E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > ▀▄ eas - 2011 LCI Taillight Retrofit Overview - Q&A



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #89
24601
Major
 
24601's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simp0man View Post
Well this is official that I am doing this once I can figure out a local coder...
Same here... but in Hawaii, I think Im out of luck if my dealer cant do it!
24601 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #90
fruition3000
Captain
 
fruition3000's Avatar
 
Drives: Down Ocean Drive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Le-Bron Town

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

PM SENT
__________________
fruition3000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #91
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006-2009 FRM2 Coding - Success!

Today was a milestone in programming, we are now able to program LM2 modules. In this entry, our friends at VF Engineering will be returning with their M2 Widebody Fighter Pilot for programming:



You might remember in an earlier post that we performed the LCI update on VF Engineering's 2008 Widebody M3, leaving the LM2 module installed for further R&D.



Disregard the EAS button in the video - that's top secret

As seen in the video, we have successfully coded out BulbCheck with no errors present on the dash or iDrive display.

Overview:
- Flickering removed during startup
- Blinker operates at normal speed
- Bulb out errors are no longer present

What does this mean?
FRM3 modules are no longer required for LCI updates.

Would you recommend a FRM2 or FRM3 module for my LCI upgrade?
We still recommend a FRM3 module for upgrades. The coding is performed differently in which any dealer updates do not affect programming that is already present. FRM2 modules are coded different in which BulbCheck is disabled, but can be overwritten if the FRM module is updated. Typically FRM modules are not updated in this fashion, but those looking to save a few bucks can't go wrong keeping the FRM2.

What's in store for the future?
As in the past, we will be handing our notes over to autologic, in which local programming facilities (including our competition on the forum) will now have access to the coding for local programming.

Last Note:
Unfortunately, this may be our last Q/A session. While this is informative to the forum members, it has also trained our competition here (LCI Taillamp upgrades, Folding Mirrors, City Lamps) on the forum, using the literally hours of hard work and late nights we've logged to compete against us. While it's not typically the fashion in which we work - it seems the competitiveness in the market is driving things in this direction, which prevents these types of things from happening.

As thanks for those that have supported us - we will be providing FRM2 coding for the next 5 people that make an appointment at no charge, no matter where your taillamps were purchased. Its our way of saying thanks, and allowing those looking for an experienced programming facility to suit their needs.

Without you - these types of projects would not have been possible.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #92
buckshizzo
First Lieutenant
 
buckshizzo's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 303
iTrader: (4)

Dang! I paid for the FRM3 module. I could have saved a few bucks. Oh well... I love the taillights anyways.
buckshizzo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #93
bmw999
Registered
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: earth

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

That rear trunk emblem is very nice. Where may I obtain it from?

thanks

EDIT: it almost looks like a black/white emblem with the white parts just blackened out. True?
bmw999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #94
Dj_Frost
Second Lieutenant
 
Dj_Frost's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i & 94 3000GT VR4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Panama

Posts: 251
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via ICQ to Dj_Frost Send a message via AIM to Dj_Frost Send a message via MSN to Dj_Frost Send a message via Yahoo to Dj_Frost
what can overseas customers do with the programming?

...and if I have the FRM2 module without programming, I will only have the startup flickering and the error on dash and idrive? but they will still work correct?
Dj_Frost is offline   Panama
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #95
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw999 View Post
That rear trunk emblem is very nice. Where may I obtain it from?

thanks

EDIT: it almost looks like a black/white emblem with the white parts just blackened out. True?
We offer these on the website, please PM me if you want more info to keep this thread tech related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Frost View Post
what can overseas customers do with the programming?

...and if I have the FRM2 module without programming, I will only have the startup flickering and the error on dash and idrive? but they will still work correct?
LCI Lamps will work perfectly fine without programming, you will have the following issues present:

1. Rapid flashing blinkers
2. Flickering upon startup
3. BulbCheck errors on dash/iDrive

Coding via autologic will correct these errors, I would recommend contacting autologic directly for a facility nearby as I do not have a list of facilites overseas.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #96
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

I may have missed the answer to this. In order for me to do the retrofit (Jan '07 build), I would need a new footwell module?
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #97
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
I may have missed the answer to this. In order for me to do the retrofit (Jan '07 build), I would need a new footwell module?
If determined to be FRM2, this can be programmed. A read from the module is typically taken beforehand to determine the type.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #98
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
If determined to be FRM2, this can be programmed. A read from the module is typically taken beforehand to determine the type.
how would I do this? Where exactly is it located?

Can I find it when I pull off the underbody pieces when I retrofit my Msport front bumper on Monday?
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #99
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
how would I do this? Where exactly is it located?

Can I find it when I pull off the underbody pieces when I retrofit my Msport front bumper on Monday?
The module is located behind the kickpanel on the driver's side, behind the OBDII port. For those without a programmer looking to determine FRM type, this is also printed on the module:



Autologic programmers have FRM2 & FRM3 programming capabilities, I have not yet tested with older modules.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #100
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The module is located behind the kickpanel on the driver's side, behind the OBDII port. For those without a programmer looking to determine FRM type, this is also printed on the module:



Autologic programmers have FRM2 & FRM3 programming capabilities, I have not yet tested with older modules.
Stupid question. How do I access it? Does the whole panel have to come off? With the trunk release there, are there any problems accessing it?
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #101
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Stupid question. How do I access it? Does the whole panel have to come off? With the trunk release there, are there any problems accessing it?
2 screws hold on the panel covering the FRM module, it can be accessed in a matter of seconds.

The module does not need to be removed in order to determine FRM type.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #102
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

According to RealOEM.com, my footwell module is: 61359133282


I assume this is not compatible.
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #103
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
According to RealOEM.com, my footwell module is: 61359133282


I assume this is not compatible.
I would recommend bringing your BMW to a autologic programmer to determine what you have - realoem does not have the correct info all of the time.

We can program FRM2 & FRM3 modules, replacement is no longer necessary.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #104
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
2 screws hold on the panel covering the FRM module, it can be accessed in a matter of seconds.

The module does not need to be removed in order to determine FRM type.
I only found one screw. Unless I had the wrong panel, the screw I found was to hold on the hood release pull.
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #105
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
I only found one screw. Unless I had the wrong panel, the screw I found was to hold on the hood release pull.
There is another screw behind the pull handle, or a quick scan with the autologic will determine what module type is pre-installed.

Since we can program both, inspection really isn't needed.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #106
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
There is another screw behind the pull handle, or a quick scan with the autologic will determine what module type is pre-installed.

Since we can program both, inspection really isn't needed.
There are only two types?
bavarian19 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #107
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
There are only two types?
There is an earlier type on SOP e9x models, but never has come up to date for coding requests.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #108
bmw999
Registered
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: earth

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We offer these on the website, please PM me if you want more info to keep this thread tech related.
I cannot PM you since I have too little posts I looked on your website for the black emblems but I could not find it. Do you have a direct link to the item? Thanks in advance.
bmw999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #109
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,864
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw999 View Post
I cannot PM you since I have too little posts I looked on your website for the black emblems but I could not find it. Do you have a direct link to the item? Thanks in advance.
I do not have these on the website, email or phone will work as a means of contact.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #110
gerritg
Enthusiast
 
gerritg's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Munich,Germany

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Today was a milestone in programming, we are now able to program LM2 modules. In this entry, our friends at VF Engineering will be returning with their M2 Widebody Fighter Pilot for programming:



You might remember in an earlier post that we performed the LCI update on VF Engineering's 2008 Widebody M3, leaving the LM2 module installed for further R&D.



Disregard the EAS button in the video - that's top secret

As seen in the video, we have successfully coded out BulbCheck with no errors present on the dash or iDrive display.

Overview:
- Flickering removed during startup
- Blinker operates at normal speed
- Bulb out errors are no longer present

What does this mean?
FRM3 modules are no longer required for LCI updates.

Would you recommend a FRM2 or FRM3 module for my LCI upgrade?
We still recommend a FRM3 module for upgrades. The coding is performed differently in which any dealer updates do not affect programming that is already present. FRM2 modules are coded different in which BulbCheck is disabled, but can be overwritten if the FRM module is updated. Typically FRM modules are not updated in this fashion, but those looking to save a few bucks can't go wrong keeping the FRM2.

What's in store for the future?
As in the past, we will be handing our notes over to autologic, in which local programming facilities (including our competition on the forum) will now have access to the coding for local programming.

Last Note:
Unfortunately, this may be our last Q/A session. While this is informative to the forum members, it has also trained our competition here (LCI Taillamp upgrades, Folding Mirrors, City Lamps) on the forum, using the literally hours of hard work and late nights we've logged to compete against us. While it's not typically the fashion in which we work - it seems the competitiveness in the market is driving things in this direction, which prevents these types of things from happening.

As thanks for those that have supported us - we will be providing FRM2 coding for the next 5 people that make an appointment at no charge, no matter where your taillamps were purchased. Its our way of saying thanks, and allowing those looking for an experienced programming facility to suit their needs.

Without you - these types of projects would not have been possible.
Do you offer the autologic device in Germany in Munich? It the hardware you are using more a typical US standard? Will my BMW dealer also have the capability to code it, or will he just ignore and tell me to put the FRM3 foot module? Thank you very much for your kind support and help.
__________________
NEW BMW X6 3.5 diesel

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
gerritg is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST