E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tips when buying an E90??

05-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #23
Kris335d

Drives: BMW 335d Sport Coupe 07

Cars in CAP have dropped alot in april unless obviously its a convertible.
      05-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
Kris335d

Again this is the same speech i have with dealers and traders i talk to every day, these guides are just that, ''Guides'' too many people take them as red.
You need to apply common sense i believe especially with the way the market is now. I have personally thrown the guides out of the window and just used common sense. Even giving 2,600 over CAP for a BMW X5 and still taking 2,000 profit or it.
      05-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
doughboy
Major General

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris335d View Post
Again this is the same speech i have with dealers and traders i talk to every day, these guides are just that, ''Guides'' too many people take them as red.
You need to apply common sense i believe especially with the way the market is now. I have personally thrown the guides out of the window and just used common sense. Even giving 2,600 over CAP for a BMW X5 and still taking 2,000 profit or it.
+1 they just give you a reference point to base your offers on.

Of course you have more idea than most, but non traders (like me) need a reference point when dealing with your average shifty theiving dodgy used car dealer (not you of course).
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
      05-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #26
Kris335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
+1 they just give you a reference point to base your offers on.

Of course you have more idea than most, but non traders (like me) need a reference point when dealing with your average shifty theiving dodgy used car dealer (not you of course).
Lol couldnt agree more and i cant be a dodgy dealer as the used cars i sell are sold from a smallholding at my home, so comebacks are not so fun.

As for the reference point i completely agree, however i think people like yourselves who are reasonably well informed will do ok, especiallly if you ook around and cross reference as ///ajd did with autotrader.

Too many people go to garages and get bullied into buying.

Incidentally if anyone ever needs guide prices etc dont hesitate to ask me.

Thanks
Kris
      05-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #27
doughboy
Major General

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

My father in law has owned and run with his wife the same rural, independant garage and used car dealers for FORTY years! and worked there for over 50 years! (he gives me his previous glass's guide every month )

They're retiring now and renting out the garage, but he's still doing car trading on the side as that's where the easy money is - forget servicing and repairs and all that grubby hard work.

Well, it's easy when you've been doing it for over 40 years!!
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom