E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > CPO vs MY2010



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
bavarianboar
Major
 
bavarianboar's Avatar
 
Drives: on the freeway
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,352
iTrader: (0)

CPO vs MY2010

Hi

I am considering a purchase of 328i Sedan. New or CPO that's my decision making factor.

Until now I have been looking at only the CPOs, but realized with the spring credit and some negotiations with the dealers on the MY2010, which they would likely want to get rid of, I should be even considering buying a new one.

I would definitely go for financing option and perhaps I can get a good deal on the MY2010?

I was considering a 2008-2009 CPO with pretty much base model with a couple of options, steptronic, etc. Same would go for the MY2010 which I hope to find at some local dealer without having to configure one. Seems like there would be about 5-7K difference if not more, if I buy a new 328i.

The reason why I did not want to go for a new car was due to the expected launch of the new generation 3er in 2012. Oh, and I plan to keep the car for about 3-4 years and hopefully then migrate to the new generation. Not sure if this is a sound thought!

I am looking for some advice, suggestions, insights on the pros and cons.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by bavarianboar; 04-07-2010 at 09:53 PM.
bavarianboar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
HPIA4v2
Captain
 
Drives: E60, E71, E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington

Posts: 669
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Hi

I am considering a purchase of 328i Sedan. New or CPO that's my decision making factor.

Until now I have been looking at only the CPOs, but realized with the spring credit and some negotiations with the dealers on the MY2010, which they would likely want to get rid of, I should be even considering buying a new one.

I would definitely go for financing option and perhaps I can get a good deal on the MY2010?

I was considering a 2008-2009 CPO with pretty much base model with a couple of options, steptronic, etc. Same would go for the MY2010 which I hope to find at some local dealer without having to configure one. Seems like there would be about 5-7K difference if not more, if I buy a new 328i.

The reason why I did not want to go for a new car was due to the expected launch of the new generation 3er in 2012. Oh, and I plan to keep the car for about 3-4 years and hopefully then migrate to the new generation. Not sure if this is a sound thought!

I am looking for some advice, suggestions, insights on the pros and cons.

Thanks a bunch!
Not sure if you can lease 2007 or 2008 CPO.
But leasing would be your best bet if you are already thinking F30 styling. The sedan would come out next year then F32/F33 coupe and vert a year later.

FYI, dealer is behind the eight ball with remaining 2010 on the lot. for sedan $2500 under invoice is very doable for cap cost and the MF is really enticing. I know I've been contacted over and over by dealer after my test drive, but I can't pull the trigger cause I can't find the car I want.
HPIA4v2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
bavarianboar
Major
 
bavarianboar's Avatar
 
Drives: on the freeway
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Not sure if you can lease 2007 or 2008 CPO.
But leasing would be your best bet if you are already thinking F30 styling. The sedan would come out next year then F32/F33 coupe and vert a year later.

FYI, dealer is behind the eight ball with remaining 2010 on the lot. for sedan $2500 under invoice is very doable for cap cost and the MF is really enticing. I know I've been contacted over and over by dealer after my test drive, but I can't pull the trigger cause I can't find the car I want.
I don't know if I get this correctly.

Invoice pricing -$2500 (i.e. spring credit or you did not include that?) If it comes to be invoice pricing - $5000 (including spring credit, that would be a steal)

I am unable to find a CPO that I want and so decided to look around for new cars, so I can make a better deal with complete 4 years warranty and the pleasure of having a new vehicle.

Though I am still not convinced if I am making the right decision. New BMW can be an overkill on my budget.

F30 will be nice to have in 2012 or so I guess, new gen, first year is probably not worth the risk, and possibility of missing out on improvements which mostly come in the next year. JMO

PS: Pardon my ignorance, did not get MF.

Last edited by bavarianboar; 04-07-2010 at 10:26 PM.
bavarianboar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
HPIA4v2
Captain
 
Drives: E60, E71, E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington

Posts: 669
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
I don't know if I get this correctly.

Invoice pricing -$2500 (i.e. spring credit or you did not include that?) If it comes to be invoice pricing - $5000 (including spring credit, that would be a steal)

I am unable to find a CPO that I want and so decided to look around for new cars, so I can make a better deal with complete 4 years warranty and the pleasure of having a new vehicle.

Though I am still not convinced if I am making the right decision. New BMW can be an overkill on my budget.

F30 will be nice to have in 2012 or so I guess, new gen, first year is probably not worth the risk, and possibility of missing out on improvements which mostly come in the next year. JMO

PS: Pardon my ignorance, did not get MF.
I doubt you can get 2010 for $5000 under invoice but you can certainly try.

MF = Money Factor, it's really interest rate on your lease.
You may want to check sticky for leasing BMW if you never done it before. Leasing is different ball game compare to buying. Hate to see you get taken by dealer.
HPIA4v2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
bavarianboar
Major
 
bavarianboar's Avatar
 
Drives: on the freeway
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,352
iTrader: (0)

not planning on leasing. I can't live with just 10k miles/year.

$5000 under invoice would most probably be impossible, not going to try and piss the dealer off. ;-)

I am contemplating what is a good thing. It is definitely hard to predict the market value of e90 after 3 years once the f30 takes the market by storm.
bavarianboar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST