E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Suspension Review



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Suspension Review

are these any good? Any one have these installed?


http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Suspension-...xRQxoC01vw_wcB
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
e90Cam
Major
e90Cam's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
1,033
Posts

 
Drives: e90 LCI
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to e90Cam
$292,26
Da fuq?

or is it 292.26
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Cam View Post
$292,26
Da fuq?

or is it 292.26
hahaha most likely 292.26 lol
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
888Concept
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
6
Rep
85
Posts


 
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Orange County, Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Cam View Post
$292,26
Da fuq?

or is it 292.26
In other countries, or most I should say, use a comma in place of the decimal point.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
XM_Rocks
Lieutenant
4
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

FK is definitely an ok brand and widely used on the VW scene.

I think the MK3 and Mk4 GTI guys use them.

Can you order these in the states? That ".de" is not Delaware.

Also why is this in the photo/video gallery section?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
FK is definitely an ok brand and widely used on the VW scene.

I think the MK3 and Mk4 GTI guys use them.

Can you order these in the states? That ".de" is not Delaware.

Also why is this in the photo/video gallery section?
i feel like more ppl look at this section more
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
e90Cam
Major
e90Cam's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
1,033
Posts

 
Drives: e90 LCI
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to e90Cam
fuck, if its only $260 try them out and let us know how they are lol.
Basically the same price as springs
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
Bdifferent
Private First Class
Bdifferent's Avatar
1
Rep
197
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Cam View Post
fuck, if its only $260 try them out and let us know how they are lol.
Basically the same price as springs
+1
__________________
2011 335i Coupe Born 5/15/10 | Spacegrau Metallic | Leder Dakota | Harmon Kardon | Convenience Package | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Sport Package | 19" 230 Style Wheel | 225/35/19 front 255/30/19 rear Bridgestone Potenza
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Taran.J
Youtube.com/Taran861 ModMyEuro.com
Taran.J's Avatar
United_States
75
Rep
5,105
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e90 328i & multiple Merc's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma/Puyallup, WA

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Skype™ to Taran.J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdifferent
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Cam View Post
fuck, if its only $260 try them out and let us know how they are lol.
Basically the same price as springs
+1
+2 dont slam the car just stance it and see how the shocks take a beating
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 12:07 AM   #10
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Chris_Rav's Avatar
5
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (8)

Just saying, The fact that the price is in Euro's and the shipping costs coming from Germany, I would assume, would probably eat away greatly on the savings of a better known coil for our platform.
__________________
2011 AW / CR 6MT 335i Xdrive Coupe | JB4 Stage 2 | BMS Intake | Performance Spoiler | Red Wheels | Blacked Out Roof | Wrapped Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #11
JeM9
Captain
JeM9's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
624
Posts

 
Drives: 11 328i AT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Damn, the setup for the e90 is even cheaper! Might have to buy a set! Good looking out
__________________
2011 Jet Black 328i e90 | Premium Convenience Package |Nav|Black Dakota Leather|Gloss Black Grilles|Black Wheels|Debadged|15% Tint|LUX H8 V5|Custom Coding|DEPO|
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #12
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Cam View Post
fuck, if its only $260 try them out and let us know how they are lol.
Basically the same price as springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdifferent View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
+2 dont slam the car just stance it and see how the shocks take a beating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Rav View Post
Just saying, The fact that the price is in Euro's and the shipping costs coming from Germany, I would assume, would probably eat away greatly on the savings of a better known coil for our platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeM9 View Post
Damn, the setup for the e90 is even cheaper! Might have to buy a set! Good looking out
i was bugging out when i saw it lol.... so cheap but im not looking to lower the car much.. i live in nyc and the roads are really bad,, but i have 90k miles so im going to need a new suspension so im looking for something.... i might call them and about shipping!
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #13
MORTON
First Lieutenant
United_States
13
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 6SPD E90
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: PALM COAST, FL

iTrader: (0)

292$ Euro = $347 USD + shipping. probably be around $480 - $500 USD shipped im assuming..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
292$ Euro = $347 USD + shipping. probably be around $480 - $500 USD shipped im assuming..
Yes but are they any good is the question? i check on other forums and they like and dislike it... its almost like a koni yellow i think people like and dislike them also...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
MORTON
First Lieutenant
United_States
13
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 6SPD E90
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: PALM COAST, FL

iTrader: (0)

I have not heard anything bad about them. I guess it's really up to you. With anything out there you will find good and bad reviews. When it comes to suspension I always go with the bigger more well known names (not solely because of the name, but the reputation that comes along with it). I had a Honda before my current vehicle and had Tein coilovers and loved them easy install, before that I had eibach springs and liked those as well. I have not lowered my 08' e90 just yet but when I do I will probably go with BC Racing Coilovers or H&R Coilovers.. Suspension is not the place to cheap out man in my experience because it effects so many other things if something goes wrong or starts giving out.. BMW's are not the car to go for cheap suspension mods because the cost of the repair on the other items effects is far greater than lets say a Honda or Mustang... Just my two cents man, save up and go with what you know has a proven track record for making great suspension based products. Hope I helped a little.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
I have not heard anything bad about them. I guess it's really up to you. With anything out there you will find good and bad reviews. When it comes to suspension I always go with the bigger more well known names (not solely because of the name, but the reputation that comes along with it). I had a Honda before my current vehicle and had Tein coilovers and loved them easy install, before that I had eibach springs and liked those as well. I have not lowered my 08' e90 just yet but when I do I will probably go with BC Racing Coilovers or H&R Coilovers.. Suspension is not the place to cheap out man in my experience because it effects so many other things if something goes wrong or starts giving out.. BMW's are not the car to go for cheap suspension mods because the cost of the repair on the other items effects is far greater than lets say a Honda or Mustang... Just my two cents man, save up and go with what you know has a proven track record for making great suspension based products. Hope I helped a little.


you are 1000% correct.. my friend had the x6 5.0 and he put some weird suspension and it fucked up the whole ride and also cost him more because it did more damage somewhere... so i will wait for something like kv1 maybe
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #17
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
34
Rep
2,868
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 335i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (4)

They're ok, i had a set on my GTI, and they rode nice, and def much better over stock used and abused ones./
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
They're ok, i had a set on my GTI, and they rode nice, and def much better over stock used and abused ones./
i mean im not tracking my car ever ... its a daily dirver... so for none performance replacement over stock you think its a bit better?
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
34
Rep
2,868
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 335i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklobuci View Post
i mean im not tracking my car ever ... its a daily dirver... so for none performance replacement over stock you think its a bit better?
Yes definately.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
MORTON
First Lieutenant
United_States
13
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 6SPD E90
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: PALM COAST, FL

iTrader: (0)

You are on the right track now brother. Believe me I went the 'cheaper' route cause I just couldn't wait and believe me I ended up spending a ton of money much like your friend did.. Find the good ones you want so you get a solid price and a goal to save up for and before you know it they will be in the mail and at your house man, after all we've got nothing but time!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #21
MORTON
First Lieutenant
United_States
13
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 6SPD E90
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: PALM COAST, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
They're ok, i had a set on my GTI, and they rode nice, and def much better over stock used and abused ones./
Anything's just about better than stock, however, longevity wise probably better off with the big boys.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #22
dklobuci
First Lieutenant
dklobuci's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: staten island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
You are on the right track now brother. Believe me I went the 'cheaper' route cause I just couldn't wait and believe me I ended up spending a ton of money much like your friend did.. Find the good ones you want so you get a solid price and a goal to save up for and before you know it they will be in the mail and at your house man, after all we've got nothing but time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
Anything's just about better than stock, however, longevity wise probably better off with the big boys.
thanks for advice will get the most popular ones
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST