E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 335i -> BMW Performance suspension ride drop



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Got my car back, the BMW Performance suspension is great, i'm a happy camper. The car feels better, sportier, but is not less comfortable. I can feel the road better, but the steeringwheel doesn't shake constantly. It's great. The ride drop is about .75 inch (2cm) in front, nothing in the rear (as far as i can see). Can you spot the difference? (oud = old, nieuw = new)



and some more pics:







All i need now are spacers for the rear. About 5mm i think? Or can i and should i do more?
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust

Last edited by ZneeK; 06-11-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Blue Liquid
First Lieutenant
Blue Liquid's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: e92 AW M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Blue Liquid
I do notice a subtle difference. It's slight, but it's there. I'm having mine installed on Monday. I'll post some pics to get a different aspect on this suspension. What about your driving impressions? How is the 'float' when going over dips in the road, etc? Body roll?
__________________
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh195/cgdito/photo-1.jpg
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #25
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

perfect ride height IMO. How is the ride quality over rough roads?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #26
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
The ride quality is great. Even on rough roads. A rough road in The Netherlands means frost-damaged-tarmac. No noticeable shaking of the steering wheel. What i do feel is excellent communication with the road. Cornering at above average speed feels well-balanced and controlled (a decrease in body roll, but i have no means of measuring this, so it's based on a feeling). Highway cruising is still smooth. It's all i expected and more. Now to get the rear wheels a bit better positioned, i'm thinkg 5mm spacers. Any thoughts?
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #27
rbaldwin28
Lieutenant
rbaldwin28's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i Sport Prem. White
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Carlsbad CA and San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
The ride quality is great. Even on rough roads. A rough road in The Netherlands means frost-damaged-tarmac. No noticeable shaking of the steering wheel. What i do feel is excellent communication with the road. Cornering at above average speed feels well-balanced and controlled (a decrease in body roll, but i have no means of measuring this, so it's based on a feeling). Highway cruising is still smooth. It's all i expected and more. Now to get the rear wheels a bit better positioned, i'm thinkg 5mm spacers. Any thoughts?
I too have been considering suspension to help controll these beasts. This kit is $1,260 from tischer right. How much did you pay dealer for install?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #28
nicks3
First Lieutenant
nicks3's Avatar
12
Rep
309
Posts

 
Drives: 335d Xdrive Msport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

When lowering an E90 does the front swaybar need changing and if so why?
__________________
335d Xdrive Msport Plus, ACS springs and lots of toys
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux
VW Touran 1.9Tdi, 18" wheels, superchipped and lowered!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #29
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaldwin28 View Post
I too have been considering suspension to help controll these beasts. This kit is $1,260 from tischer right. How much did you pay dealer for install?
Parts + installation is 2000+ euro in The Netherlands normally. I paid less, but not by much
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for your review Zneek. Those roads sound a lot like Michigan's I am always glad to hear how much people love their suspensions. It pushes me one step closer to the buy button. BTW I absolutely love your car! I am going to get a set of 313s later on as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #31
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by preDoc 328 View Post
Thanks for your review Zneek. Those roads sound a lot like Michigan's I am always glad to hear how much people love their suspensions. It pushes me one step closer to the buy button. BTW I absolutely love your car! I am going to get a set of 313s later on as well!
To be honest, i would rather have the 269s..... And if you can afford is, get the BMW Performance suspension, it's great!
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

I understand, a lot of ppl prefer the 269s. I just like how the 313s make the car look lighter, plus I've always been a 5 spoke guy (my favorite wheels are the stock ones on the Lambo LP640). Sell me your 313s?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #33
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by preDoc 328 View Post
I understand, a lot of ppl prefer the 269s. I just like how the 313s make the car look lighter, plus I've always been a 5 spoke guy (my favorite wheels are the stock ones on the Lambo LP640). Sell me your 313s?
sure. But i'm not paying for shipping... And my gf sometimes drives the car, so i have 2 counts of curbrash gggrrrmmmmbbbbllll women.....

And i actually prefer the 313s, but since BMW made them standard on the 335is (the 18" version) i'm starting to appreciate the 269s more...
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #34
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
sure. But i'm not paying for shipping... And my gf sometimes drives the car, so i have 2 counts of curbrash gggrrrmmmmbbbbllll women.....

And i actually prefer the 313s, but since BMW made them standard on the 335is (the 18" version) i'm starting to appreciate the 269s more...
Lol sry to hear about your rims, I chose manual (other than the fun factor) so that no one else can drive the car . Of course in Europe, it's a very common skill to have.

I understand your thinking, 269s will be something different and more exclusive. I hope I don't feel that way after getting 313's, my summer job at college doesn't pay nearly enough for me to continue switching things out.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
Ghost151
Private
Ghost151's Avatar
2
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Here are some shots of mine after about 8 months and 7000 miles of break-in on the performance suspension. I have been happy with it ever since.



__________________
2013 X1 28i
&
2009 335i
M-Tech Front/Rear/Sides - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Blacked Out Kidney Grills - CF Diffuser
BMW Performance Suspension - BMW Performance Wheels Style 313
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #36
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

Looks awesome! Have you notice any changes, ie increase or decrease in ride comfort or handling? Also are those 19in 313s or 18s? Great looking ride!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #37
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Those are 19s right? Seems to have approx the same ride heigt as mine has now. So my suspension is settled i guess. Well, it looks great, just drove into town and checked myself out in the store reflection (oh, how vein... ) and concluded i'm satisfied...

Btw, i noticed some dark stains on my driveway where my car was parked. Situated right beneath the iDrive button (middle of the car). Could it be the installation of the suspension and the showroomshine-treatment causes some soft of fluid leakage? Or should i worry about some other problem?
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #38
Ghost151
Private
Ghost151's Avatar
2
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
From a handling point of view the change with the performance suspension is huge. The feel of the car at high speeds is significantly more stable and solid.

I personally think the overall ride comfort is a little more bumpy unless the road is in excellent condition but the only comparison I have is to the original suspension and wheels/tires. The 313's are 19's with Bridgestone Potenza runflats that came with the set when I bought them. The original 189's with Michelin Sports seemed to have a more comfortable ride and less road noise. I think the combination of the stiffer suspension and the Bridgestone tires made the overall ride more bumpy.

Regardless of the slightly decreased ride comfort I still love the handling improvements to the car.
__________________
2013 X1 28i
&
2009 335i
M-Tech Front/Rear/Sides - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Blacked Out Kidney Grills - CF Diffuser
BMW Performance Suspension - BMW Performance Wheels Style 313
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #39
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
The performance suspension went on my car 5 days ago and I am a very happy camper. It's a great street setup and I concur with all of the positive points made about it.
Attached Images
       
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #40
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost151 View Post
From a handling point of view the change with the performance suspension is huge. The feel of the car at high speeds is significantly more stable and solid.

I personally think the overall ride comfort is a little more bumpy unless the road is in excellent condition but the only comparison I have is to the original suspension and wheels/tires. The 313's are 19's with Bridgestone Potenza runflats that came with the set when I bought them. The original 189's with Michelin Sports seemed to have a more comfortable ride and less road noise. I think the combination of the stiffer suspension and the Bridgestone tires made the overall ride more bumpy.

Regardless of the slightly decreased ride comfort I still love the handling improvements to the car.
I have stock suspension, and while it's good, it does lean and roll quite a bit more than I would like. Also, it really isn't that soft either, I still need to slow down a lot when going over bumps and it slams over large ones (due to run flats?). Thanks for responding, good to hear about your positive experience!

@Scott: Sweet looking car, love those wheels! Glad you are enjoying the suspension.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #41
preDoc 328
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
Those are 19s right? Seems to have approx the same ride heigt as mine has now. So my suspension is settled i guess. Well, it looks great, just drove into town and checked myself out in the store reflection (oh, how vein... ) and concluded i'm satisfied...

Btw, i noticed some dark stains on my driveway where my car was parked. Situated right beneath the iDrive button (middle of the car). Could it be the installation of the suspension and the showroomshine-treatment causes some soft of fluid leakage? Or should i worry about some other problem?
Sounds like it would be from around your transmission if it came from beneath the idrive button. If you're still within warranty, I would definitely schedule an appointment. Better safe than sorry later right?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost151 View Post
From a handling point of view the change with the performance suspension is huge. The feel of the car at high speeds is significantly more stable and solid.

I personally think the overall ride comfort is a little more bumpy unless the road is in excellent condition but the only comparison I have is to the original suspension and wheels/tires. The 313's are 19's with Bridgestone Potenza runflats that came with the set when I bought them. The original 189's with Michelin Sports seemed to have a more comfortable ride and less road noise. I think the combination of the stiffer suspension and the Bridgestone tires made the overall ride more bumpy.

Regardless of the slightly decreased ride comfort I still love the handling improvements to the car.
I started out with the stock (sports) suspension and 313s (icw Potenza RE050a RFT) and i have to say, comfort isn't noticeably less... Overall it feels just as comfortable. The rest is better, way better. Flooring the accelerator is much more controlled, cornering is excellent, it just feels more controleable.
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #43
ZneeK
vrooommm
ZneeK's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by preDoc 328 View Post
Sounds like it would be from around your transmission if it came from beneath the idrive button. If you're still within warranty, I would definitely schedule an appointment. Better safe than sorry later right?
I made a quick stop at the local dealer en took a look underneath. Seems to be transmission, it was "sweety". I put a piece of cardboard underneath the car, i'll check it in the morning... damnit...
__________________
BMW E92 - 335i - Spacegrau - Black Dakota - AT - BMW Performance style 313s (19) - BMW Performance suspension - M-aerodynamics - BMW Performance diffuser - considering: BMW Performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #44
rbaldwin28
Lieutenant
rbaldwin28's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i Sport Prem. White
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Carlsbad CA and San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
I made a quick stop at the local dealer en took a look underneath. Seems to be transmission, it was "sweety". I put a piece of cardboard underneath the car, i'll check it in the morning... damnit...
The transmission pan is plastic and yours is warped. I had mine replaced as well as the mechatronic sleeve (whatever that is). After they were done they had saved the transmission fluid and poured it back in because BMW tells them not to replace it. Always tryin to save a buck. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST