E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > wrapped my car



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #617
k-series
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: 95 Civic Si
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington, FL

iTrader: (0)

I suggest you just get the Oracal 970ra or 3m 1080. He got his shit cheap from a friend (if people would bother to read the thread).


Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #618
TheBeamerGuy
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 Mineral White 335i S
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-series View Post
I suggest you just get the Oracal 970ra or 3m 1080. He got his shit cheap from a friend (if people would bother to read the thread).


Steve

...... Ironic because I probably read more of this thread than you have, I've been researching wrapping for the past month and have been trying to figure out if 651 is ok for wrapping because people say its non comformable. I don't want to throw down 600-1K$ for a little project that I might fuck up on lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #619
TampaJoey
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

I found a website that charges $179 for a roll of 48" x 50' ORACAL 651 vinyl. They have a lot of color choices and different sizes. I'm doing 2 cars so I ordered 50' roll.

http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-651-I...oll-ORS6514850
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #620
TheBeamerGuy
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 Mineral White 335i S
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaJoey View Post
I found a website that charges $179 for a roll of 48" x 50' ORACAL 651 vinyl. They have a lot of color choices and different sizes. I'm doing 2 cars so I ordered 50' roll.

http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-651-I...oll-ORS6514850
That's the same website I linked... you already ordered it.....? I've read countless threads saying to stay away from it and I was about to order it until I read those. Let me know how it goes when you get it.

It looked like saran wrap in the picture btw lol.. :\
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #621
DELBOYCOOKIE
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: wales

iTrader: (0)

nice job
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #622
djaemac
Oh haiz
djaemac's Avatar
38
Rep
529
Posts

 
Drives: slllloooooowwww
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 661/619

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAudiGuy View Post
That's the same website I linked... you already ordered it.....? I've read countless threads saying to stay away from it and I was about to order it until I read those. Let me know how it goes when you get it.

It looked like saran wrap in the picture btw lol.. :\
I used it, so why can't other people? Maybe cuz they like to go the easy way. Like I've said before, 651 is very difficult to work with, but it gets the job done
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #623
typemoon
First Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
312
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaemac View Post
I used it, so why can't other people? Maybe cuz they like to go the easy way. Like I've said before, 651 is very difficult to work with, but it gets the job done
quick question about to attempt this, Ive only wrapped my trims and other smaller random stuff, but I've been using 1080 Dinoc so yes ima pussy but, Will be trying 651 for the whole car (cause its cheapper if I fucked up) question is DOOR HANDLES ! HOW >.< your mad man ! I look at your pic and Im like he didnt remove them o.O what maddness is this to get it to look perfect? or was there imperfection that the camera didnt catch and only the person who wrapped it will know its there? I have soo much to ask you and this thread just has too many page (Ive been peeking at this thread for atleast 6/8months now)

so any info / help you wanna throw out there I'd love to soak it all in
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #624
andydrives2fast
Private
andydrives2fast's Avatar
1
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Hope you find the kids that did that to your car!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #625
vhsc22
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 05 sti
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the ham

iTrader: (0)

i need five posts to be able to pm
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #626
vhsc22
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 05 sti
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the ham

iTrader: (0)

I need to be able to pm so i need five posts.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #627
vhsc22
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 05 sti
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the ham

iTrader: (0)

I need five posts so i can pm you
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #628
vhsc22
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 05 sti
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the ham

iTrader: (0)

I need five posts....... haha but it looks like you did a fantastic job
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #629
vhsc22
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 05 sti
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the ham

iTrader: (0)

Cant wait until I can pm you for info!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #630
brandonroy
Second Lieutenant
brandonroy's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (1)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=38002526166

$103 for 3m?
__________________

Last edited by brandonroy; 02-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #631
adriang
Captain
Canada
9
Rep
623
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nobleton

iTrader: (0)

the person who egged your car was just jealous... he was probably drivng a 1996 corolla anyway.. "F" him!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #632
BMW-335i-07
Coding
1
Rep
114
Posts

 
Drives: 335i 2007 BMW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonroy View Post
its only 3 yards....

need 25+ I think...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #633
kwsw
Lieutenant Colonel
kwsw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: M235i In the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ / SWFL

iTrader: (4)

came out great ,Im really ready to do this my self can you tell me where you got the vinyl from for that price
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #634
mseriesmotherf er
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: bone stock m3 csl
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsw View Post
came out great ,Im really ready to do this my self can you tell me where you got the vinyl from for that price
you and everyone else that keep asking the same questions over and over need to f-ing learn to read. this question has been answered more than enough times. the purpose of a thread is for people to be able to post info 1 time and have it there for everyone to see. just look. F-ing lazy pieces of sh!+. it only took about 2 hrs to read the whole thread, and if you're planning on doing this to your car, that is a fraction of the time you should spend researching this before you start.
and for everyone complaining about $500 to wrap your cars: IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD $500 TO WRAP A BMW OR AN AUDI THEN YOU NEED TO EITHER TRADE IN YOUR CAR FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN AFFORD OR STAY OUT OF THE CUSTOMIZING GAME. and $500 is nothing compared to a new paint job or a pro wrap job. DIY doesn't always mean dirt cheap, and frankly in the case of covering your car, it shouldn't be cheap. spend a little money so it looks good and stays looking good. yes the article about this guy is misleading. he got his wrap cheap because he knows someone, but even paying 5x that is still really cheap for a custom look on a car. retards
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #635
kwsw
Lieutenant Colonel
kwsw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: M235i In the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ / SWFL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseriesmotherf er View Post
you and everyone else that keep asking the same questions over and over need to f-ing learn to read. this question has been answered more than enough times. the purpose of a thread is for people to be able to post info 1 time and have it there for everyone to see. just look. F-ing lazy pieces of sh!+. it only took about 2 hrs to read the whole thread, and if you're planning on doing this to your car, that is a fraction of the time you should spend researching this before you start.
and for everyone complaining about $500 to wrap your cars: IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD $500 TO WRAP A BMW OR AN AUDI THEN YOU NEED TO EITHER TRADE IN YOUR CAR FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN AFFORD OR STAY OUT OF THE CUSTOMIZING GAME. and $500 is nothing compared to a new paint job or a pro wrap job. DIY doesn't always mean dirt cheap, and frankly in the case of covering your car, it shouldn't be cheap. spend a little money so it looks good and stays looking good. yes the article about this guy is misleading. he got his wrap cheap because he knows someone, but even paying 5x that is still really cheap for a custom look on a car. retards
Did you make a new account to say that. I saw it was a 29 page thread looked threw a few pages and didn't see the answer, its not research reading peoples comment and Im not worried about the price I just don't wanna pay more then is necessary that would be stupid, just cause you have a bmw doesn't mean you have to overpay for the same thing. And yeah the people who ask questions on the forum are "retards" your to much. You just must have some life cause you wasted 2 hours reading one thread go ahead and pick more fights for no reason.

Last edited by kwsw; 03-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #636
mseriesmotherf er
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: bone stock m3 csl
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

there were 3 guys that wrap cars for a living giving advice on this thread. that is definitely worth taking 2 hours to read.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #637
kwsw
Lieutenant Colonel
kwsw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: M235i In the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ / SWFL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseriesmotherf er View Post
there were 3 guys that wrap cars for a living giving advice on this thread. that is definitely worth taking 2 hours to read.
Ok we'll Im comfortable in doing the wrapping with out any trouble , But when I heard he got all those supplies for $120 not just the vinyl It made me wonder if where I was looking to buy my vinyl from was ripping me off thats all I wasn't trying to get you mad
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #638
mseriesmotherf er
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: bone stock m3 csl
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsw View Post
Ok we'll Im comfortable in doing the wrapping with out any trouble , But when I heard he got all those supplies for $120 not just the vinyl It made me wonder if where I was looking to buy my vinyl from was ripping me off thats all I wasn't trying to get you mad
that's the problem with the internet. i can get pissed about something and spout off without thinking and once i hit send, i can't take it back. that rant wasn't personal. it can't be. i don't know you. it came from frustration of reading 29 pages of a post to get about 2 pages worth of good info due to the repeated question. so sorry to you and everyone that i lost my sh!+ and spouted off like that.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST