E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Has anyone installed the Neo Pro Link for IPod?

04-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
bschless
Registered

Drives: Silver 2006 3series conv

Has anyone installed the Neo Pro Link for IPod?

Has anyone installed the Neo Pro Link for an Ipod? It advertises as plugging directly into the CD changer plug in the trunk. If it does workas adertised does it require a dealer reset to the computer for it to work similar to intalling an aftermarket CD changer? Here's a link to their site...http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.php?products_id=96
If it works it sounds like a great way out of the "I can't stand my 6 CD's any longer and I'm sick of reloading them" that I'm hearing from my wife!
      04-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
fdriller9
Banned

Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
From what I see, it's plug and play. Although you need to run the iPod cable up to the front to use the iPod itself to control music. IMO, changing/sorting through songs through the factory HU is a PITA, especially if you have alot of music on your iPod. If not then it's not that bad, or if you memorize your playlists. I use the Blackberry Stereo Gateway in my car and wireless stream music from my iPhone to my car's aux port. You can find bluetooth modules that will plug into the iPod so you can stream to the aux port. Something I thought you should know. CD quality sound and best of all, I have complete wireless integration of my phone in my car...calls and music. The only time I need to plug in my phone is when I need to charge it.
fdriller9 is offline   United_States
      04-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
I have nav and using the factory unit for my I-Pod is quite easy. If you dont have nav then it really is a PITA. It looks plug and play to me as well. Call your dealer to get an estimate on the programming if any is necessary.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
      04-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Vypurr
Private First Class

Drives: 335Ci

I have the ipod integration on mine with the Nav, but I got the icarkit for my Jeep Grand cherokee & it works great, I got a ProClip setup also & the iphone couldn't be more integrated, uconnect for calls & music & controls all work thru steering wheel, all with a nice slide-in holder.

I'm getting a similar setup for my F150 in fact, it's not "cheap" but it's clean & it works - at least in my other car.
      04-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
fdriller9
Banned

Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypurr View Post
I have the ipod integration on mine with the Nav, but I got the icarkit for my Jeep Grand cherokee & it works great, I got a ProClip setup also & the iphone couldn't be more integrated, uconnect for calls & music & controls all work thru steering wheel, all with a nice slide-in holder.

I'm getting a similar setup for my F150 in fact, it's not "cheap" but it's clean & it works - at least in my other car.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...explain more please. Is the icarkit available for our cars? Any pics? Video would be awesome, if you have time.
fdriller9 is offline   United_States
      04-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #6
Vypurr
Private First Class

Drives: 335Ci

Oops, sorry for not being clear. I don't have the icarkit in my 335, my 335 has the USB/AUX from the factory, so I have the combo cable & got the ProClip holder so my iphone is very neatly setup in the 335 - but not with icarkit. icarkit offers a solution for integration, it's the mobridge, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

I do have icarkit in my Jeep Cherokee, coupled with a ProClip holder, and it's awesome.
I'm ordering this setup for my Lincoln Mark LT (F150 really). But I don't have any personal exp with icarkit in a bimmer. Just thought I'd share my exp using their products in my other car(s).
      04-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
mase
Banned

Drives: 335i

Do any of these show songs in the iDrive?
      04-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
pearlwhites
First Lieutenant

Drives: 1M, 06 CTT, 07 A8L

Let us know how it turns out.
pearlwhites is offline   United_States
      05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
GenePoole
Lieutenant

Drives: '06 E90 330i

I just got an email back from their tech support. This unit DOES require software update from BMW. It emulates a CD-changer and requires the CD-changer update.