITH IT....

- I have xenon lights but am not sure how to configure them as daytime running lights (if this is even possible at all). They are auto lights but don't seem to come on during daylight, only at night. I don't have iDrive.
DON'T KNOW ABOUT E90 AND RUNNING LIGHTS.

- I generally fold the mirrors in using the button when I leave the car in a small space. Is there a way to fold/unfold these with the key fob?
NO

- When picking someone up, how the crap do you unlock the doors without turning off the engine?
THERE'S A BUTTON ON THE DASH

Before someone posts , I would look at the manual for some of these but I don't have one!
HAVE A LOOK IN THE BOOT

03-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
philreid
Second Lieutenant

Man - that's the button I was looking for. So obvious as well. Thanks.
      03-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
mowflow
Colonel

Drives: F20 125d

I read somewhere that you can fold the mirrors in on the car by holding down the lock button on the key fob.

Only trouble is that my car doesn't have electric folding mirrors which is a pain as the neds on my street love kicking mirrors off but are too lazy to fold them out and then kick them off.

You can also pull your own door handle to unlock the doors. This is what I did until my wife pointed out the big unlock button in the middle of the dash.
mowflow is offline   Scotland
      03-19-2010, 04:31 AM   #6
philreid
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I read somewhere that you can fold the mirrors in on the car by holding down the lock button on the key fob.

Only trouble is that my car doesn't have electric folding mirrors which is a pain as the neds on my street love kicking mirrors off but are too lazy to fold them out and then kick them off.

You can also pull your own door handle to unlock the doors. This is what I did until my wife pointed out the big unlock button in the middle of the dash.
I'll try that later, that'd be a useful feature since I almost always fold them in unless it's in my own driveway.

I saw a ned in Paisley walking up the street booting wing mirrors off, then he tried one which must've been a bit high because he up ended and fell flat on his arse! hahahah it was poetry.

Also.. tried that with the door handle but it only unlocked my door! I now know where the button is though! DOH
      03-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #7
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!

Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Holding the unlock button on the fob won't fold the mirrors, it will drop all the windows though!
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
jonsteele is offline   United Kingdom