E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ARMA Supercharger N52 - Offical Dyno 291BHP 323i!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #221
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
Holy crap, man! I'd totally go for a stage 4 setup instead of my S85 swap...
How is the torque holding up for this setup... is it [typically] running hand-in-hand with the HP?

Will your forged pistons be available for different bore sizes? I figure if i'd get my engine overhauled, i may as well bore-over the block and stick some nice forged pistons, racing camshafts and the S/C kit.

Would you have a round-about estimate for the full overhaul procedure?

**I'd LOVE to see a Twin S/C vs Twin T/C battle... ^__^ one of epic proportion!
We here in Russia three crazy
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...90_e91/ncat10/
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...vittorioviola/
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...0_e91/bimmian/

The first we need to refine the oil cooling system, as well as additional cooling of the AT gearbox. We will make the pistons, crankshaft, camshafts in order. Just need to strengthen the engine block. After that, we'll take a double S/C from ARMA with 1,3 bar, modify the fuel system and ECU computer ARMA. Work will be many, cost is not considered but would be about $ 10 000. Its will be over 500Hp.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #222
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
Holy crap, man! I'd totally go for a stage 4 setup instead of my S85 swap...
How is the torque holding up for this setup... is it [typically] running hand-in-hand with the HP?

Will your forged pistons be available for different bore sizes? I figure if i'd get my engine overhauled, i may as well bore-over the block and stick some nice forged pistons, racing camshafts and the S/C kit.

Would you have a round-about estimate for the full overhaul procedure?

**I'd LOVE to see a Twin S/C vs Twin T/C battle... ^__^ one of epic proportion!
By the way, if you want to do major engine repair, cheaper to replace it on n52b30. We did it without any problem!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #223
studie
Banned
3
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, 328i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 416.604.852

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncat10 View Post
It's stage 2 338hp, and i have a problems on starting. There is 0-100 video without slipping.

Race Logik resul 5.11 sec.
Hey Ncat nice videos, can you drive the car in DS mode and record another video?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #224
7e90dan
seven
7e90dan's Avatar
3
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

anyone know the pricing on stage 2 kit? and what does the stage 2 include.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #225
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studie View Post
Hey Ncat nice videos, can you drive the car in DS mode and record another video?
Ok! After stage 3 I do this,
In the DS mode transmission rapidly overheat and start delay when switching. The DS is a good mode after 100km/h
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #226
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7e90dan View Post
anyone know the pricing on stage 2 kit? and what does the stage 2 include.
http://www.armaspeed.com/eng/goods.php?act=view&no=3
Stage 2 Kit: Supercharger,Mounting brackets,Idler pulleys and accessory drive beit,High-flow air filter,Supercharger inlet duct,Hardware accessories,Fuel Management Computer (FMC),Fuel injectors , Blow off valve,Intercooler
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #227
studie
Banned
3
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, 328i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 416.604.852

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncat10 View Post
Ok! After stage 3 I do this,
In the DS mode transmission rapidly overheat and start delay when switching. The DS is a good mode after 100km/h
Oh interesting, so the transmission is not keeping up with the power...
How much horsepower do you have right now? Approximately how much?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #228
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studie View Post
Oh interesting, so the transmission is not keeping up with the power...
How much horsepower do you have right now? Approximately how much?
No, transmissons on BMW 330I and 335 the same. Its GA6HP19Z. But 335 have oil cooling system in stock. I resolve this problem in future installing this kit http://www.ardesign.info/store/bmw-1...t-stage-1.html
About HP, no so many faster then 335, but 335 have more torque in the stock, than my stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #229
benzo23
Colonel
benzo23's Avatar
35
Rep
2,886
Posts

 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (1)

More power to you man good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #230
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
247
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Interesting. would like to see dynos - uless those were posted and company internet blocked it
__________________
BMW 328i 2008, 6MT, Perf Exh + Perf Int, Continental DWS and BMW Perf SSK
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #231
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncat10 View Post
We here in Russia three crazy
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...90_e91/ncat10/
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...vittorioviola/
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/bmw/3_seri...0_e91/bimmian/

The first we need to refine the oil cooling system, as well as additional cooling of the AT gearbox. We will make the pistons, crankshaft, camshafts in order. Just need to strengthen the engine block. After that, we'll take a double S/C from ARMA with 1,3 bar, modify the fuel system and ECU computer ARMA. Work will be many, cost is not considered but would be about $ 10 000. Its will be over 500Hp.
Sure, engine power will be throught the roof (150% boost so far), but do you have any intentions for drivetrain, driveshaft, or differential parts? I'm pretty sure if i threw 500hp in my car, my driveshaft would warp and my differential would melt pretty easy...
its 1 thing to do SuperChargers on a 3.0L --- pretty original, but for drivetrain parts on a 6DCT would also be pretty epic... until that time comes, would you suggest putting a M5/M6 7DCT in there to support the thrust?

**Also... do you think a Methanol Kit will be in store soon also? (gotta have the good stuff to beat the 335's) ^__^

(it's almost as if, if you run twin superchargers, you're beginning a civil rivalry between BMWs at the x35i level)

Last edited by N0OS3; 09-24-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #232
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
Sure, engine power will be throught the roof (150% boost so far), but do you have any intentions for drivetrain, driveshaft, or differential parts? I'm pretty sure if i threw 500hp in my car, my driveshaft would warp and my differential would melt pretty easy...
its 1 thing to do SuperChargers on a 3.0L --- pretty original, but for drivetrain parts on a 6DCT would also be pretty epic... until that time comes, would you suggest putting a M5/M6 7DCT in there to support the thrust?

**Also... do you think a Methanol Kit will be in store soon also? (gotta have the good stuff to beat the 335's) ^__^

(it's almost as if, if you run twin superchargers, you're beginning a civil rivalry between BMWs at the x35i level)
The gear box on the 330I and 335 is the same, as well as the rear gear.
We have tune 335 with methanol and custom turbo with more than 500 hp. ( the gearbox is stock AT GA6HP19Z )
For more efficient transmission of torque, we use LSD differential. It will be very difficult to put a gearbox from the M3 DCT example. That many have tried to do, but there are too many problems and are easier to install a manual transmission. methanol KIT can be put from the 335.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #233
7e90dan
seven
7e90dan's Avatar
3
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

considering i have a 06 us spec 325i. how will my trans hold up to say stage 3? id need the oil cooler lsd and meth? even then will the AT hold up ?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #234
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncat10 View Post
The gear box on the 330I and 335 is the same, as well as the rear gear.
We have tune 335 with methanol and custom turbo with more than 500 hp. ( the gearbox is stock AT GA6HP19Z )
For more efficient transmission of torque, we use LSD differential. It will be very difficult to put a gearbox from the M3 DCT example. That many have tried to do, but there are too many problems and are easier to install a manual transmission. methanol KIT can be put from the 335.
I have a 325i...

So the Meth kit from the 335i will fit right into this supercharger setup no issues? O_O sweet!

I plan on getting an OS Giken super lock LSRD for the torque support...

when will stage 3 be completely ready? And what is the included difference from Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #235
Ateam
Banned
17
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

The 330 and 335 tranny are NOT the same at all! They are the same model but different strength and max torque rating! And this is quite a bit different. Just like the e60 used the same model for the 525 and 550 but the torque rating was vastly different. Do not confuse the model number with being the same tranny.

The 330 auto tranny is only rated at less than 280 foot pounds of torque. You will easily cook your tranny with any of these. People knew this long ago which is why nobody wants to touch FI on these cars. Just too many parts that are not built for the torque. Including the drivetrain itself. It will be absolutely warped.

This is a rather silly solution unless you have money to blow on a pure entertainment project. If you are looking for a car to keep for awhile this is not it unless you have money to continue to poor into a new tranny, new drivetrain, new engine parts, new cooling system etc etc
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #236
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
The 330 and 335 tranny are NOT the same at all! They are the same model but different strength and max torque rating! And this is quite a bit different. Just like the e60 used the same model for the 525 and 550 but the torque rating was vastly different. Do not confuse the model number with being the same tranny.

The 330 auto tranny is only rated at less than 280 foot pounds of torque. You will easily cook your tranny with any of these. People knew this long ago which is why nobody wants to touch FI on these cars. Just too many parts that are not built for the torque. Including the drivetrain itself. It will be absolutely warped.

This is a rather silly solution unless you have money to blow on a pure entertainment project. If you are looking for a car to keep for awhile this is not it unless you have money to continue to poor into a new tranny, new drivetrain, new engine parts, new cooling system etc etc
This is what i assumed... thankyou for the verification!

So... i still have my S85 Engine and 7DCT, i think i'm going to sell the engine and get some money back and put the 7DCT in when/if i get a supercharger kit... also going to put an OS Giken Super Lock LSRD on the rear... i'm not completely sure what to do about the driveshaft itself though...

Mostly workin on cosmetics for now and when that's as far as i can go, i can work on performance (i'd rather be comfortable more-so than fast)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #237
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
The 330 and 335 tranny are NOT the same at all! They are the same model but different strength and max torque rating! And this is quite a bit different. Just like the e60 used the same model for the 525 and 550 but the torque rating was vastly different. Do not confuse the model number with being the same tranny.

The 330 auto tranny is only rated at less than 280 foot pounds of torque. You will easily cook your tranny with any of these. People knew this long ago which is why nobody wants to touch FI on these cars. Just too many parts that are not built for the torque. Including the drivetrain itself. It will be absolutely warped.

This is a rather silly solution unless you have money to blow on a pure entertainment project. If you are looking for a car to keep for awhile this is not it unless you have money to continue to poor into a new tranny, new drivetrain, new engine parts, new cooling system etc etc
I think you do not know about now say
The gearbox is the same. You must check BMW ETK and also this doc.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...8&d=1202978362
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #238
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7e90dan View Post
considering i have a 06 us spec 325i. how will my trans hold up to say stage 3? id need the oil cooler lsd and meth? even then will the AT hold up ?
In street catch does not need anything! But it is better to swap engine on n52b30 and then install the KIT. if you want race car, you must install cooling system!`
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #239
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
This is what i assumed... thankyou for the verification!

So... i still have my S85 Engine and 7DCT, i think i'm going to sell the engine and get some money back and put the 7DCT in when/if i get a supercharger kit... also going to put an OS Giken Super Lock LSRD on the rear... i'm not completely sure what to do about the driveshaft itself though...

Mostly workin on cosmetics for now and when that's as far as i can go, i can work on performance (i'd rather be comfortable more-so than fast)
On which engine you want to install the S/C KIT ? We don't have expiriensce to install the 7DCT on n52 and N52-55 engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #240
Ncat10
Private
3
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Project Green
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
I have a 325i...

So the Meth kit from the 335i will fit right into this supercharger setup no issues? O_O sweet!

I plan on getting an OS Giken super lock LSRD for the torque support...

when will stage 3 be completely ready? And what is the included difference from Stage 2
The difference betwen stage 3 and stage 2 is only VEV controller and the header.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #241
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
18,312
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
I have a 325i...

So the Meth kit from the 335i will fit right into this supercharger setup no issues? O_O sweet!

I plan on getting an OS Giken super lock LSRD for the torque support...

when will stage 3 be completely ready? And what is the included difference from Stage 2
All methanol kits are univeral and can work in any setup, any car.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #242
7e90dan
seven
7e90dan's Avatar
3
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncat10 View Post
In street catch does not need anything! But it is better to swap engine on n52b30 and then install the KIT. if you want race car, you must install cooling system!`

us spec 325i's already have the n52b30 i believe.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST