E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > ▀▄ eas - 2011 LCI Taillight Retrofit Overview - Q&A



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #111
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritg View Post
Do you offer the autologic device in Germany in Munich? It the hardware you are using more a typical US standard? Will my BMW dealer also have the capability to code it, or will he just ignore and tell me to put the FRM3 foot module? Thank you very much for your kind support and help.
Just responded to your PM with some links, feel free to have your programmer contact me if help is needed.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #112
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
flip4335's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,833
Posts

 
Drives: like it's rented
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the wheel

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
That is pretty close to me in Ashburn. Can you PM me the shop's name?
+1. I live in Ashburn, too, and would like to get the name of that shop!
__________________

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #113
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
32
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (4)

Question regarding the back up/reverse light, what type of bulb do these use, 194, 168, w5w, t10, 50-100-150 three way, 60 watt flood, 48 inch fluorescent.....?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #114
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
Question regarding the back up/reverse light, what type of bulb do these use, 194, 168, w5w, t10, 50-100-150 three way, 60 watt flood, 48 inch fluorescent.....?
I believe it is a H21W, never had the need to replace it yet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #115
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
32
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (4)

Is the revers/back up light that comes with the tiallights pretty bright?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #116
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
Is the revers/back up light that comes with the tiallights pretty bright?
Its the only halogen bulb left in the assembly - just as bright as pre LCI units.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #117
ksh8759
Captain
15
Rep
651
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 2009 E92 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: IN, B-town

iTrader: (7)

Hey Tom. do you know any Autologic programmer in Indiana??
can you find out his contact number??
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #118
mr.e90
Captain
12
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cali

iTrader: (9)

Hey Tom so I bought lci e90 taillights. I plugged the outer ones I'm and of course fast blinking, flickering, and dash errors. Do I need a harness for anything or just get them coded by independent shop to make everything work properly.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #119
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksh8759 View Post
Hey Tom. do you know any Autologic programmer in Indiana??
can you find out his contact number??
I do not have a contact in IN I can suggest, I would recommend contacting autologic directly to see if they have a location near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvasquez2428 View Post
Hey Tom so I bought lci e90 taillights. I plugged the outer ones I'm and of course fast blinking, flickering, and dash errors. Do I need a harness for anything or just get them coded by independent shop to make everything work properly.
No harness is required on e90 applications, they keep the old style plug.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #120
mr.e90
Captain
12
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cali

iTrader: (9)

so ill i have to do now is get them coded right?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #121
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvasquez2428 View Post
so ill i have to do now is get them coded right?
That's correct. If you're in the SoCal area - we can always code them for you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #122
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Would you still get your errors when something is wrong with your lights after coding? What functionality is lost?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #123
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
Would you still get your errors when something is wrong with your lights after coding? What functionality is lost?
No functions are lost. The Lifespan of LEDs will likely outlast your BMW.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #124
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
No functions are lost. The Lifespan of LEDs will likely outlast your BMW.

Sorry this is kind of off-topic, but can we retrofit the LCI head lights for the E92? If so, do we need coding too?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #125
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
Sorry this is kind of off-topic, but can we retrofit the LCI head lights for the E92? If so, do we need coding too?
You will need coding as well as a LCI front bumper.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #126
GAaaAR
Captain
10
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You will need coding as well as a LCI front bumper.
Is LCI front bumper a perfect fitment for non-LCI?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #127
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
Is LCI front bumper a perfect fitment for non-LCI?
No idea, I have not yet fitted a LCI bumper to a non LCI BMW.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #128
335ifanatic
Major
335ifanatic's Avatar
13
Rep
1,069
Posts

 
Drives: 12' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC V8
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

I just wanted to thank Tom and EAS for the amazing customer service. I purchased the lights from EAS last week, they were shipped promptly but I had some issues with a local shop to get coding done. Tom not only spoke with the shop but we exchanged a few PM's regrading the matter that helped the shop get the update they needed for autologic so they could code my lights.

The lights were coded yesterday and everything works prefect.

Thanks again and I highly recommend EAS and Tom for your LCI tails.

Reference thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447815
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #129
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
I just wanted to thank Tom and EAS for the amazing customer service. I purchased the lights from EAS last week, they were shipped promptly but I had some issues with a local shop to get coding done. Tom not only spoke with the shop but we exchanged a few PM's regrading the matter that helped the shop get the update they needed for autologic so they could code my lights.

The lights were coded yesterday and everything works prefect.

Thanks again and I highly recommend EAS and Tom for your LCI tails.

Reference thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447815
Thanks for the kind words - always glad to help.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #130
lamj
Assistant (to the) Branch Manager
lamj's Avatar
7
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92 335i monaco/saddle
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: houston, tx

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to lamj
im interested in a set of tails. recommend anyone in houston tx that can do the coding?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #131
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,612
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamj View Post
im interested in a set of tails. recommend anyone in houston tx that can do the coding?
Unfortunately, I do not know of a programmer I can recommend in TX, but a quick call to autologic should point you in the right direction for programming.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #132
classy335i
Private
United_States
1
Rep
53
Posts

 
Drives: e92 SG 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Autologic programming in Oregon?

Tom, do you know any shops in Oregon that can do Autologic programming? Please PM me with price information for a pair of LCI tails. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST