E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > As a moderate Democrat, I say

04-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
BoxerGT2.5
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Really, he actually shipped his opponents to another country?

how about instead of just coming in here and throwing shit on the walls, you try and join a discussion about illegal immigration. Do you have any ideas about it? Or would you rather just use this forum as a place to voice your unhappiness with the current president?

Eliminate your opponent (ie....get them off the ballot).

You want my idea's.

1. Deport any and/all persons who knowingly break the law by coming to this country illegally.

2. Fine business severely for hiring illegal's.

3. Change our citizenship statue to address those who enter this country for the sole purpose to have a child born here so they can stay. I would not grant citizenship to that child if the parents of that child broke our laws in the first place for that circumstance to occur. We then deport the entire family (mom, dad, kids) so that we don't have to hear about how "Families are being broken".

4. If you want a path to citizenship then that's fine, go back to the end of the line. Citizenship requires you learn the English language.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Yet another paradox in the republican ideology of today. Guess what, this is free market at it's best. People who are willing to do better work for a lower wage will always get the job. I'm not afraid of the competition, I know that I can't be replaced by an illegal immigrant. Let them work.

Mexicans are the magical fairies of the United States. They come out at night and clean up your shit, fill in the potholes, take out the trash, for you to then wake up 9ish and get to your office, and sit on the forums complaining about how bad it's gotten for the first few hours of your workday.

If you're under any impression that the government actually wants to solve the problem, you are living in your own world. Who will do these jobs at the same payrate?
Well maybe the 10% of unemployed people in this country would take a job at that pay rate. Oh wait our entitlement programs pay more then that so I doubt that would happen. They are better off sitting on their asses mooching off the productive class.
      04-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #25
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Illegal aliens come to California because of spineless legislators who throw money at them. According to some reports here in the golden state we spend more than $10B annually on these fucking criminals. Yes they are criminals, they are here illegally. The report only includes healthcare, education and incarceration. Even with the taxes paid by these illegals, it still costs the legal taxpayers over $9B annually. Oh and another report noted that in 2003, 270,000 illegal idiots saw jail time, 108000 were in CA.

I say we give notice to all illegals to leave the state willingly within 6 months, and after that law enforcement is authorized to force them out of hiding and send them back across the border, no questions asked. Create a program that promotes legal immigration and the benefits, and also highlights the dire consequences for coming here illegally. Oh yeah, authorize deadly force against anyone trying to cross somewhere along the border that is not an authorized entry point.
      04-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #26
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
Well maybe the 10% of unemployed people in this country would take a job at that pay rate. Oh wait our entitlement programs pay more then that so I doubt that would happen. They are better off sitting on their asses mooching off the productive class.
Good call, clearly 10% of the people are lazy and want to get paid for doing nothing. Oh wait, that group is not even included in the unemployment number, so your argument is moot. Unemployment only counts those who are actively looking for a job. A lot of the affected are primary workforce as well, although the secondary workforce took a tremendous hit during this depression.

The main problem is that under our tax code, most illegal immigrants would not be paying taxes due to how little they make. By making them legal, you would be putting a strain on the economy further (most would qualify for many of the social programs); By kicking them out, you would destroy the infrastructure for a long time, as well as dive into an inflation cycle not seen in this country.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Good call, clearly 10% of the people are lazy and want to get paid for doing nothing. Oh wait, that group is not even included in the unemployment number, so your argument is moot. Unemployment only counts those who are actively looking for a job. A lot of the affected are primary workforce as well, although the secondary workforce took a tremendous hit during this depression.

The main problem is that under our tax code, most illegal immigrants would not be paying taxes due to how little they make. By making them legal, you would be putting a strain on the economy further (most would qualify for many of the social programs); By kicking them out, you would destroy the infrastructure for a long time, as well as dive into an inflation cycle not seen in this country.
Those are good points. Thanks Negotiator.
      04-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #28
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
I say we give notice to all illegals to leave the state willingly within 6 months, and after that law enforcement is authorized to force them out of hiding and send them back across the border, no questions asked. Create a program that promotes legal immigration and the benefits, and also highlights the dire consequences for coming here illegally. Oh yeah, authorize deadly force against anyone trying to cross somewhere along the border that is not an authorized entry point.
LOL isn't that what's going on currently? I mean you ship a mexican back and they'll go to their parents home, eat breakfast, take a dump, shower, and grab some corona's for their trip back to the U.S.

What happens when there are kids involved? Do you shoot them as well? Because that won't be condemned by the international community.

I see what you're saying, but if it were as simple as "make it open season on illegal mexicans" i'm sure all the rednecks in the south would be lined up with shotguns in hand.

Best you can home for is for the government to send more security to the border. It's too vast to cover completely unless you want to start violating human rights, then fire away.

IMHO, very severe punishments for americans aiding illegals and a real, honest to god barrier would be my picks.
      04-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #29
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
LOL isn't that what's going on currently? I mean you ship a mexican back and they'll go to their parents home, eat breakfast, take a dump, shower, and grab some corona's for their trip back to the U.S.

What happens when there are kids involved? Do you shoot them as well? Because that won't be condemned by the international community.

I see what you're saying, but if it were as simple as "make it open season on illegal mexicans" i'm sure all the rednecks in the south would be lined up with shotguns in hand.

Best you can home for is for the government to send more security to the border. It's too vast to cover completely unless you want to start violating human rights, then fire away.

IMHO, very severe punishments for americans aiding illegals and a real, honest to god barrier would be my picks.
Eh, fuck it. Everyone hates the US already.
      04-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #30
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Meh. It would cost too much to supply the ammunition to man the border. Even if you get lucky and hit 20-30% of your shots, that's still a lot of money.

California, and maybe some other states, would collapse immediately without the specific labor provided by illegals. We need to make them not want to come here, but on the other hand, if they weren't here, our economy would suffer greatly.

It's a Catch-22 on many fronts. So, send em to boot camp, ship em overseas, and if they come back, they have earned the right to be a "legal". Just my $.02.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #31
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

I think the real problem is the people of the US: We want $100,000/year jobs but don't want to pay more than $0.50 for a head of lettuce. We want our cake with ice cream, and want to eat it too. So to keep costs low, companies resort to cheaper labor, either exporting jobs overseas or hiring illegals under the table.

I don't know the best solution, but I do believe something has to be done to secure our borders. It is just too easy to get across. I don't so much care about people coming here to work*, but drugs, and especially terrorists, is a big concern....

*But no one who came here illegally should be ahead in line of anyone going through the proper channels.....
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #32
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I think the real problem is the people of the US: We want $100,000/year jobs but don't want to pay more than $0.50 for a head of lettuce. We want our cake with ice cream, and want to eat it too. So to keep costs low, companies resort to cheaper labor, either exporting jobs overseas or hiring illegals under the table.

I don't know the best solution, but I do believe something has to be done to secure our borders. It is just too easy to get across. I don't so much care about people coming here to work*, but drugs, and especially terrorists, is a big concern....

*But no one who came here illegally should be ahead in line of anyone going through the proper channels.....
Ding ding ding, post of the thread!
      04-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #33
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I don't know if taking the jobs away would do much to quell the influx. .....
This is how Western Europe deals with the issue, and it works.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #34
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
This is how Western Europe deals with the issue, and it works.
Right, but did they wait to do it until after their economies came to rely on it?

We'd need some methadone, figuratively speaking....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #35
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Basically what we've said here is Arizona to all the illegal immigrants is that we've had just about had ENOUGH!!!

If you are illegal, we can spot you in a line up 99 times out of 100, so law enforcement already knows who you are when we pass you on the streets. With the new LAW, if we suspect you are illegal, then law enforcement will be asking for your documentation. If you don't have the correct papers, we're shipping you A$$ back to wherever you came from.

...and for the 1% of you who happen to get stopped by law enforcement and asked for your papers, but happen to be LEGAL, then show your papers and shut up!!! We don't want to hear you bitch that your civil rights were violated. It was 5 minutes of your time. GET OVER IT!!!!

The US Constitution wasn't written back in 1776, so that 234 years later it could be used as a shield by millions of illegals walking the US street that aren't citizens and therefore aren't protected by the Constitution in the FIRTS PLACE!!!

I'm a Republican, in case that wasn't obvious.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 04-28-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #36
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
If you are illegal, we can spot you in a line up 99 times out of 100, so law enforcement already knows who you are when we pass you on the streets. With the new LAW, if we suspect you are illegal, then law enforcement will be asking for your documentation. If you don't have the correct papers, we're shipping you A$$ back to wherever you came from.

...and for the 1% of you who happen to get stopped by law enforcement and asked for your papers, but happen to be LEGAL, then show your papers and shut up!!! We don't want to hear you bitch that your civil rights were violated. It was 5 minutes of your time. GET OVER IT!!!!
Stalin found this logic to be very useful.

All we need to do is to make it impossible to work here illegally. Which means that all we need to do is enforce existing employment laws. No jobs, no illegals. A few employers in jail, the price of meat goes up 10 cents/pound and a few DINKS have to do their own yard work. Done.

We don't need to be stopping people on the street to demand their papers as if this is Germany in 1937 or the USSR in 1952. The TSA is bad enough, I don't want that mindset in my daily life.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #37
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stalin found this logic to be very useful.

All we need to do is to make it impossible to work here illegally. Which means that all we need to do is enforce existing employment laws. No jobs, no illegals. A few employers in jail, the price of meat goes up 10 cents/pound and a few DINKS have to do their own yard work. Done.

We don't need to be stopping people on the street to demand their papers as if this is Germany in 1937 or the USSR in 1952. The TSA is bad enough, I don't want that mindset in my daily life.
I don't care if YOU or anyone else equates the new AZ immigration laws to Communist Russia, Germany or Dr Suess' Whoville, for that matter. There isn't a thing anyone that opposes the law is going to do or say that will make me or any other proponent budge on the position.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Just get em all out, QUICKLY The new law already has some of them running back to wherever they belong.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 04-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #38
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
I don't care if YOU or anyone else equates the new AZ immigration laws to Communist Russia, Germany or Dr Suess' Whoville, for that matter. There isn't a thing anyone that opposes the law is going to do or say that will make me or any other proponent budge on the position.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Just get em all out, QUICKLY The new law already has some of them running back to wherever they belong.
It's too bad that the law enforcement agents know better than to utilize this law. You start busting people for immigration, you will never have cooperation when it comes to other, actual, crimes.

Don't worry, this law will be quickly overturned. Enjoy the Mexican-light living for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #39
Major
Rep

Quote:
There is an easy, proven way to solve the problem. Overnight. Simply enforce the already existing laws with regard to employment. If businesses did not hire them they would not come.

If you don't see the horror of police randomly demanding to see "your papers", and hauling you off to jail if you don't have them, then with all due respect you are more frightening to me than any truck load of desperate Mexicans looking for work.

We have an illegal immigration problem in this country for one reason and one reason only. We do not do what every other industrialized country does, which is to severely punish employers who systematically hire them. Go to Europe for a vacation and, for sport, try to apply for a job and see what happens.

The way to get the illegals to go home is to put a few CEOs in jail.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #40
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's too bad that the law enforcement agents know better than to utilize this law. You start busting people for immigration, you will never have cooperation when it comes to other, actual, crimes.

Don't worry, this law will be quickly overturned. Enjoy the Mexican-light living for now.

"Mexican-light" you said.
Mexicans?? Why did YOU refer to just the Mexicans? Do you have something against the Mexicans? I smell some racism here on your part.

I'll clarify for you. The new law will be enforced and apply to ALL illegal immigrants (not the "Mexicans", as you hinted) here in AZ for the next 20+ years, or however long we need it.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 04-29-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #41
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is an easy, proven way to solve the problem. Overnight. Simply enforce the already existing laws with regard to employment. If businesses did not hire them they would not come.

If you don't see the horror of police randomly demanding to see "your papers", and hauling you off to jail if you don't have them, then with all due respect you are more frightening to me than any truck load of desperate Mexicans looking for work.

We have an illegal immigration problem in this country for one reason and one reason only. We do not do what every other industrialized country does, which is to severely punish employers who systematically hire them. Go to Europe for a vacation and, for sport, try to apply for a job and see what happens.

The way to get the illegals to go home is to put a few CEOs in jail.
Again with the Mexicans. Are you saying that ALL the illegal immigrants here in AZ are Mexican? That's racism. Shame on you, 742.
To me an illegal alien does not have a specific skin color, but that does not seem to be the case for you.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 04-29-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #42
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Again with the Mexicans. Are you saying that ALL the illegal immigrants here in AZ are Mexican? That's racism. Shame on you, 742.
To me an illegal alien does not have a specific skin color, but that does not seem to be the case for you.
You fellas in AZ still have a tough time with all them Canadians coming down there, stealin' yer jobs, yer women, and yer beer?
      04-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #43
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

This issue should be dealt with on the state level. The Federal Government should have no place trying to stand against it, so long as the state's actions do not violate the Constitution. If people in Arizona do not like the law, they can move or speak with their vote. However, for anyone who doesn't live there, pay taxes there, or vote there, you really should not expect your voice to matter.

Common theme in this country: A citizen will tend to worry about other people's business before cleaning up his/her own back yard.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #44
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You fellas in AZ still have a tough time with all them Canadians coming down there, stealin' yer jobs, yer women, and yer beer?
LOL well they do manage to fill a hockey rink every few nights (or at least they DID)....
Appreciate 0