E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > P3 Vent Gauge V2 - The #1 BMW boost gauge now with canbus! █ PRE-ORDER SPECIAL █

Closed Thread

12-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
RiXst3r

Drives: M235i

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
P3 Vent Gauge V2 - The #1 BMW boost gauge now with canbus! █ PRE-ORDER SPECIAL █

UPDATE: 6-2-2011

BMW v2 PRE-ORDER -- LAST CHANCE! PRE-ORDER CLOSING THIS WEEK!
http://www.p3cars.com/bmw-v2-order
NEW PRE-ORDERS SHIP IN 10-14 DAYS - PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT ENDING THIS WEEK!

PRE-ORDER HERE:
http://www.p3cars.com/bmw-v2-order/
to get the special intro price!

For the last year we have been working on re-designing the gauge hardware from the ground up... and we are done!

We kept all the things everyone loved about the first version and added more!

Here is what we ended up with...

- New 4 digit readout with a better quality tighter bargraph for a cleaner look
- 3 inputs for sensors -- Boost comes with it, but you can also hook up for meth flow, an LC-1 widband, or really any sensor with a 0-5v output, as the inputs are configurable on the gauge
- New dual button setup for easier navigation
- full off disable/lockout mode. Ultimate stealth... no more logo LED's staying lit.

And...

Canbus connectivity!

- Display on the gauge AIT, Coolant temp, Timing, Throttle plate, EGT, RPM w/ shiftlight and a digital speed readout and a performance timer!
- Read and clear EXTENDED BMW CODES right on the gauge! With the new 4 digit display, there is no laptops needed, and no need to figure out complex schemes, the entire ACTUAL code is displayed on the gauge, and multiple codes will cycle through one by one so you can see them all!

SPLIT MODE! - for you meth junkies, force the bargraph to always display meth flow, and put boost or any other value on the digits!

RUN RECORD MODE! - Think of it as an extended peak recall... hold the peak recall button and then the gauge will record the currently display parameter for 15 seconds and allow you to then play it back! Perfect for seeing what your actual boost curves look like without needing to look down at the gauge!

PRE-ORDER HERE:

Here's a quick demo video...

Please keep in mind that the software is still in BETA status, so there are more things possible that are not shown here.

Covered in this video are the following:

Display modes on the gauge:
Boost/Vac, AIT, Coolant temp, Timing, Throttle plate, EGT, RPM w/ shiftlight, digital speed readout.

A Demo of the 0-60 timer

Shiftlight demo:
shiftlight set to 3500rpm for the video. Shiftlight works in all modes, or you can disable it.

15 second instant datalog:
record the current value as well as RPM and then play it back. (RPM shown on the bargraph so you can reference what the value is at approx. RPM)

Extended BMW Code read/clear
If your car has one or more codes in the DME, it will display them when you start the car and then proceed to the normal gauge mode after all codes have been displayed. Holding the button at this time will clear the codes.

There is more that is not shown.... but we will cover soon, this includes:
-configuring the shiftlight
-configuring the 2 universal analog inputs (you set the values for 0-5v, as well as the number of decimal points on the gauge)
-meth flow display
-and more...

Here is a quick FAQ...

What is the availability of this product and who is P3Cars?
The gauge is currently shipping… hardware is finilized. P3cars got their start making boost gauges for BMW’s, and have dominated that market with their integrated boost gauge product. Unmatched quality and attention to detail has set them apart in the market and allowed them to quickly rise to be the #1 source for a BMW boost gauge.

How does it read boost/vacuum?

We don't like to give you "sorta boost" or "pre-boost" ... we like to show actual real manifold boost. Boost data can be read directly from the manifold by tapping at the DV's with the included plug and play sensor for N54's... For N55's we will offer reading boost/vac directly off canbus, as the n55 has a sensor on the manifold!

Where does the other data come from?
The gauge connects to the diagnostic port to pull data, serveral connection methods are avaiable for quick plug and play install or for fully integrated install onto canbus wires behind the dash. The gauge also has a total of 3 analog inputs for hooking up other optional sensors.

Does the vent still work?
Yep! Just as before the vent blows air and the open close feature still works.

What features will it have, and will you have updates?

The product will most likely ship with Boost, AIT, Coolant, EGT, Throttle, timing, RPM w/shiftlight, performance timer, and BMW code read/clear. More features will be in development and the gauge software can be upgraded easily, without even taking it out of your car!

What will it cost?

Same as before, $399... with a lower cost "boost only" version for people that just want a boost gauge.

How long is the wait?

We are building them as fast as possible… but some parts are hard to come by, so orders will be shipped first come first serve. We will have the first batch of units ready to ship sometime in late January.

Is this all the information?
There are a few extra things the gauge is capable of that we are keeping under wraps for a few more weeks until a full demo can be shown, so stay tuned. Follow us on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/p3cars) or check back here for updates.

Do I need a certain tune?

Nope! The gauge works with all tunes, flashes, etc... even works perfect on stock cars!

PRE-ORDER HERE:

Last edited by RiXst3r; 06-02-2011 at 10:01 AM.
      12-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
bonertyme
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW 335i TIAG

very sick..
      12-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
Iwantm3
Banned

Drives: 335i M sport

wow this is great, will I be able to see meth flow and boost at the same time ? meth flow as a bar and boost as numbers or no ?
Iwantm3 is offline   United_States
      12-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel

Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
We will also have a version that lets puts a plug and play harness inline on the port so its completely open still for other devices(you just need to disable the gauge so it doesn't interfere with diagnostic tools, there is a mode for that.)

-Rick
About this:

Will the version that is on sale on your website have this feature integrated already? Or can the gauge just be installed with the wires all behind the dash so that the OBD port is free anyway? (that would be my preferred option)

Alpina_B3_Lux
      12-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
335Dude
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i Coupe

"Extended BMW Code read/clear
If your car has one or more codes in the DME, it will display them when you start the car and then proceed to the normal gauge mode after all codes have been displayed. Holding the button at this time will clear the codes."

Does this mean it can clear everything? shadow/tuner codes & service lights?

Last edited by 335Dude; 12-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.
      12-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
335Dude
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i Coupe

edit: just saw the demo video and it says it can detect and clear shadow codes. can it also reset service lights? and is there any guarantee it will definitely clear all codes?

Also is the PLUS version that much easier to remove? whats the difference in install/remove times?
      12-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Wookie420
Major

Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Ordered!! This is gonna be sick! Can't beat the rebate for current V1 owners either, thanks man!!
Any chance you can PM what place in line I am???

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
      12-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Dude View Post
edit: just saw the demo video and it says it can detect and clear shadow codes. can it also reset service lights? and is there any guarantee it will definitely clear all codes?

Also is the PLUS version that much easier to remove? whats the difference in install/remove times?
Yes, it will do obd2 codes, check engine light, SES light, and bmw extended codes and shadow codes.

We use the global DME code clear command, same as what the BT Tool uses, and we also can send generic obd2 clear commands.

The PLUS version means you don't have to spend the extra time unclipping and taking apart the vent.

-Rick
      12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
About this:

Will the version that is on sale on your website have this feature integrated already? Or can the gauge just be installed with the wires all behind the dash so that the OBD port is free anyway? (that would be my preferred option)

Alpina_B3_Lux
We will have instructions for installing both ways.

-Rick
      12-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
bigdog34uz
Captain

Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.50]
I want this but I have to order in Jan!!!!!!!! Christmas is draining me right now.

13.00 @ 108.89 JB4 Times
      12-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
mm347
Private

Drives: 335i

Does the new version have anti-reflective coating?
The reason I ask is because it's almost impossible to see my V1 gauge on sunny days (yes, I have increased the brightness to the max).
      12-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm347 View Post
Does the new version have anti-reflective coating?
The reason I ask is because it's almost impossible to see my V1 gauge on sunny days (yes, I have increased the brightness to the max).
I've never heard anyone complain about the v1 gauge brightness before, but we did make some changes that might help with that. It was already better than other digital gauges on the market but this should help even more.

We have a new glass supplier now, so consequently we switched to a different non-glare texture and upped the brightness of the gauge more overall with a different color filter that lets more orange light through and brighter LED's. I think it made a pretty big difference...

Last edited by RiXst3r; 12-18-2010 at 08:36 PM.
      12-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
RiXst3r

Thanks for all the pre-orders! You guys are going to love this gauge!
      01-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Bump for updates... When will these start shipping?
      01-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
shockin330i
Brigadier General

Drives: blue

Ok, I have a question here about the n55. You say it will read boost from the manifold. Would there be anyway to use this to connect meth? No one has been able to run meth on the n55 (besides shiv and his pnp unit) because they can't seem to find the boost/vaccum line since its in the manifold.

I hope some of that made sense...
      01-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Ok, I have a question here about the n55. You say it will read boost from the manifold. Would there be anyway to use this to connect meth? No one has been able to run meth on the n55 (besides shiv and his pnp unit) because they can't seem to find the boost/vaccum line since its in the manifold.

I hope some of that made sense...
I haven't done a whole lot of n55 testing yet, but will be soon...

We are just pulling data from the ECU... so your meth kit would have to either do the same(like with the procede) to monitor boost, or it would need to tap into the existing map sensor voltage output and be properly scaled.

-Rick
      01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Bump for updates... When will these start shipping?
4-6 weeks depending on your spot in line.
      01-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
acivick
Lieutenant

Drives: Dinan Sedona 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Sorry if this has been covered someplace before, but what's the installation looking like if upgrading from the v1? Is it just a matter of swapping the vent or am I still going to need to mess around with the electronics again?
      01-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #19
rmw04c
Jewbacca

Drives: 2011 SGM 335is

Just ordered a PLUS since I broke my vent removing my old one to take it to the dealer last week! Woohoo!
      01-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #20
MusclezMarinara
Banned

Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
WAY TO GO !
MusclezMarinara is offline   United_States
      01-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
BMOEW
Major

Drives: 2011 335is AW

How much will it be if i had the older one. I bought it from you guys on the first ever group buy.
      01-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #22
e46m3to335i
Captain

Drives: 2010 E92 M3

I hate to be a negative nancy here but I really wish you guys could offer your products for the 335 "AND" 135i at the same time. I feel like im a red headed step child or something because I own a 135i when I see products offered for the 335i and not the 135i. Just my .02 cents.......

-Nick
Closed Thread