E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can an aggressive wheel/tire guru help me out?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Can an aggressive wheel/tire guru help me out?

Ive posted in numerous threads and PMed numerous people with questions about wheel/tire fitment. Im hoping someone can give me a definitive answer on weither this setup can work or not. Ok I bought a used set of avant garde 310s from a friend. They are at the powder coater now. Im concerned about the rear wheels because they are 19x9.5 +22 offset. I already ordered tires which should arrive this upcoming week. The rear tires are 265/30/19s. My car is a Pre LCI e90 335i so I believe I have a tad more clearance then the LCI e90s. A few weeks back I had my rear fenders rolled to allow the wheels/tires to fit. I am lowered on KW V1 coilovers, Ill attach a pic of how the car sits now. Ive asked alot of people questions about this setup and Ive talked to people that are using +22 rear offsets. But Im getting a ton of different responses. So Im wondering if the 19x9.5 +22 offset wheel will work with a 265/30 tire on my car or if I wasted a lot of money doing all this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)

Measure twice cut once.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Measure twice cut once.
What am I supposed to be cutting?
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,510
iTrader: (11)

It depends how aggressive the roll is. I had 19x10 ET22 Advan RS-D's on 2007 e90 335, tire sizes were 265/35/18. With a roll it was rubbing just a bit, with a shave there were no problems at all.

With your sizes of 19x9.5 ET22 and 265/35/18, a roll should be sufficient. If it doesn't clear you have a choice of either shaving the fenders or going down to 255/35/18. But in my experience you should have very minimal or 0 rubbing at all with you + 1 passenger.

GL !
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

You will be fine with a 9.5 rim on the rear SMS that offset especially on a 265. A roll and you will be fine there not aggressive at all bud so quite worrying
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Well thats good to hear. And the rear tires Id be using are 265/30/19. But its good to hear it will work. Ive just heard alot of other people say it wont work. So I was kind of nervous about it. Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Nerd View Post
It depends how aggressive the roll is. I had 19x10 ET22 Advan RS-D's on 2007 e90 335, tire sizes were 265/35/18. With a roll it was rubbing just a bit, with a shave there were no problems at all.

With your sizes of 19x9.5 ET22 and 265/35/18, a roll should be sufficient. If it doesn't clear you have a choice of either shaving the fenders or going down to 255/35/18. But in my experience you should have very minimal or 0 rubbing at all with you + 1 passenger.

GL !
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
You will be fine with a 9.5 rim on the rear SMS that offset especially on a 265. A roll and you will be fine there not aggressive at all bud so quite worrying
Thank you I appreciate the help. It seems like plenty of people say it can work, but others say no and make me doubt it. So hopefully everything works out fine. Thanks again.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
You will be fine with a 9.5 rim on the rear SMS that offset especially on a 265. A roll and you will be fine there not aggressive at all bud so quite worrying
Thank you I appreciate the help. It seems like plenty of people say it can work, but others say no and make me doubt it. So hopefully everything works out fine. Thanks again.
Bro your fine trust me you can make alot bigger fit it's just a little work and patience
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Bro your fine trust me you can make alot bigger fit it's just a little work and patience
Sorry for the semi-thread thread jack OP, but it kind of goes along with your question a bit.

Do you know what front and rear sizes/offset I will need to run, to be flush on a Pre-LCI E90 with sports suspension? I don't know anything about rim/tire size and would appreciate the help, and want to look nice and wide from the rear. Thanks.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Bro your fine trust me you can make alot bigger fit it's just a little work and patience
Sorry for the semi-thread thread jack OP, but it kind of goes along with your question a bit.

Do you know what front and rear sizes/offset I will need to run, to be flush on a Pre-LCI E90 with sports suspension? I don't know anything about rim/tire size and would appreciate the help, and want to look nice and wide from the rear. Thanks.
What do you want run 18 or 19 ?you could get away with a 11 in the rear with a offset of 20-25 depending what you consider flush to be. PRE LCI have smaller axles so you can run a bit more then LCI
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
What do you want run 18 or 19 ?you could get away with a 11 in the rear with a offset of 20-25 depending what you consider flush to be. PRE LCI have smaller axles so you can run a bit more then LCI
Bold was what had me questioning what I need to run but yes, I would be looking into 19" wheels. My only requirement would be to have no rubbing, even with a full trunk and 5 people. Would 11 look pushed out, or flush? And I don't believe I would want to stretch the tires, as I heard that hurts performance/reliability of the tire?
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Bold was what had me questioning what I need to run but yes, I would be looking into 19" wheels. My only requirement would be to have no rubbing, even with a full trunk and 5 people. Would 11 look pushed out, or flush? And I don't believe I would want to stretch the tires, as I heard that hurts performance/reliability of the tire?
Depending on the offset an 11 could be either pushed out or be flush. If your on stock sport suspension and still want to fine with a full car I would say go 11 with a 25 offset and you can still have some meat with a 275 tire. I don't like to much stretch also and like a bit of meant there so I'm running a 285/30 on a 11.5 obviously though with a much lower offset
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Bro your fine trust me you can make alot bigger fit it's just a little work and patience
Thanks man, I appreciate your help and time.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate your help and time.
No prob bro good luck, worst case you have to add a bit of camber but I think you will be fine
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #15
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Depending on the offset an 11 could be either pushed out or be flush. If your on stock sport suspension and still want to fine with a full car I would say go 11 with a 25 offset and you can still have some meat with a 275 tire. I don't like to much stretch also and like a bit of meant there so I'm running a 285/30 on a 11.5 obviously though with a much lower offset
Thanks, appreciate it.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #16
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Thanks, appreciate it.
No prob buddy let me know if you need anything else
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
No prob bro good luck, worst case you have to add a bit of camber but I think you will be fine
Awsome, but hopefully I wont have to mess with camber as Id rather not burn through tires.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST