E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 325i to 330i conversion successful! Dyno charts included!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #397
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
e90pilot's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,111
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (3)

Did you order a simon tool or are you going to a shop? The tune is made right on the spot which means that you just need to tell AA when you send in your stock file or when you arrive at the shop.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #398
Pierre1014
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Did you order a simon tool or are you going to a shop? The tune is made right on the spot which means that you just need to tell AA when you send in your stock file or when you arrive at the shop.
I'm going to take it to a shop I'm gonna have both of them get done
So I'm gonna mentioned to them to say what I have done to AA when the send the stock file to them
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #399
burrman
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

i'm doing this once i get back from deployment in a couple of weeks! gonna be nice

im buying a 330i intake manifold package from turners
afe sealed CAI from auto anything
and bmw PE from tischer

not sure if turner's tune would be the same as AA's tune tho i wonder which one would give a bit more hp/tq

can anyone tell me how much hp/tq gain i should get from these mods? maybe like 270hp/240tq at the flywheel? thats what i really aiming for i just want a fun daily driver
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #400
Casca
Captain
11
Rep
633
Posts

 
Drives: E90 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrman View Post
i'm doing this once i get back from deployment in a couple of weeks! gonna be nice

im buying a 330i intake manifold package from turners
afe sealed CAI from auto anything
and bmw PE from tischer

not sure if turner's tune would be the same as AA's tune tho i wonder which one would give a bit more hp/tq

can anyone tell me how much hp/tq gain i should get from these mods? maybe like 270hp/240tq at the flywheel? thats what i really aiming for i just want a fun daily driver
You can get the performance exhaust for less than what Tischer is asking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Factory-...item338728dddd

I got my 3-stage intake through http://www.partshotlines.com/ . It's used, but looks practically brand new. Paid $150, unfortunately no DESA valves. Although I found a dealership selling new DESA valves for $250 new for either. Some people have gotten the 3-stage manifold via a recycler with DESA still on em for less than $300.

Getting ready to go training/deploy in a week and stay gone over Christmas and into the New Year so I can pay for more toys.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #401
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrman View Post
can anyone tell me how much hp/tq gain i should get from these mods? maybe like 270hp/240tq at the flywheel? thats what i really aiming for i just want a fun daily driver
no, not that much. Expect to be in the same range as a 330i.. 255 hp and around 220 ft lbs. you won't see 270/240 with these mods.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #402
Seanzie
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Supersprint headers + a tune to make use of it (Evolve?) might get you closer to 270, but then you're spending around 1500 for ~15 extra hp. The $/hp get's a bit steep at that point for this mod. This is why I think that the DISA intake + AA tune + lighter wheels/tires is probably the most optimal power increase for our engines. Anything more than that is just sinking too much money for the gains.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #403
Rival
Lieutenant
8
Rep
451
Posts

 
Drives: 95 z28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: shytown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie View Post
Supersprint headers + a tune to make use of it (Evolve?) might get you closer to 270, but then you're spending around 1500 for ~15 extra hp. The $/hp get's a bit steep at that point for this mod. This is why I think that the DISA intake + AA tune + lighter wheels/tires is probably the most optimal power increase for our engines. Anything more than that is just sinking too much money for the gains.
was just going to say...

3 stg IM/ AA tune/ euro box or KN + charcol del/headers/exhaust should net 270 flywheel HP.

220-225rw or so.
__________________
2008 328i 6spd
1995 Z28 6spd - 377rwhp rip
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #404
burrman
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

yeah I'll probably get super sprint headers/cats etc to connect to my p/e exhaust but in a later date, not in a rush.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #405
SH325M
New Member
China
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 325iM
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: China

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for providing this mod and I am going to order the parts. Before I commit I have one question.

Do I need to replace the adjusters as they are listed from the parts list. I checked my manifold part list and my can has the same adjuster part number as listed. my car is 2009/04 325 with N52B25 engine. I am living in China and my car is made in China....

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #406
Da_Meister_22
Major
Da_Meister_22's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,462
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i Alpine White/Red Int
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Hey guys, we're running a special on the 328i n52 Tunes. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #407
TheAxiom
Colonel
United_States
79
Rep
2,080
Posts

 
Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

You guys should let me test it, and if I like I buy it!!
__________________
Style 161s 8.5 Square, Euro Intake with K&N, Cyba Scoops, 3 Stage manifold, OE tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #408
Yury
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: 325i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hey guys, we're running a special on the 328i n52 Tunes. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Hi, what kind a special? I'm lloking for tune on 328i N52B30 engine with 3 stage intake manifold (aka 330i) what do you offer?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #409
Da_Meister_22
Major
Da_Meister_22's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,462
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i Alpine White/Red Int
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yury View Post
Hi, what kind a special? I'm lloking for tune on 328i N52B30 engine with 3 stage intake manifold (aka 330i) what do you offer?
Follow the Link

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938880

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #410
SH325M
New Member
China
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 325iM
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: China

iTrader: (0)

Does this tune/tool reqiure the car in shop or can be complete remotely?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
330i coversion, active autowerke, manifold swap, n52, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST