E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shiv: How will selective code clearing for the Procede work?

03-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Glowin
Captain

Drives: 335i

Shiv: How will selective code clearing for the Procede work?

Hi Shiv, I can't recall how exactly you are planning on rolling this feature out, but wanted to ask. Will it

1 - Suppress the tuner codes only, so if one has other codes, you can leave them there, and simply remove the Procede before going to the dealer? Why would you need to clear the codes before going in, if all the codes you'd see would be legit ones you'd want the dealer to attend to, and no tuner ones were ever there (after you double check to be sure of course)?

2 - Let you pick which ones you can delete (like the tuner ones only) and leave the rest?

I had a case where last week I was having erratic oil level measurements, from full in one day to "add 1 liter of oil" warning the next. So I was going to take it in, when I noticed besides the usual 11544 tuner code, there was also a 2F9E - 12190 - Termic oil level sensor - code. I wish I could have left that in the car and not cleared it, in case that in fact points to a faulty oil level sensor. Now that the car's in for service, without that code, they may not pick up on the faulty sensor...

What is your plan?

Last edited by Glowin; 03-24-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Glowin is offline   United_States
      03-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Auto clear only triggers when certain codes, and only those codes, are triggered. If Amy other code is triggered, auto clear is disabled. Very simple. Currently in the list of auto clear codes are cat conversion, brake/throttle plausibility, tuner codes and fuel pump plausibility. I've been running this new feature for the last few days it is works beautifully. I even removed my o2 sim
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
      03-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
Glowin
Captain

I'm not clear, so then what I said in scenario 1 is how it would work? You would have no other codes other than the non tune related ones, and you WOULDN'T have to clear the codes first with the Procede before taking it out and dropping car off at the dealer?
      03-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
Ferre86
Captain

Drives: E93 M3/H2/SL350/Panamera 4/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post

I even removed my o2 sim
is this the feature what we all been waiting for to ignore that annoying 02 sim?

| e93 M-DCT ESS VT2-625 | Akra Slip-on | Challenge Race Catless x-pipe | Challenge front lip | Challenge Diffuser | Carbon front grilles | defi gauges control unit | Macht Schnell gauge panel | E93 M3 trunk Spoiler | IND Carbon Fiber Side Markers |
Ferre86 is offline   Turkey
      03-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
I'm not clear, so then what I said in scenario 1 is how it would work? You would have no other codes other than the non tune related ones, and you WOULDN'T have to clear the codes first with the Procede before taking it out and dropping car off at the dealer?
It is not possible to selectively clear codes. It's only possible to be selective on WHEN we clear all codes. And in this case, the codes are only cleared automatically when they are all deemed to be benign and unremarkable (cat conversion, tuner codes, fp plausibility). If you get another code (like our oil temp sensor), NONE of the codes will clear. In that case, you will want to put your tune back to stock, clear you codes and drive around until that oil temp sensor code comes back. There is no shortcut around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre86 View Post
is this the feature what we all been waiting for to ignore that annoying 02 sim?
Yep! I've put 1000 miles on in the last week with this feature and it works absolutely perfectly. Currently running in a few cars with great results. I've been waiting for this for quite some time because traditional o2 sims cause to many other issues and don't always seem to work.

Of course, I had to bend an axle tonight at the dragstrip so depending on when I can get a replacement part, I may have to park the car for a little while. So the new firmware/map release may have be pushed back a few days

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 03-25-2010 at 03:22 AM.
      03-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
chris b.
Brigadier General

Drives: zmp e90

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]

cant wait to get my v4!

shiv- Robert called me yesterday and said he'd speak with you and get back to me but he hasn't. any update? ill try robert again in the afternoon.

thanks!

Brentuning Cobb AP pro tune
2010 335i zmp fbo
465whp 513tq 50% E85
chris b. is offline   United_States
      03-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
bmwzimmer
Major

Drives: 335

I guess LSD + DRs + linelock really abuses your drivetrain.. I'm supprised we haven't seen more broken axles with all the torque these cars make. Are you going to replace both rear output shafts? I think they're around $400 each.
      03-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
zsapphire7
Colonel

Drives: 08 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre86 View Post
Yes... i definately need this feature too . I really hope you can get that axle fixed asap!
zsapphire7 is offline   United_States
      03-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
I guess LSD + DRs + linelock really abuses your drivetrain.. I'm supprised we haven't seen more broken axles with all the torque these cars make. Are you going to replace both rear output shafts? I think they're around $400 each.
Actually, upon further inspection, it might not be the axles. But the driveshaft damper instead. Should know by later today.

I think i'm still going to release the firmware/maps tonight

Shiv
      03-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
forza1976
Brigadier General

Drives: 2014 A6

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Quote:
Actually, upon further inspection, it might not be the axles. But the driveshaft damper instead. Should know by later today.

I think i'm still going to release the firmware/maps tonight

Shiv
Nice, thanks Shiv!
forza1976 is offline   United_States
      03-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
vase330
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i ; 14 RangeRover SSC

is this for all V4s? What about auto-tune?
      03-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
is this for all V4s? What about auto-tune?
Auto-tune will be in the next release. But this release is already jam packed with several new features. Few of which I've mentioned publicly.

Shiv
      03-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #13
forza1976
Brigadier General

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Quote:
Auto-tune will be in the next release. But this release is already jam packed with several new features. Few of which I've mentioned publicly.

Shiv
Ah the suspense is killing me... Any chance it includes the boost display? I know you had focus on other things but curious if that made it in? crossing fingers
      03-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Ah the suspense is killing me... Any chance it includes the boost display? I know you had focus on other things but curious if that made it in? crossing fingers
Nope. You guys are killing me.

Shiv
      03-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Ferre86
Captain

Drives: E93 M3/H2/SL350/Panamera 4/

Quote:
Yep! I've put 1000 miles on in the last week with this feature and it works absolutely perfectly. Currently running in a few cars with great results. I've been waiting for this for quite some time because traditional o2 sims cause to many other issues and don't always seem to work.
awesome! thats greatest news for 2010! gif soon please thats only wish from Vishnu Team go go!

| e93 M-DCT ESS VT2-625 | Akra Slip-on | Challenge Race Catless x-pipe | Challenge front lip | Challenge Diffuser | Carbon front grilles | defi gauges control unit | Macht Schnell gauge panel | E93 M3 trunk Spoiler | IND Carbon Fiber Side Markers |
Ferre86 is offline   Turkey
      03-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Wow, nice response!
Huh? I think you took me a little too seriously.
      03-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
forza1976
Brigadier General

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Quote:
Huh? I think you took me a little too seriously.
Yeah, i realized after i posted it i was being a bitch... Deleted
      03-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Lol it's cool. Sorry if I came across harsh. I should have used a winky face.
      03-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
Glowin
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
It is not possible to selectively clear codes. It's only possible to be selective on WHEN we clear all codes. And in this case, the codes are only cleared automatically when they are all deemed to be benign and unremarkable (cat conversion, tuner codes, fp plausibility).

If you get another code (like our oil temp sensor), NONE of the codes will clear. In that case, you will want to put your tune back to stock, clear you codes and drive around until that oil temp sensor code comes back. There is no shortcut around this.
Not to be a pain... but if the only code left is a non tune related code, why clear it then? Why can't you leave it in? What's the danger? I can't follow the logic. You just cause yourself more work by driving around waiting for the code to be thrown again, which in my case, without a BT tool (and the Proceded obviously out at that point) I'd have no way even of knowing the code's been triggered.

As a bonus, if the code is intermittent, you might be driving for a while before if you're lucky it gets tripped again.
      03-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Not to be a pain... but if the only code left is a non tune related code, why clear it then? Why can't you leave it in? What's the danger? I can't follow the logic. You just cause yourself more work by driving around waiting for the code to be thrown again, which in my case, without a BT tool (and the Proceded obviously out at that point) I'd have no way even of knowing the code's been triggered.

As a bonus, if the code is intermittent, you might be driving for a while before if you're lucky it gets tripped again.
You can leave the PROcede installed but in valet mode. And you will still be able to read/clear codes. You can even turn off the auto clear feature if you want. The only thing we cannot do is clear only a subset of the codes read. All we can do is select what codes are auto cleared and then disable the feature if any other codes (that you should presumably know about) are triggered.

Shiv
      03-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #21
scottp999
Brigadier General

Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
I think i'm still going to release the firmware/maps tonight Shiv
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
      03-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #22
Glowin
Captain

Quote:
You can leave the PROcede installed but in valet mode. And you will still be able to read/clear codes. You can even turn off the auto clear feature if you want. The only thing we cannot do is clear only a subset of the codes read. All we can do is select what codes are auto cleared and then disable the feature if any other codes (that you should presumably know about) are triggered.

Shiv
OK, so is what I'm describing below possible? Maybe this will all be easier to grasp when I see it in action but I'll try one more time...

You set it to auto clear tuner codes. You see a code for a fuel pump. Can you just take out the Procede at that point, since you have no other code stored, and take it to the dealer with that fuel pump code still in there?

I don't understand why we must clear all codes, if the only one showing is the fuel pump one?

Sorry for being thick!