E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Three Stage Intake Manifold Conversion for 328/325



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #287
325/528
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: pinto
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: lost soul

Posts: 221
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome_Rob View Post
Whhaatttt????? Dude give me the low down, por favor.
Same swap as noted by e90pilot. All the wiring is there. I currently have the OE tune.
325/528 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #288
Handsome_Rob
Private First Class
 
Drives: 528
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NNY

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325/528 View Post
Same swap as noted by e90pilot. All the wiring is there. I currently have the OE tune.
I'll shoot you a PM. Dont wanna hi-jack someones thread.
Handsome_Rob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #289
danielh1018
New Member
 
Drives: E90 LCI 323i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Hi, guys,
I got a Euro E90 N52N 325i with 2.5L engine,
I'm wondering how much power/tq I can gain to replace a 3 stage intake + remap.
Or it must be a 3.0L engine to do so~~~
danielh1018 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #290
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,682
iTrader: (4)

bump. can this be done to reach its full potential? The biggest issue I would see would be finding someone to do a tune on it.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #291
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
 
e90pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

Posts: 2,090
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh1018 View Post
Hi, guys,
I got a Euro E90 N52N 325i with 2.5L engine,
I'm wondering how much power/tq I can gain to replace a 3 stage intake + remap.
Or it must be a 3.0L engine to do so~~~
Check under your hood. Most 2.5L N52s have the 3-stage manifold already.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
e90pilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #292
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,682
iTrader: (4)

Just finished reading the thread in your sig. Realized that in the end. Man. an hour of my life.......good work with yours though. I am still trying to figure out the best value for my $ on mods to my 323i. No one offers any tunes for it. BMS powerbox is all I have seen.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #293
danielh1018
New Member
 
Drives: E90 LCI 323i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Check under your hood. Most 2.5L N52s have the 3-stage manifold already.
I check the DISA and only find one high speed DISA, but no low speed DISA.
I think it's only 2-stage manifold.
SO after this mod, i guess i can get more torque over 4000 rpm than it's now.
Can't wait to mod the manifold and DISA~~
danielh1018 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #294
NIGnBMW
New Member
 
NIGnBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E60, Black Sapphire
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Good morning Guys,
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to issabmw, e90pilot and all the other pioneers who put a lot of time, effort and research into making this project successful.

I am the owner of a 2007 E60 (525i) with the N52B30 Engine and recently completed this mod with great success thanks to the help of a local performance shop and excellent customer support from Viral at Active Autowerke in Miami who re-mapped and coded my ECU.

Dyno results based on my best run and considering a 1.21 correction factor with a Model 248 Dyno, brings me in right around 250hp @ 228ft-Lbs torque.

If anyone is interested in the thread you can find it here:

http://forums.5series.net/topic/1127...25i-50hp-gain/

Cheers and thanks again!
NIGnBMW is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #295
335imax
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

My friend is ready to do the intake manifold swap!

What do you think an independant dealer would charge to do the labor on the intake manifold swap. I did mine myself, and it was a great learning experience, but I would not do the labor myself again. Im thinking it can be done for less than $1000.00 what do you guys think? Labor Only... am I close?
__________________
335i Sport
335imax is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #296
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
 
DUI Elite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,594
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh1018 View Post
Hi, guys,
I got a Euro E90 N52N 325i with 2.5L engine,
I'm wondering how much power/tq I can gain to replace a 3 stage intake + remap.
Or it must be a 3.0L engine to do so~~~
I believe you need the 3.0L motor do to the swap. The reason it works on the US 325i is because it uses the same 3.0L motor out of the 330i. I'm speculating though, anyone who has experience with it feel free to correct me.
DUI Elite is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #297
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,373
iTrader: (4)

Not quite, it should also fit on the 2.5L engine, but many of the 2.5L versions of the 325i already have the 3-stage manifold, so you would need to check.
mike-y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #298
Hedges
Major General
 
Hedges's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 5,181
iTrader: (8)

Purchased parts now awaiting delivery!
__________________
Hedges is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #299
!MAD!
New Member
 
Drives: E90, 325i (3.0), 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belarus, Minsk

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Hi!
May be i've missed something but..
I've bought a 3-stage intake already and i don't know what should i do with my ecu to get a 330 power. The main aim is to get at least stock 330i power.

1. I can buy a BMS powerbox an install it but I doubt that it will get me closer to the 330i power. It can be installed only like an addition to the full remaped ecu. So I don't need to buy it.

2. I need to find anybody who will remap my stock 325i to stock 330i without any powerboxes and other third party tunes.

Am i right?
!MAD! is offline   Belarus
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #300
CobraMarty
Lieutenant
 
CobraMarty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA

Posts: 503
iTrader: (5)

How much is everyone paying for these manifolds?
__________________
2007 328xi E92 Coupe // 6 MT-Crimson Red, Black Interior, Brushed Silver Trim//Sport Seats//BMW Perf. SW Alcantara//CF Roof, Front Lip, Trunk Lip Spoilers//18" 197, F-5mm, R-15mm Spacers//Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads//MGP Red Caliper Covers//BMW Alarm System//BMW CF Perf. Strut Brace//LUX H8 v3.0 AE//6k HID Fogs//BMW PE//Macht Schnell Intake Scoops//BMW EURO Intake//AA Tune//188AWHP-->196AWHP-->216AWHP//SOON- 3 Stage Intake Manifold!
CobraMarty is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #301
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
 
e90pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

Posts: 2,090
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MAD! View Post
Hi!
May be i've missed something but..
I've bought a 3-stage intake already and i don't know what should i do with my ecu to get a 330 power. The main aim is to get at least stock 330i power.

1. I can buy a BMS powerbox an install it but I doubt that it will get me closer to the 330i power. It can be installed only like an addition to the full remaped ecu. So I don't need to buy it.

2. I need to find anybody who will remap my stock 325i to stock 330i without any powerboxes and other third party tunes.

Am i right?
Well, getting it to stock 330i programming isn't as easy as you'd think. You can get it flashed from the dealer because your vin indicates a 325. Only BMWNA can reprogram your option list to accept a 330 program. A third party tuner can modify your program to "take advantage of the 3-stage manifold." No one has been able to get an exact 330 program in. There are also other parameters no in engine programming that need to be adjusted as well. I'm only regurgitating what others have told me. I don'r have any personal experience with the ECU (sometime I wish I did).
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
e90pilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #302
!MAD!
New Member
 
Drives: E90, 325i (3.0), 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belarus, Minsk

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Well, getting it to stock 330i programming isn't as easy as you'd think. You can get it flashed from the dealer because your vin indicates a 325. Only BMWNA can reprogram your option list to accept a 330 program. A third party tuner can modify your program to "take advantage of the 3-stage manifold." No one has been able to get an exact 330 program in. There are also other parameters no in engine programming that need to be adjusted as well. I'm only regurgitating what others have told me. I don'r have any personal experience with the ECU (sometime I wish I did).
Thanks for your answer first, and yea, I know that it is not easy and if we simply change our program to 330s program, it will work in an emergency mode and it will blink with different warnings like a christmas tree.
So, I need to find anybody who can develop and reprogram my stock 325 maps so that they will be similar to the 330s maps. And I don't need to buy any kind of chips like BMS powerbox. Am I right?
But.. AA tune is a similar to BMS chip as far as I could understand but you advise to get AA tune along with a manifold change.. I'm completely confused..

The main problem is to find a local ecu programmer who can remap it.. So, I want to know if there are any bolt on solutions similar to the BMS chips. Or may be I can buy any cables or adapters to upload any already remapped flash to my bimmer, if anybody could share it..
!MAD! is offline   Belarus
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #303
Johnny D
Major
 
Johnny D's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hot Springs, AR

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.58]
My manifold arrived today. $345 shipped

I havent opened the box yet and Im nervious about it. I either got a steal and got everything needed for that price, or I paid $345 for a used manifold and now have to order the rest of the parts.

We shall see in 20 minutes
Johnny D is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #304
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
 
e90pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

Posts: 2,090
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MAD! View Post
Thanks for your answer first, and yea, I know that it is not easy and if we simply change our program to 330s program, it will work in an emergency mode and it will blink with different warnings like a christmas tree.
So, I need to find anybody who can develop and reprogram my stock 325 maps so that they will be similar to the 330s maps. And I don't need to buy any kind of chips like BMS powerbox. Am I right?
But.. AA tune is a similar to BMS chip as far as I could understand but you advise to get AA tune along with a manifold change.. I'm completely confused..

The main problem is to find a local ecu programmer who can remap it.. So, I want to know if there are any bolt on solutions similar to the BMS chips. Or may be I can buy any cables or adapters to upload any already remapped flash to my bimmer, if anybody could share it..
Let me clarify something a little. The BMS power box and the AA tune are two completely different things. The BMS box modifies the input signals to the ECU to achieve a different output. The problem is the fact that the ECU adapts to the modified signals. The AA tune completely changes the engine maps. So the AA tune can can be specifically programmed to use the advantages of a 3-stage manifold. The BMS box cannot since it wasn't designed. At AA, an engineer reprograms your car.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
e90pilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #305
MaximusJ
Colonel
 
MaximusJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 2,122
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
How much is everyone paying for these manifolds?
I've ordered everything new @ Tischer. About $900 in parts. 470 for the manifold and about 160 for each actuator if I remember correctly. Plus the gaskets, screws and vent hose.
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #306
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,373
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntar View Post
My manifold arrived today. $345 shipped

I havent opened the box yet and Im nervious about it. I either got a steal and got everything needed for that price, or I paid $345 for a used manifold and now have to order the rest of the parts.

We shall see in 20 minutes

I got mine used and it came with everything attached, so you might get lucky.
mike-y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #307
Johnny D
Major
 
Johnny D's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hot Springs, AR

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
I got mine used and it came with everything attached, so you might get lucky.
I peeked into the top of the box and no actuators attached. Havent unboxed it to see if they are loose inside.
Johnny D is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #308
Johnny D
Major
 
Johnny D's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hot Springs, AR

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.58]
And now I have unboxed everything and no actuators. I was told it would come complete. Going to delay the install now and have to call on Monday.
Johnny D is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST