E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Pittsburgh BMW Meets



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #1013
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
 
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

Posts: 3,138
iTrader: (21)

Hey spmn , where did u take your car for a wheel alignment after you were lowered
__________________
08 BMW 335i E93
**Stance will make B!tches Dance**
CCW LM5T
O HELLA BMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #1014
TwinTurboXI
Major
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,375
iTrader: (9)

have any of you guys done the CDV delete? I've had a modified one I purchased sitting in my garage for about 3 months now...
TwinTurboXI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #1015
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW View Post
Hey spmn , where did u take your car for a wheel alignment after you were lowered
I never did.
I lowered it myself so when I was taking everything apart I marked everything with a sharpie making sure I put it all back together lining everything up to where it was before it was taken apart.

When I put it all back together, my steering wheel was about 99% straight, you may not even notice it being off at all, as I was used to it prior to dismantle. So I left it go to see how it would do...

The rear tires are spent now, but wore really pretty evenly and the fronts are still at about 65% and wearing even so I am happy with the results.

Adds some time to the dismantle but well worth it.
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #1016
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
have any of you guys done the CDV delete? I've had a modified one I purchased sitting in my garage for about 3 months now...
I think Ian may have, ask him.
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #1017
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I never did.
I lowered it myself so when I was taking everything apart I marked everything with a sharpie making sure I put it all back together lining everything up to where it was before it was taken apart.

When I put it all back together, my steering wheel was about 99% straight, you may not even notice it being off at all, as I was used to it prior to dismantle. So I left it go to see how it would do...

The rear tires are spent now, but wore really pretty evenly and the fronts are still at about 65% and wearing even so I am happy with the results.

Adds some time to the dismantle but well worth it.
I think I'm about to pick up some coilovers. You have experience installing them?
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #1018
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I think Ian may have, ask him.
I've never done the CDV mod, but if you want we can meet up and do both our cars. The DIY looks pretty simple.
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #1019
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
I think I'm about to pick up some coilovers. You have experience installing them?
no man sorry.
What did you get?
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #1020
TwinTurboXI
Major
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,375
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
I've never done the CDV mod, but if you want we can meet up and do both our cars. The DIY looks pretty simple.
Ya i would meet up to do it... I also have an Mtech steering wheel coming in Wednesday that I need to install.
TwinTurboXI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #1021
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
no man sorry.
What did you get?
Went with the sonic tuning ones... Pretty good reviews, good price.
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #1022
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,896
iTrader: (0)

Hey, if you find a good suspension shop let me know. I ordered my AST coils for my xi back around Thanksgiving and they're finally suppose to get here next week.

I've installed a few suspensions before but live in a townhouse and my old neighbors would bitch about me tearing my car apart in the driveway.

Overall, the coil install looks fairly easy
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #1023
Bavarian Tech
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh/Harrisburg

Posts: 654
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Its sopose to be decent this weekend, anyone down for a photo meet ?
__________________
335i Sport Sedan: 6Speed: Sport :Prem : CIC Swap : M3 Cluster
Bavarian Tech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #1024
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Little pic I think the Pittsburgh crew can appreciate. Leilani (my 17mo daughter) and I on Superbowl Sunday:
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1025
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Little pic I think the Pittsburgh crew can appreciate. Leilani (my 17mo daughter) and I on Superbowl Sunday:
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #1026
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
ATTENTION

Guys listen I got the installer from AKMOTORWERK (Kevin) interested in coming out for a weekend to do installs on the many parts I know you guys have sitting around because we dont have the speed shops around here to take care of our installs.

Here is what I need from you:

Year and model of your car.
Modification compilation from each person.
And some availabilities from each person.

I will also ask that you talk amongst yourselves to try and come up with a good location (garage preferably) for the installs to take place, not just for your car, but all cars that will be worked on that weekend.


EDIT:

I have spoke with Kevin and have some prices put together. To protect Kevin I am going to refrain from posting them up, so please contact me via pm for any pricing you may need.


I am satisfied with his pricing as he is far cheaper than any shop you will find around here!
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |

Last edited by SpmnE9zero; 03-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #1027
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
ATTENTION

Guys listen I got the installer from AKMOTORWERK (Kevin) interested in coming out for a weekend to do installs on the many parts I know you guys have sitting around because we dont have the speed shops around here to take care of our installs.

Here is what I need from you:

Year and model of your car.
Modification compilation from each person.
And some availabilities from each person.

I will also ask that you talk amongst yourselves to try and come up with a good location (garage preferably) for the installs to take place, not just for your car, but all cars that will be worked on that weekend.


EDIT:

I have spoke with Kevin and have some prices put together. To protect Kevin I am going to refrain from posting them up, so please contact me via pm for any pricing you may need.


I am satisfied with his pricing as he is far cheaper than any shop you will find around here!
I'll definitely have him do my coilovers. I would offer my dp's too, because I hate putting them in on rhino ramps. Will he have a lift?

2008 e92
-coilovers
-downpipes (possibly)
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #1028
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
 
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

Posts: 3,138
iTrader: (21)

2008 335I E93 convert
1. Weisslicht led angel eye bulbs
2. xenesis white fog light bulbs , H8
3. 2010/2011 LCI rear tallights with coding(so i wont get the check bulb light)
4. Cyba red scoops
5. Hks BOV with a CPE Chargepipe (Maybe)
6. Ac Schnitzer Export quad exhaust(axle back) i need it clamped on.
and kevin may have to cut my rear bumper outlet so the quad tips can fit.)
7. My center trim (i need kevin to cut a hole in the center trim piece so my convertible button can fit)

anytime sunday is fine with me, i prefer early though.
__________________
08 BMW 335i E93
**Stance will make B!tches Dance**
CCW LM5T

Last edited by O HELLA BMW; 03-18-2011 at 10:30 PM.
O HELLA BMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #1029
328skidpad
First Lieutenant
 
328skidpad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335 e92 13 328 e93 08 ody
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pittsburgh-MARS, PA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

CDV delete

I have done CDV deletes on e 36me46 and e92's.

The e92 has a more restrictive Clutch/Brake Slave Reservoir so I recommend pushing the fluid to get air out instead of Pulling the fluid. PM me and I will be happy to advise..
bip

PS I was going to sell my car 3 months after I got it because I hated the clutch, did the CDV delete and it was a excellent mod. Very noticeable...

FYI I just drilled out my stock CDV from the stock 2mm orifice to about a 10mm orifice
328skidpad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #1030
328skidpad
First Lieutenant
 
328skidpad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335 e92 13 328 e93 08 ody
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pittsburgh-MARS, PA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

FEELER photoshoot April 2nd weekend

anyone up for a photoshoot april 2nd weekend?

got bored with weekend when the wife and kids were busy..

Some Meguiars Rubbing compound-Very impressive for taking out scratches and swirls
Some S100 wax from Indian Motorcycles $16

www.fotoflexor.com to edit pics lost some sharpness with edit

Camera --Canon SX10 Hybrid SLR "Landscape mode"
Attached Images
   

Last edited by 328skidpad; 03-21-2011 at 11:39 AM.
328skidpad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #1031
328skidpad
First Lieutenant
 
328skidpad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335 e92 13 328 e93 08 ody
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pittsburgh-MARS, PA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Ian what coilover setup are you going to run?
328skidpad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #1032
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328skidpad View Post
anyone up for a photoshoot april 2nd weekend?

got bored with weekend when the wife and kids were busy..

Some Meguiars Rubbing compound-Very impressive for taking out scratches and swirls
Some S100 wax from Indian Motorcycles $16

www.fotoflexor.com to edit pics lost some sharpness with edit

Camera --Canon SX10 Hybrid SLR "Landscape mode"
I'm in. Went with the Sonic Tuning coilovers... Again, as mentioned before, I don't know a lot about suspensions so I went with them because of price and positive user reviews.

Just need someone to install them! I'm reading the DIY's and it actually doesn't look hard at all. Just need a few more tools and I could pull it off.
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #1033
328skidpad
First Lieutenant
 
328skidpad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335 e92 13 328 e93 08 ody
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pittsburgh-MARS, PA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

hey Ian
good choice, thanks to shane's help I am seriously considering coilovers as I am planing to keep my car for some time and as much as I would like a simple mod like HR Springs many members say that the ride is "terrible" on e92's.

I know many people that have the HR Sport on their 330's 530's 540's and like them but for some reason they dont fare well on e92's with Sport suspension due to the dampening factor...

Wish I could help with parts but I only have ramps for low suspension cars.

rgd cosmetic mods, I have had reliable and excellent service from jbspeed.com a forum sponsor
328skidpad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #1034
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328skidpad View Post
anyone up for a photoshoot april 2nd weekend?

got bored with weekend when the wife and kids were busy..

Some Meguiars Rubbing compound-Very impressive for taking out scratches and swirls
Some S100 wax from Indian Motorcycles $16

www.fotoflexor.com to edit pics lost some sharpness with edit

Camera --Canon SX10 Hybrid SLR "Landscape mode"
BIP your car is stunning bro!
I am game for the meet on the 2nd!
Anyone want to do a wash and wax meet then pics?
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
SpmnE9zero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST